Kansas

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

enfuego

Re: Kansas

Post by enfuego »

"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Quite a game between the "9th" best team in the country, the Kansas Fightin' Fanny Packs, and their longtime nemesis TCU today. The Fannies were able to prevail.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Battle tested. In every game.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Puerco wrote:Battle tested. In every game.
Are you talking about Arizona's performance against UCLA last night? This is Arizona's year to do something, because next year is a rebuilding year. You lose McConnell to the business world, Tarczewski to Europe, Ashley to the NBDL, and Jefferson and Johnson to the NBA. I don't care who your incoming class is that is a lot of experience to replace.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

This Kansas-ISU game is absolutely torture to watch. Terrible both ways.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Down goes Kansas in some kind of technical win kind of way.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Another quality loss.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

How does Self so consistently take 5 star players and make them as soft as baby shit?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

splitsecond wrote:How does Self so consistently take 5 star players and make them as soft as baby shit?
It's a skill.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Kansas should be a 4 seed. But lunardi said they are a 2 even with this loss. I don't care if you play nothing but #1 teams...you don't deserve a 2 seed if you lose every game to good teams you play.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Step 1) Enfuego talks shit
Step 2) Kansas loses
Step 3) Repeat
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
AzDave

Post by AzDave »

KU sews up a 2 seed with yet another quality loss!

What a joke....gonna be over seeded...again....and lose to a team like Stanford...again. But hey, back to back SOS champs! Way to go Jayhawks!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

p0 kansas
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Notre Dame should get the 2 seed over Kansas.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I like when Kansas loses......but I can't tell most of my family that :-(. Have to be a closet KU hater....anyways, a good day already. BTFD and let's put a 3rd beatdown on the Ducks!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

catgrad97 wrote:Notre Dame should get the 2 seed over Kansas.
I'll be pretty surprised if Kansas ended up a two, but we will know soon enough.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

qwertyus wrote:This Kansas-ISU game is absolutely torture to watch. Terrible both ways.
Did you watch UA/UCLA last night? Maybe you're not used to watching two top 15 teams going at it. Good luck tonight against another in a long list of unranked teams Arizona has to "challenge" themselves against in Oregon. I may watch it to watch the Pac-12 POY get worked out of the game by the referees.
salim'sheadband

Any games today?
salim'sheadband

I see all these Sweet Sixteen caliber teams in the Big 12 are preparing Kansas for their Sweet Sixteen loss. That's kind of them.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Guys, let's be honest, Iowa State would go undefeated in the Pac 12.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Wow...8 losses. don't teams that lose that often usually go to the nit or cbi?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

enfuego wrote:
Are you talking about Arizona's performance against UCLA last night? This is Arizona's year to do something, because next year is a rebuilding year. You lose McConnell to the business world, Tarczewski to Europe, Ashley to the NBDL, and Jefferson and Johnson to the NBA. I don't care who your incoming class is that is a lot of experience to replace.
It's good to know you're already moving on emotionally, fuego. That'll help to lessen the blow this coming week.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Damn, one more loss and Kansas could have played themselves into a #1 seed.
-JB
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Ernst Stavro Blofeld wrote:One may blow up Kansas and the world may not hear about it.
Thomas Frank wrote:
There is something in the state that creates real geniuses of averageness. But it's also this weird kind of averageness. It's definitely the place where test-marketers go, but it's not a normal kind of averageness; it's almost an outraged 'averageness,' an exceptionally determined will to be 'average.'
salim'sheadband

It is unbelievable how weak-minded this Kansas team is:

enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Oregon - Kenpom 46
Iowa State - Kenpom 13

Keep crowing about that dominant win over a crappy team.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

enfuego wrote:Oregon - Kenpom 46
Iowa State - Kenpom 13

Keep crowing about that dominant win over a crappy team.
You keep on crowing about those moral victories.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Arizona - kenpom 2
ku - fell out of the kenpom top 10

shrug.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Whichever 1 seed gets Kansas as it's 2 is going to be very happy. They won't even make it to the second weekend. Notre Dame should be getting that 2 seed.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Zero wrote:Whichever 1 seed gets Kansas as it's 2 is going to be very happy. They won't even make it to the second weekend. Notre Dame should be getting that 2 seed.
Def. Kansas as a 2 is a gift from the gods for whichever 1 is with them.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

salim'sheadband wrote:It is unbelievable how weak-minded this Kansas team is:
I was assured Kansas knew how to put teams away.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Weakest 2 seed. Should have been a 3.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Won't make it out of 2nd round, Wichita State will beat them.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

enfuego wrote:
SCCats wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:How about a side bet that a seven-loss team isn't getting a 2 seed.
Of course for Kansas that's the bet I'm proposing. But Enfuego will say he didn't come back today or tomorrow or whatever other day he needs to say to not technically be a part of the bet because he knows what will happen.

The important lesson here actually is for the lower boards: when you know what a person's disposition is, when you know what a nation is going to do, you can use that against them. Here, there, wherever: I know what your disposition is, and I can use it against you to trap you. To put you in an untenable place.

Here Enfuego will NEVER respond to my bet. He can't; he's in a lose/lose spot. And what's the worse case for me? I lose $100?

I've won before he's even responded because I've trapped him into saying Kansas is a 2 seed.
Kansas deserves a 2 seed. Why would I bet on something which the team can't control (no, they can't control the politics of the committee member's bias). It's been a while since KU last played Arizona and gave your team a beat down. Maybe Arizona will be the three seed in our Bracket in the Midwest Region this March?
Someone owes me $100.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Someone doesn't know how bets work.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
enfuego wrote:
SCCats wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:How about a side bet that a seven-loss team isn't getting a 2 seed.
Of course for Kansas that's the bet I'm proposing. But Enfuego will say he didn't come back today or tomorrow or whatever other day he needs to say to not technically be a part of the bet because he knows what will happen.

The important lesson here actually is for the lower boards: when you know what a person's disposition is, when you know what a nation is going to do, you can use that against them. Here, there, wherever: I know what your disposition is, and I can use it against you to trap you. To put you in an untenable place.

Here Enfuego will NEVER respond to my bet. He can't; he's in a lose/lose spot. And what's the worse case for me? I lose $100?

I've won before he's even responded because I've trapped him into saying Kansas is a 2 seed.
Kansas deserves a 2 seed. Why would I bet on something which the team can't control (no, they can't control the politics of the committee member's bias). It's been a while since KU last played Arizona and gave your team a beat down. Maybe Arizona will be the three seed in our Bracket in the Midwest Region this March?
Someone owes me $100.
This is when I wish we still had that rolling/laughing emoticon.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
enfuego wrote:
SCCats wrote:

Someone owes me $100.
This is when I wish we still had that rolling/laughing emoticon.
I didn't take the bet, because I knew this guy wouldn't pay up. I bumped this merely for the comedic stupidity of his purported "lesson for the lower boards" babbling which in retrospect he put himself into a custom fit clown suit.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The only clown here is you enflamo.
-JB
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I think UA got a gift for staying in the West. Kansas in the toughest region top to bottom. South the weakest region. Bad overall seeding by the committee this year.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

enfuego wrote:I think UA got a gift for staying in the West. Kansas in the toughest region top to bottom. South the weakest region. Bad overall seeding by the committee this year.
What double digit seed is beating you guys this year?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wsu or Indiana are bouncing Kansas next weekend
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

congrats to ku for the extremely favorable draw. no excuse for the jaywalks to not make a deep deep run. see u in indy, kansans.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

dirtbags wrote:congrats to ku for the extremely favorable draw. no excuse for the jaywalks to not make a deep deep run. see u in indy, kansans.
Favorable draw? BS. Everyone is calling it the toughest region. I think Arizona should be worried as a #2 seed. I believe Arizona holds the record for the number of first and second round flame outs as a #2 seed.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
dirtbags wrote:congrats to ku for the extremely favorable draw. no excuse for the jaywalks to not make a deep deep run. see u in indy, kansans.
Favorable draw? BS. Everyone is calling it the toughest region. I think Arizona should be worried as a #2 seed. I believe Arizona holds the record for the number of first and second round flame outs as a #2 seed.
Oh yeah? :lol:
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

for a team like ku? pfft. easy peasy! i've got kansas penciled in to at least the ff for all the reasons you've outlined in this thread. and everyone knows omaha + cleveland = lawrence, so enjoy the home crowd advantage. i know i will be hugely disappointed if ku falls short of hardware in indy. chalk rock jaywalk and such!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

enfuego wrote:
lol

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=13732227
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Main Event wrote:
enfuego wrote:
lol

His own fan base thinks he's a dipshit.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote: His own fan base thinks he's a dipshit.
They're right.
-JB
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Main Event wrote:
enfuego wrote:
lol

Enfuego seems to have a similar mindset to KU & Arizona as BeachCat has to Arizona and UCLA.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Main Event wrote:
enfuego wrote:
lol

Enfuego seems to have a similar mindset to KU & Arizona as BeachCat has to Arizona and UCLA.
That was my thought exactly.