Bowl games discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Bowl games discussion thread

Post by azcat49 »

So Bama, Clemson, Penn St, Oklahoma, Washington Western Michigan and 2 at large picks, probably Ohio St and Michigan.

I would be good with that. I would just like to get the first and second round done before Christmas and then have the final the day after the New Years bowls
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:I'd say one or two teams complaining about being left out is far better than five or six.

Eight team playoff is ideal.
Yep, 8 teams. 5 P5 champs, top ranked G5 team, and 2 at large.
I don't like the G5 mandate. I'm all for G5 teams, but some years they do not deserve to be in 8 team playoff. I'm pretty merit oroiented about the last 3.
You can include a provision where if one of the champs isn't in the top 16 they can take 4 at large teams and leave them out.
I was talking G5, not P5. I would rather leave it fluid for the midmajors with them earning at at large, bc there are some years a G5 school is good enough and some years they aren't.

I wouldn't mind your idea with P5 schools, though. I think you strive for the best, and while conference champs are usually there in P5, no harm in cutting them when they are not.
My bad, didn't read your post closely enough. I'm flexible on the G5 mandate. Really I'm just being selfish in that if somehow Arizona sneaks back into the PAC-12 championship and wins, I don't want them getting left out because Oregon or Stanford or Washington was a powerhouse.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I totally support G5 teams getting a chance, I just don't think it should be mandatory. In 14-15, the Boise team that beat us was the best G5 team and they were 11-2 entering bowls and barely top 15. That's the sort of year no G5 team should make it.