Another best for Toad Graham..

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Another best for Toad Graham..

Post by ASUHATER! »

Never understood the supposed inferiority complex. All evidence available points to Asu and its fans having the massive inferiority complex in the state.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cpt

Post by cpt »

Phoenix media: Arizona is as irrelevant in football as ASU is in basketball. ASU football is as dominant as Arizona basketball. They keep saying it over and over regardless of the facts.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

cpt wrote:Phoenix media: Arizona is as irrelevant in football as ASU is in basketball. ASU football is as dominant as Arizona basketball. They keep saying it over and over regardless of the facts.
Basically the mantra they've been repeating for 25 years. In reality how it has been for 30 years is Arizona football=Asu football and Arizona basketball >>>>>>>>>>Asu basketball.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The only thing ASSu football has over Arizona is Rose Bowls. That's it. Don't get me wrong, it's a big one, but that's it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASU has 7 sole football conference championships since the schools left the Border Conference.

UA has none.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote:ASU has 7 sole football conference championships since the schools left the Border Conference.

UA has none.
Well, OK. That too. :D
cpt

Post by cpt »

Merkin wrote:ASU has 7 sole football conference championships since the schools left the Border Conference.

UA has none.
That's putting a thumb on the scales for ASU, no?

Arizona won (yes they were ties) two WAC championships. ASU won (with ties) seven WAC championships. Arizona won one Pac-10 championship (yes, tied), ASU won two Pac-10 championships. ASU has won one Pac-12 South championship, Arizona won one Pac-12 South championship. Not the blowout your post makes it seem.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And we have the head to head over asu. Outside of the rose bowls, since we joined the conference 37 years ago the two schools are virtually equal.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

UAEebs86 wrote:
So weird that he said that.. Never heard Madonna say anything like that
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

To be fair he's said that about every team.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Best team to ever stumble to fifth place in the Pac-12 South.

When that happens, all the ESPN Blog writers can at least say they got the two schools mixed up. Again.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:To be fair he's said that about every team.
He has it on a laminated card.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I mean asu can be really good this year, like 10-2 division champ good...but they have a ridiculous schedule. We don't have a bye, sure, but their schedule has Texas a&m in Houston(basically a road game), @Ucla, @ Utah, @ California, Usc, Oregon and Arizona. They can go 10-2 or even 11-1...or they could go 6-6

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ASSU is going to be really good this year. I think they will be a top 10 team and they will beat A&M impressively.

Still, Graham is such a duesch. His maroon boots with the sun devil trident was so "him".
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I agree with Todd. And anything less than a playoff appearance will represent a total choke job on his part.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Chicat wrote:I agree with Todd. And anything less than a playoff appearance will represent a total choke job on his part.
I really hope this is a joke.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

It was. He wants to call them underachievers
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catinfl wrote:
Chicat wrote:I agree with Todd. And anything less than a playoff appearance will represent a total choke job on his part.
I really hope this is a joke.
Sorry, meant to say "National Championship". A mere playoff appearance is simply not good enough for this in incredible Sun Devil squad and coaching staff. Anything less will be a massive disappointment.

Seems like everyone around that program would agree:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... media-days
There’s a different attitude and swagger around the Arizona State locker room these days, a confidence bubbling throughout Tempe that has Sun Devils using the word “championship” a lot. Not just a Pac-12 championship, which would be a huge accomplishment considering the depth of the conference (six teams ranked in the preseason top 25 coaches’ poll) and the stacked south division ASU plays in. No, the Sun Devils like to reach higher, and talk about a national championship. And they talk about it a lot.

“If you talk to coach (Todd) Graham for 30 seconds, you might hear him say ‘national championship’ 15 times,” says Bercovici, ASU’s quarterback.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He should guarantee a Natty. Anything less = Choke Job
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

I think people are going to find out very quickly how good Jaelen Strong (and to a lesser extent, Cam Smith) were and how valuable they were to the Devils. They run a very deliberate offense behind one of the worst pass protection schemes since 2011 and absent a create-a-player on the outside I'm not sure I buy Bercovicis' ability to make snap decisions with defenders in his face.

They sure are good at talking in that plastic bubble, aren't they.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Perhaps Sweatbands believes you can summon a national championship the same way you can summon Beetlejuice?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

#SpeakingVictory
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If they don't win it all this year, then you know that Coach Madonna MicWristbands is a choker.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Madonna has never won anything of value. Not a conference championship or a major bowl game nothing, but now he's gonna win a national championship. Alright Madonna.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote: If they don't win it all this year, then you know that Coach Madonna MicWristbands is a choker.
I'll take "Trophies ASSu will never hold for $200 Alex"
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

As an ASU player, that's your own coach practically inviting you to choke.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

These signs are dead ahead when you walk into ASU's practice dome.

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

They think Devin Lucian is gonna be a stud and have a monster year when he really didn't do much at UCLA. Mora let him transfer in division with no penalty so I don't really think he'll be that much of a problem. ASU better find some answers at WR
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Thats one of the reasons they moved that RB to the slot. They sold it as the other kid being fantastic and maybe he is but replacing Strong who just overwhelmed most CB's will be tough

As an aside I still marvel at how well McNight had Strong locked up on that last drive of ASSU's last year. He wore Strong like a glove
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASSu loses both tackles and their QB and will win the South. We lose 3 linemen and will drop to just above Rado. smh
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:As an aside I still marvel at how well McNight had Strong locked up on that last drive of ASSU's last year. He wore Strong like a glove
Fast forward to 3:58

Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Chicat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:As an aside I still marvel at how well McNight had Strong locked up on that last drive of ASSU's last year. He wore Strong like a glove

ASU QB throws uncatchable pass out of bounds = UA fans declare it great coverage.
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:Thats one of the reasons they moved that RB to the slot. They sold it as the other kid being fantastic and maybe he is but replacing Strong who just overwhelmed most CB's will be tough

As an aside I still marvel at how well McNight had Strong locked up on that last drive of ASSU's last year. He wore Strong like a glove
Foster was moved to WR because thats his best shot at the pro's. Plus, Demario Richard is a much better pure RB. Foster requested the move to WR. And you are right, they are not replacing Jaelen Strong anytime soon. USC is about the only school that can bring in that caliber of receiver on a regular basis.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
Chicat wrote:

ASU QB throws uncatchable pass out of bounds = UA fans declare it great coverage.
It was great coverage and that's why he was forced to throw a bad pass?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catinfl wrote:
Chicat wrote:

It was great coverage and that's why he was forced to throw a bad pass?
Perhaps Scum Dick wanted his guy to throw an INT?
Scummy Dick Douglas

The only real draw back to Jaelen Strong's game is his inability to get separation from coverage. If you watch even a modicum of his highlight reel he is almost always covered very well, often by multiple defenders. Throwing to a covered Jaelen Strong was never a problem before that game. Good coverage or not, that was simply a bad pass.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Come on Scummy, not many hard feelings I guess. McNight did a great job on several of those downs, especially both third and fourth down. Berco had no place to go and Scooby was grabbing at his ankles.

For the most part Strong was incoverabe all day and was and is a Sunday guy. Geez we give your props and you guys still cant give credit where credit is due. All class you guys are
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:The only real draw back to Jaelen Strong's game is his inability to get separation from coverage. If you watch even a modicum of his highlight reel he is almost always covered very well, often by multiple defenders. Throwing to a covered Jaelen Strong was never a problem before that game. Good coverage or not, that was simply a bad pass.
lol ok. :roll:
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:Come on Scummy, not many hard feelings I guess. McNight did a great job on several of those downs, especially both third and fourth down. Berco had no place to go and Scooby was grabbing at his ankles.

For the most part Strong was incoverabe all day and was abdbis a Sunday call.Geez we give your props and you guys still cant give crefit where credit is due. All class you guys are
No hard feeling at all, I am simply pointing out a reality: Jaelen Strong was not good at getting separation. ASU QB's threw to him in heavy coverage all the time. He didn't even stand a chance at that pass it was so bad. And I agree with your second point above. I think the bad pass is more reflective of the pressure UA had been getting all day, not the coverage by McNight. Scooby had been in the backfield all day, and the QB's pass there was a reflection of that.

You prob won't watch it, but if you want, check out this highlight video of his:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsNC4B-OaFY

Though his catches are really impressive, it speaks to a pretty glaring inability to separate, something he MUST do at the next level.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

azcat49 wrote:Come on Scummy, not many hard feelings I guess. McNight did a great job on several of those downs, especially both third and fourth down. Berco had no place to go and Scooby was grabbing at his ankles.

For the most part Strong was incoverabe all day and was abdbis a Sunday call.Geez we give your props and you guys still cant give crefit where credit is due. All class you guys are
No hard feeling at all, I am simply pointing out a reality: Jaelen Strong was not good at getting separation. ASU QB's threw to him in heavy coverage all the time. He didn't even stand a chance at that pass it was so bad. And I agree with your second point above. I think the bad pass is more reflective of the pressure UA had been getting all day, not the coverage by McNight. Scooby had been in the backfield all day, and the QB's pass there was a reflection of that.

You prob won't watch it, but if you want, check out this highlight video of his:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsNC4B-OaFY

Though his catches are really impressive, it speaks to a pretty glaring inability to separate, something he MUST do at the next level.
Yup you're exactly right. People were shocked, almost insulted, he went in the 3rd round, but he really struggles with press coverage and breaking away from his man was never his strength. He was a threat because, while he wasn't necessarily faster, he was stronger than the other guys and would muscle the ball out of the air.

I'm curious to see how he does at the next level, if he can develop a bit more quickness he'd be a lot more dangerous.
Fendicent4ever

Post by Fendicent4ever »

Scrappy, Jaasen Lewis, and Durant not in camp. I know Scrappy is hurt, but always put recruiting rankings into perspective with ASU. Sound a lot more like Eugene Germany and Kemonte Bateman than Jaelen Strong
Scummy Dick Douglas

Fendicent4ever wrote:Scrappy, Jaasen Lewis, and Durant not in camp. I know Scrappy is hurt, but always put recruiting rankings into perspective with ASU. Sound a lot more like Eugene Germany and Kemonte Bateman than Jaelen Strong
Durant gone for good. Scrappy blew out his knee for the second time playing 7v7 against ASU coaches wishes (greyshirt). Jason Lewis on campus and should be cleared to play in the next couple of days according to most reports. Morie Evans did not qualify.

Also, they added 2 four stars (Chatman & Wallace) AFTER signing day. They needed Durant to make an impact this season, but they have done pretty well in making up for those losses with late additions.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Wow, he is really heaping it on now:

"I've got a tremendous belief in this football team," Graham said. "It's the best football team that we've had since we've been at Arizona State. The character, the discipline, the speed, the athleticism, just being in our fourth year, it's just a special time and special group of young men."

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/ ... son-082215
-JB
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They had there booster luncheon last week and several of my colleagues were at it and came back and basically said anything short of the playoff as the PAC champ would be a letdown.

It was full of anti AZ smack talknled by the owner of San Tan Ford and the AD of ASSU. Typical Clownish behavior by a clown school with clown fans and a clown poster like SDD
Scummy Dick Douglas

azcat49 wrote:They had there booster luncheon last week and several of my colleagues were at it and came back and basically said anything short of the playoff as the PAC champ would be a letdown.

It was full of anti AZ smack talknled by the owner of San Tan Ford and the AD of ASSU. Typical Clownish behavior by a clown school with clown fans and a clown poster like SDD
Haha, man 49. You are an emotional fella. Sounds like your colleagues are saying things to get under your skin. And don't forget, your super awesome AD graduated from that "clown school".
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just don't like your bullshit fan ass dude. You, Mr I am just giving the facts attitude until Chi uncovers your clown tweet.

Oh and GB at an alumni function at Phoenix CC mentioned ASSU as our friends to the north.

You should be embarrassed by the leadership at your school, your fans and most of all yourself. Clownish and classless, the motto by which ASSU and its fans are known
Scummy Dick Douglas

UAEebs86 wrote:Wow, he is really heaping it on now:

"I've got a tremendous belief in this football team," Graham said. "It's the best football team that we've had since we've been at Arizona State. The character, the discipline, the speed, the athleticism, just being in our fourth year, it's just a special time and special group of young men."

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/ ... son-082215
Is he wrong? We all agree that TG is the king of hyperbole, but by most accounts this is the biggest, fastest, and most athletic the ASU roster has been in a long time. The last couple or recruiting classes are proof of that. I think they are still a couple of years away from being a legitimate threat to win the conference. But if they continue to recruit top 20 classes they will be setting the program up to reload, not rebuild.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It won't come true unless you say it out loud 500+ times...