Pac-12 Bowl Games

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Pac-12 Bowl Games

Post by azgreg »

The Pac is favored in 9 bowls with Whoregon/TCU a pick'em.
azcat49

Re: Pac-12 Bowl Games

Post by azcat49 »

Saw some analyst actually said the PAC was the toughest conference top to bottom this year. He said the BIG 10 was the best at the top.

Guess we will see with the bowl results if that pans out to be true. Starts with us
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

the last vegas bowl could get nasty
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Primer I wrote for another site:

Ten qualifiers:

Rose: Stanford vs Iowa - Very glad Iowa received the nod from the Big Ten and not what would be a very unappreciative Ohio State team. Hawkeye fans will make the most of their first Rose Bowl in over two decades.

Alamo: Oregon vs TCU - My favorite bowl matchup, along with UNC vs Baylor, due to the entertaining offenses. Hoping TCU's QB and WR are full speed and rooting for a game that plays more like a video game like the high scoring Washington vs Baylor Alamo match of several years ago.

Holiday: SC vs Wisconsin - A matchup that feels like a Rose Bowl, and considering that through the past ten years SC have had their share of bids (3 or 4 trips each) this makes up for missing each other in Pasadena.

Vegas: Utah vs BYU - Was hoping for WSU to get the Vegas bid instead and Utah to take the Holiday Bowl, since both Utah and SC are returning to the same venues as last year.

Sun: Washington State vs Miami - Cougars fans have to be thrilled with Mike Leach's fourth season. Things are humming along, setting up for a long stretch of bowls. Now, if finding flights to El Paso were easier.

Farms: UCLA vs Nebraska - UCLA has to be disappointed. This is a bummer bowl for them against an opponent that in the past few years they've already beaten like a rigged slot machine.

Armed Forces: California vs Air Force - Remember when these two faced off in the same bowl in 2007? Cal had been ranked as high as #2 that season and had fallen far. This time around things are looking up with the Sonny Dykes rebuilding taking a tangible step forward with Cal's first post-Tedford bowl.

Heart of Dallas: Washington vs So Miss - I was dead wrong about Washington being a 2 - 3 win team this year. Petersen did an outstanding job rallying a young defense that going into the year had lost all of its leaders.

Cactus: Arizona State vs West Virginia - With Holgorsen's job in question (AD mulling over letting him go once his staff's buyout drops after Jan 1) I have no doubt that he'll put a very motivated product onto the field against ASU. We'll see.

New Mexico: Arizona vs New Mexico - Arizona football learns the hard way again - you lose to your rival you go freeze in the pre-Christmas New Mexico Bowl (see 2012). This time around their opponent will have full crowd support and very much value returning to the bowl season after a long draught.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson