ASSU look like clowns

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatsbyAZ

Re: ASSU look like clowns

Post by CatsbyAZ »

azgreg wrote:When did gray become one of their school colors?
It entails a crematorium sponsorship. Expect to see a giant urn up on a billboard somewhere around the stadium.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

ASUHATER! wrote:And black. And copper. And white
Not sure on copper, but ASU officially added black and white as school colors when they rebranded in 2011. I think copper might have been on that list as well, I know they announced in '11 that they would be doing a copper uni at some point.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Sad.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thought there was a ASU general thread like ASU sucks, but I couldn't find it so I'll put this here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... e-air.html
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:And black. And copper. And white
Not sure on copper, but ASU officially added black and white as school colors when they rebranded in 2011. I think copper might have been on that list as well, I know they announced in '11 that they would be doing a copper uni at some point.
Was actually a good move. Being stuck with dried blood and piss every game must've been tough all those years.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Thought there was a ASU general thread like ASU sucks, but I couldn't find it so I'll put this here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... e-air.html
Pretty funny:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

To be fair sorority girls at any modern school would do the same thing at any sporting event.

Merkin

If it worked banning the Haka...

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Seriously ASSU?

matte grey, copper, and white?

Clown school
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

meanwhile, asu reminds its fans not to show up in blackface for this weekend's "blackout game"
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

dirtbags wrote:meanwhile, asu reminds its fans not to show up in blackface for this weekend's "blackout game"
Holy shiit!

If you really want to have a good laugh, read the comments section for that article. Whole lotta derp!
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

CalStateTempe wrote:
dirtbags wrote:meanwhile, asu reminds its fans not to show up in blackface for this weekend's "blackout game"
Holy shiit!

If you really want to have a good laugh, read the comments section for that article. Whole lotta derp!
How 'bout that. The main guy in the comments section that supports the ban still gives the ole "Go Sun Devils!" at the end.
It's sad what a sensetive country we are.
Mike Luke's burner account.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So you think people should be allowed to wear black face?

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:So you think people should be allowed to wear black face?
In the context of a college football game with a black out theme I have no problem with it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I have a problem with asu doing black outs anyway. It's like if we decided to do a purple out or a orange out. Makes no sense

KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Not sure if serious?
Just because you think it's racist doesn't mean it is meant to be racist. If anything people who think like that are racist. Not that you are racist of course. Just speaking in general.
Pardon my grammar, please.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It's just not a good look.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I don't really have an issue with wearing black face paint, per se....

I have a problem with people wearing face paint at all.

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

KillerKlown wrote:
Not sure if serious?
Just because you think it's racist doesn't mean it is meant to be racist. If anything people who think like that are racist. Not that you are racist of course. Just speaking in general.
Pardon my grammar, please.
It absolutely doesn't matter what it's meant to be. Black face has a bad connotation. Just isn't a smart or classy idea to wear it whatever you mean by putting it on. Just like how it's generally not a good idea to say the n word no matter what your connotation or meaning or excuse is for it.

And what exactly is wrong with being sensitive in society? People act like being pc and not being an asshole is a bad thing.

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

In the context of this thread, I also move that clowns should no longer wear whiteface. Incredibly un-PC of them. Assholes!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I would not be in favor of Arizona fans painting their faces black.

ASU fans can do it all they want. They're already a clown college. Might as well live up to it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

gronk4heisman wrote:In the context of this thread, I also move that clowns should no longer wear whiteface. Incredibly un-PC of them. Assholes!
Please explain, in detail, when in history white clown face paint has had racist connotations.

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

ASUHATER! wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:In the context of this thread, I also move that clowns should no longer wear whiteface. Incredibly un-PC of them. Assholes!
Please explain, in detail, when in history white clown face paint has had racist connotations.
White Chicks...Starring Marlon and Sean Wayans.

Also, for the record I don't find either black face or white face even remotely offensive. Childish, yes but offensive not even close. I find it amazing how everything can be construed as racist these days. If you are going to tell people to stop wearing black face paint its racist, then it only seems fitting that you should outlaw white, yellow, red, and brown face paint as well since they could all be deemed offensive by someone.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

gronk4heisman wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Also, for the record I don't find either black face or white face even remotely offensive. Childish, yes but offensive not even close. I find it amazing how everything can be construed as racist these days. If you are going to tell people to stop wearing black face paint its racist, then it only seems fitting that you should outlaw white, yellow, red, and brown face paint as well since they could all be deemed offensive by someone.

facepalm
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

scumdevils86 wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

facepalm
Not sure what the facepalm is about, the movie in your picture is much more racist then black face paint. In fact one of the Coen brothers best films involves black face "paint", should that movie be banned as well?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

gronk4heisman wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

"Could be deemed offensive by someone" is not the case here, dude. There is a well-established history of the use, context and impact of "blackface", as anyone remotely familiar with US cultural history should be aware....

Blackface is a form of theatrical makeup used by performers to represent a black person. The practice gained popularity during the 19th century and contributed to the proliferation of stereotypes such as the "happy-go-lucky darky on the plantation" or the "dandified coon".[1] In 1848, blackface minstrel shows were an American national art of the time, translating formal art such as opera into popular terms for a general audience.[2] Early in the 20th century, blackface branched off from the minstrel show and became a form in its own right, until it ended in the United States with the U.S. Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface
Your comments are akin to saying The Nazi flag or a burning cross "could be deemed offensive by someone" - utterly preposterous!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

gronk4heisman wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

really. That's your example. Wow

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Only problem with what you are saying here is this is a sporting event were fans would be supporting their team not impersonating a person of another race.

Either way ASU is a bunch of clowns, and if it is as racist as some of you seem to think it is I hope they all show up in it so they can be ridiculed on the extremely sensitive shows, like The View, the next day.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This is the wrong forum for this guys.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ASUHATER! wrote:It absolutely doesn't matter what it's meant to be. Black face has a bad connotation. Just isn't a smart or classy idea to wear it whatever you mean by putting it on. Just like how it's generally not a good idea to say the n word no matter what your connotation or meaning or excuse is for it.

And what exactly is wrong with being sensitive in society? People act like being pc and not being an asshole is a bad thing.
:roll:
Have you started a change.org petition to stop Scooby?

azgreg wrote:This is the wrong forum for this guys.
its always the same two stirring it up
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

poor jefe.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jefe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:It absolutely doesn't matter what it's meant to be. Black face has a bad connotation. Just isn't a smart or classy idea to wear it whatever you mean by putting it on. Just like how it's generally not a good idea to say the n word no matter what your connotation or meaning or excuse is for it.

Post it again when it actually resembles something like black face. K thanks.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That's enough guys.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

This. What the hell am i doing sticking up for the scum!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

dunno...but it isn't a good look. asu or not.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Jefe wrote:

Post it again when it actually resembles something like black face. K thanks.
Can you? And actually have it with an asu fan in the football stands posing as black face...because after all this is what this conversation is about. Would help a lot.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

KillerKlown wrote:Can you? And actually have it with an asu fan in the football stands posing as black face...because after all this is what this conversation is about. Would help a lot.
You can post anything...

https://www.change.org/p/arizona-board- ... dium=email" target="_blank

Ban Arizona State University from using Satan as its mascot
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Jefe wrote:
KillerKlown wrote:Can you? And actually have it with an asu fan in the football stands posing as black face...because after all this is what this conversation is about. Would help a lot.
You can post anything...

:idea: :twisted:
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

You can post anything...

http://www.change.org/p/steve-nash-beco ... all-team-2" target="_blank
Steve Nash for coach anyone?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Dark horse national championship contenders.

4-3.

Super dark horse.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

SCCats wrote:Dark horse national championship contenders.

4-3.

Super dark horse.
And still have to play Oregon and Arizona at home and at cal and at a wsu team that can score.

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I'll run smack on ASU all day long but I consider Tillman to be off limits. Unless they do something absolutely egregious and this doesn't even remotely rise to that level.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

It is sad how far Asu has gone to monetize pat Tillman and make it a marketing thing rather than just honoring the guy.

Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

A portion of the proceeds from all the Pat Tillman Adidas gear goes to the Pat Tillman foundation. I get that you will reach to hate on anything ASU, but I don't see the issue with ASU, (and ASU football in particular) embracing Pat Tillman. You can bet your ass the Tillman family would not be assisting in everything if the school was just trying to make money off Tillman.

ASU has the second largest student veteran enrollment in the country (behind only Texas A&M). As a combat veteran myself, I will always be grateful for the treatment, amenities, and guidance provided me while a student veteran at ASU. They do a great job with their veterans, and much of that is done with the assistance and guidance of the Tillman foundation. I can provide stories of veterans I know who have been personally touched by CTG and his staff (with absolutely no media involvement) that speaks to the genuine respect and admiration of military service by CTG and his staff, but I doubt it would do much to deter you from your diatribe.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Personally I think it's cool they are all wearing his name on their backs.