Just Boeheim being accurate again, right Gumby?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catgrad97

Re: Just Boeheim being accurate again, right Gumby?

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote: For the record, Seth Davis and Clark Kellogg had no issue with it.
Of course they didn't. It's all about access and that next "Men of March" special.

If I were a young coach, the last power conference I'd aspire to would be the ACC given the corrupt old guard lodged atop the conference between Roy, K and Boeheim.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lmao
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SCCats wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:The NCAA might respond to UNC by revoking more scholarships from USC's football team.
Boise State football just got a letter from the NCAA: they're going to figure out the imputed value of Boise's schadenfreude over Syracuse getting sanctions, find that to be an improper benefit and declare those football players ineligible for the upcoming year and cause Boise State to lose some scholarships.
After Boise got sanctions for their rogue women's tennis program, I'd be worried about the hammer.

It is entirely fitting that Boeheim handles the scandal like he handles everything else, by chucking people under the bus and being a giant d-bag.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Such a pussy move skipping the presser.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

He then went on to get "choked up" about the battle ahead when speaking about it (even though he wasn't supposed to, right?) to a bunch of boosters.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/in ... th_nc.html

He is near the tops of my most hated coaches ever list. Just not a good human being. But I am sure he'll be FINE as long as nobody on his staff touches boys anymore.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Love, love, love that there wasn't a ton of "Weird without Syracuse" or "Missing Syracuse" commentary today. I just remembered tonight they weren't eligible but who cares.

Plus, feel bad for the current players. They signed up with Boeheim for this very day, and it was taken away from them without them doing anything wrong (presumably). I wonder what Boeheim was doing today? Seriously, it couldn't be a good day.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Syracuse has let go their AD and announced that Boeheim will retire in 2018 after 3 more seasons.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Gumby?

(though I still have no idea how gumby got assigned to be Boeheim's apologist, other than as a "reluctant leader in times of crisis")

I guess I'm wondering what this does to the succession plan that would elevate Mike Hopkins. Suddenly, his name is no longer included, and one can really see a new wrinkle with the old plan to keep him on. I look forward to a new fan base discussing Sean Miller. I mean, why not? Syracuse is such an obvious destination for coaches who haven't been in that program since the 1960s. Swimming pools, movie stars, etc.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Gumby?

(though I still have no idea how gumby got assigned to be Boeheim's apologist, other than as a "reluctant leader in times of crisis")

I guess I'm wondering what this does to the succession plan that would elevate Mike Hopkins. Suddenly, his name is no longer included, and one can really see a new wrinkle with the old plan to keep him on. I look forward to a new fan base discussing Sean Miller. I mean, why not? Syracuse is such an obvious destination for coaches who haven't been in that program since the 1960s. Swimming pools, movie stars, etc.
They should hire someone who can really connect with today's youth. Maybe Bernie Fine?
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
They should hire someone who can really connect with today's youth. Maybe Bernie Fine?
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

I feel like Boeheim agreeing to retire in 3 years is punishment enought for Syracuse. Falling on the sword like that is pretty noble.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Coop Cat wrote:
It's like he ran an Institutional thing over which he had a complete Lack Of Control, in the best case scenario.

Of course if you read the report and how he gets singled out, you might think differently.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Boeheim will appeal the "unduly harsh sanctions." Not for himself, though.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=12513107

Jim, I hope you never change.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Boeheim is such a fuck weasel.
gumby

Post by gumby »

My view. Give him his last cigarette. Vitale is an apologist for EVERY coach. Always has been.

Right where I want to be.