Baby Gronk

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UALoco

Baby Gronk

Post by UALoco »

Baby Gronk, Glenn, calls out Arizona for not giving him an offer. I don't question RR's thinking here but the timing is interesting in that we just made Cobb a Fullback. Would have been nice to have a Gronk Dynasty here with his two older Bro's setting it up for Glenn. They'll all have kids someday...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... g-namesake
CalStateTempe

Re: Baby Gronk

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'm so over the gronk family at UofA.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

He's a fullback there? He was 6'3 185 WR out of HS, although I can't say I'm surprised he got so big based on his familial genes. Think it's kind of silly comparing moving Cobb to FB when Arizona hasn't used one at all his first 3 years and Goose is a senior this year. So we could have gotten use out of him one year? Also Mike Stoops passed on him, not Rich Rod.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I think Stoops was probably tired of Gordy.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

ChooChooCat wrote:He's a fullback there? He was 6'3 185 WR out of HS, although I can't say I'm surprised he got so big based on his familial genes. Think it's kind of silly comparing moving Cobb to FB when Arizona hasn't used one at all his first 3 years and Goose is a senior this year. So we could have gotten use out of him one year? Also Mike Stoops passed on him, not Rich Rod.
Tutogi was a FB. RR used it at WVU and MIchigan a bit he just didn't have a kid talented enough to do it
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

catinfl wrote:Tutogi was a FB. RR used it at WVU and MIchigan a bit he just didn't have a kid talented enough to do it
He did. Owen Schmitt comes to mind (6'2" 250lbs). Who did wonders for Steve Slaton at WVU. But they ran the ball there 70-75% of the time. Also in the BE, where they sized up well with rest of league.

No sign that's going to happen next couple years at AZ. Seems RR adapting to talent he has, decent arm strength, WR corp etc. In P12 and with RR's schemes, AZ not going to size up that well in league. AZ has to be faster, more athletes, agility, conditioning for a faster pace.

Thought the Cobb move was to try to protect Wilson more in certain situations. Also, my thought bottom line, if Cobb showed enough promise at LB, they would have kept him at LB.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

My bad, should have known it was Stoops.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

John Kenney was solid at Fullback at Iowa, even though it wasn't his preferred position. I wonder if Rich Rod uses him in that role next year if he can't crack the rotation at LB.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Who gives a rats ass. The last thing we need at this point in the program is another athlete who will intentionally hold up our competitive edge because he only will do what daddy tells him.

Love Gronk, but know-it-all soccer dad Gordon fucked us out of a Rose Bowl by commandeering Gronk's career here.

That being said, he in the end did us a favor because if Gronk had played his last year Stoops might still be here, or would have been here long enough to keep us from getting RichRod.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

splitsecond wrote:Who gives a rats ass. The last thing we need at this point in the program is another athlete who will intentionally hold up our competitive edge because he only will do what daddy tells him.

Love Gronk, but know-it-all soccer dad Gordon fucked us out of a Rose Bowl by commandeering Gronk's career here.

That being said, he in the end did us a favor because if Gronk had played his last year Stoops might still be here, or would have been here long enough to keep us from getting RichRod.
I had to laugh at the picture of all of them up on stage with their shirts off... And could imagine one of them saying "Let's all tell a story about the best piece of ass we bagged last week... Dad - you go first!".