Coach Rod

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: Coach Rod

Post by chiefzona »

I hope he gets signed through 2030 with a 20 mil buyout!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Mus really be hard for you to have to ignore all the metrics and stats and for you to be so close to being right to now looking like such a hater.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

chiefzona wrote:I hope he gets signed through 2030 with a 20 mil buyout!
Haha, tough October for you we know. As long as he has a Tate level QB he should be good to go and win more than he loses. At some point he will bolt because that is who he is
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azcat49 wrote:
Haha, tough October for you we know. As long as he has a Tate level QB he should be good to go and win more than he loses. At some point he will bolt because that is who he is
Is that the goal for our program? To just win more than we lose?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Oh come on Chief, no you don't. lol
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
Is that the goal for our program? To just win more than we lose?

When you're coming off a 3-9 season, that is exactly the first thing you think about, just winning. After that you can start with conference wins and beating ASU. The past is done hater. We all know it wasn't good in many ways. We can't do a thing about it and RR is still the coach. From all appearances he is turning the program around. We don't know what's down the road and we'll know when we get there. A new coach won't change that a bit.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

*looks at recruiting rankings for 2018* *laughs heartily that the entire program is being turned around*

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

ASUHATER! wrote:*looks at recruiting rankings for 2018* *laughs heartily that the entire program is being turned around*
6-2 with Tate? Going into SC with a prayer?

I'm fucking ecstatic about this team now. If your not, I don't know what to tell you...maybe go get a dog to cheer you up.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

FYI: Hater spun the metric board and "recruiting" came up today.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

wyo-cat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:*looks at recruiting rankings for 2018* *laughs heartily that the entire program is being turned around*

I'm fucking ecstatic about this team now. If your not, I don't know what to tell you...maybe go get a dog to cheer you up.
I am absolutely ecstatic about the team right now this season. I've said that no less than 38 times since Saturday. I'm not ecstatic about the future of the program under RR. This is insanely simple to understand.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol. So much chippy in this thread today.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:

No way. RR and Rita are very loyal to Tucson and the Cats. She wants the nacho dip to stay in Tucson. Her kids too.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:

I am absolutely ecstatic about the team right now this season. I've said that no less than 38 times since Saturday. I'm not ecstatic about the future of the program under RR. This is insanely simple to understand.
Do you even watch the games bro?

Do you not see all the young players contributing? Do you not see all the freshmen and sophomores that are playing?

Arizona will be improved next year. The issue is that a lot of other PAC-12 teams will be also.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:

Do you even watch the games bro?

Do you not see all the young players contributing? Do you not see all the freshmen and sophomores that are playing?

Arizona will be improved next year. The issue is that a lot of other PAC-12 teams will be also.
I'll make a prediction now.... Arizona is 12-0 next year and plays Georgia for the Natty and loses by a bad snap FG attempt. I can't wait!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Lol. So much chippy in this thread today.
Seriously. Wyo and machina need to take a chill pill.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAEebs86 wrote:On Jim Rome in 15 minutes (approx 11:20 Arizona time):

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/cbs-sports-radio" target="_blank

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

You have no idea what they are going to do.

Look at those loaded classes at UCLA. Some coaches fail with 5*, some coaches find fits for systems at 2 and 3*. You can laugh heartily, but you also would have said this season would be a disaster, and you were flat out wrong. I mean, and I include myself here though I said we'd be a 6-6 team this year, but you couldn't have been more wrong about this season if you tried.

So why the fuck would anyone care about your hearty laugh? I mean, if we want the same things, we watch the process and see if he keeps winning. If not, he is gone.

You are fast becoming a perfect example of my Message Board Theory. It is, sadly, mostly in play in presidential politics, but the theory comes from message boards. Without typing the whole thing out again, it is in internet/message board world, you get people who like to pop off with edgelord posts to cover personal deficiencies. They develop reputations for constantly being the negative one, but they are just "being real". All it takes is every 5th post saying "hey...I want us to win too." But no one knows if it is real, they are just that miserable, or they just like to be contrarian because life didn't work out like they thought, that they would take sport to such a dark place (these people also use the word "sheeple" a lot and claim to know the real deal about a lot of things, yet can't seem to get a foothold in life, but lash out at others as being "crazy" and "way too into this, dude" or overboard when challenged). Then, one day, on a message board, they go all in on something they think is surefire. And they are wrong. Could be a little wrong, could be this season wrong. And their fandom for the team goes out the window...they are more interested in being right than winning. They find themselves watching the game, cheering for failure to back a position on a stupid (relatively) message board. As the facts come in, they dig in more and more...and if things keep going against them, they disappear, unless they are bold enough to play Chiefzona's or RiseFire's role of "I don't care what happens, I will keep saying the same thing over and over and over again." Those types are almost always people who were a fan but had something personal happen to them related to the program...it is rare a Message Board Theory type could make it all the way there. But nothing's impossible.

It's more about being right than winning. You know when (that) you've crossed that line.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

EVCat wrote:

Look at those loaded classes at UCLA. Some coaches fail with 5*, some coaches find fits for systems at 2 and 3*. You can laugh heartily, but you also would have said this season would be a disaster, and you were flat out wrong. I mean, and I include myself here though I said we'd be a 6-6 team this year, but you couldn't have been more wrong about this season if you tried.

So why the fuck would anyone care about your hearty laugh? I mean, if we want the same things, we watch the process and see if he keeps winning. If not, he is gone.

You are fast becoming a perfect example of my Message Board Theory. It is, sadly, mostly in play in presidential politics, but the theory comes from message boards. Without typing the whole thing out again, it is in internet/message board world, you get people who like to pop off with edgelord posts to cover personal deficiencies. They develop reputations for constantly being the negative one, but they are just "being real". All it takes is every 5th post saying "hey...I want us to win too." But no one knows if it is real, they are just that miserable, or they just like to be contrarian because life didn't work out like they thought (these people also use the word "sheeple" a lot and claim to know the real deal about a lot of things, yet can't seem to get a foothold in life, but lash out at others as being "crazy" and "way too into this, dude" or overboard when challenged). Then, one day, on a message board, they go all in on something they think is surefire. And they are wrong. Could be a little wrong, could be this season wrong. And their fandom for the team goes out the window...they are more interested in being right than winning. They find themselves watching the game, cheering for failure to back a position on a stupid (relatively) message board. As the facts come in, they dig in more and more...and if things keep going against them, they disappear, unless they are bold enough to play Chiefzona's or RiseFire's role of "I don't care what happens, I will keep saying the same thing over and over and over again." Those types are almost always people who were a fan but had something personal happen to them related to the program...it is rare a Message Board Theory type could make it all the way there. But nothing's impossible.

It's more about being right than winning. You know when (that) you've crossed that line.
seems like you are the one who has thought about all of this way too much...
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

You just proved his point. :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

And the would be game....set.....match
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

catgrad97 wrote:You just proved his point. :lol:
That's a no. It's ridiculous people need to analyze things this way. Rich Rod is largely a disappointment as a coach. So is Arizona fb as a whole. I feel great about this season vs a month ago. That's as complicated as it needs to be. We all support this team one way or another.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Oh great, dumb shit has spilled into this thread as well.
jimson

Post by jimson »

EVCat wrote:

You are fast becoming a perfect example of my Message Board Theory. It is, sadly, mostly in play in presidential politics, but the theory comes from message boards. Without typing the whole thing out again, it is in internet/message board world, you get people who like to pop off with edgelord posts to cover personal deficiencies. They develop reputations for constantly being the negative one, but they are just "being real". All it takes is every 5th post saying "hey...I want us to win too." But no one knows if it is real, they are just that miserable, or they just like to be contrarian because life didn't work out like they thought, that they would take sport to such a dark place (these people also use the word "sheeple" a lot and claim to know the real deal about a lot of things, yet can't seem to get a foothold in life, but lash out at others as being "crazy" and "way too into this, dude" or overboard when challenged). Then, one day, on a message board, they go all in on something they think is surefire. And they are wrong. Could be a little wrong, could be this season wrong. And their fandom for the team goes out the window...they are more interested in being right than winning. They find themselves watching the game, cheering for failure to back a position on a stupid (relatively) message board. As the facts come in, they dig in more and more...and if things keep going against them, they disappear, unless they are bold enough to play Chiefzona's or RiseFire's role of "I don't care what happens, I will keep saying the same thing over and over and over again." Those types are almost always people who were a fan but had something personal happen to them related to the program...it is rare a Message Board Theory type could make it all the way there. But nothing's impossible.

Great post!!
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

This is why I have hater and scum on ignore.....makes the board more pleasant to read....unless people quote them and rise to their bait tactics.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
That's a no. It's ridiculous people need to analyze things this way. Rich Rod is largely a disappointment as a coach. So is Arizona fb as a whole. I feel great about this season vs a month ago. That's as complicated as it needs to be. We all support this team one way or another.
Nobody's buying your daily affirmation at this point. It is denial no different than what you and bro showed a decade ago that p*ssed everyone off.

How are you "reformed" from your GOAZCATS days again? Because that epiphany was the last time either of you publicly admitted you were wrong.

It's ok, it feels good. Try it sometime.

Or don't, I don't care. I'm just a disinterested observer who has reached his daily maximum of stupid reading The New Conservatwins' responses in this thread.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

When I see ASUHater our SD86 in a game thread I can seriously see them in my mind's eye secretly, quietly rooting for the team to lose so that they can feel validated. When they think the game is starting to go their way(cats start to struggle) they chime in with some defeatist post like, "no way Arizona loses by less than 10" so that they can revel in the victory of their wise and prophetic posts if the cats lose.

Their bitterness is so deep and obvious.

I really feel sad for them both because I believe they are so miserable that they can only find happiness and joy in the failure and sadness of others.

This is an amazing season. I am enjoying these games and this incredible player(the likes of which I've never witnessed). I cheer and get excited. I'm excited to check the news and these boards daily with an enthusiasm I haven't felt for this football team since the Desert Swarm days. And I feel like they are, sadly, missing it and almost have a bitterness and anger that everyone else is happy and enjoying it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HOLY SMOKES a Phylek siting!

Welcome back, to the one of the best humans ever put on this earth!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Phylek wrote:When I see ASUHater our SD86 in a game thread I can seriously see them in my mind's eye secretly, quietly rooting for the team to lose so that they can feel validated. When they think the game is starting to go their way(cats start to struggle) they chime in with some defeatist post like, "no way Arizona loses by less than 10" so that they can revel in the victory of their wise and prophetic posts if the cats lose.

I really feel sad for them both because I believe they are so miserable that they can only find happiness and joy in the failure and sadness of others.

This is an amazing season. I am enjoying these games and this incredible player(the likes of which I've never witnessed). I cheer and get excited. I'm excited to check the news and these boards daily with an enthusiasm I haven't felt for this football team since the Desert Swarm days. And I feel like they are, sadly, missing it and almost have a bitterness and anger that everyone else is happy and enjoying it.
Nothing about this post could be more wrong or dumb. But if it makes you feel better, have at it.

Phylek

Post by Phylek »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Phylek wrote:When I see ASUHater our SD86 in a game thread I can seriously see them in my mind's eye secretly, quietly rooting for the team to lose so that they can feel validated. When they think the game is starting to go their way(cats start to struggle) they chime in with some defeatist post like, "no way Arizona loses by less than 10" so that they can revel in the victory of their wise and prophetic posts if the cats lose.

Nothing about this post could be more wrong or dumb. But if it makes you feel better, have at it.
I don't believe it is fair to assume that I could not have been more wrong and dumb. There is no limit to how dumb I can be.

With that being said, I truly hope I am wrong. I wouldn't wish bitterness and sadness on anyone, stranger or not. I guess, at the very least, you could consider it useful information that some may be interpreting your posts and online behavior differently than you may intend, causing a disconnect from your intended message, or causing people to approach your message with a bias.

I really do hope you are enjoying this season. It is a truly special one. It would be a shame to miss it.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

EVCat wrote:

Excellent, excellent post. You are the winning edgelord today. :lol:
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Phylek wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I don't believe it is fair to assume that I could not have been more wrong and dumb. There is no limit to how dumb I can be.

With that being said, I truly hope I am wrong. I wouldn't wish bitterness and sadness on anyone, stranger or not. I guess, at the very least, you could consider it useful information that some may be interpreting your posts and online behavior differently than you may intend, causing a disconnect from your intended message, or causing people to approach your message with a bias.

I really do hope you are enjoying this season. It is a truly special one. It would be a shame to miss it.
Boom. Enjoy it, well said!
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
This is why I have hater and scum on ignore.....makes the board more pleasant to read....unless people quote them and rise to their bait tactics.
I would never put hater or chief on ignore. I find them incredibly entertaining. They are two of the big reasons I keep coming back. Fifteen people take one of his posts apart and he doubles down on it and calls them the ridiculous ones. Then Arizona wins another game and he seems to get angrier. God help us all if we lose this week. He'll be strutting his stuff like a peacock.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

No way. RR and Rita are very loyal to Tucson and the Cats. She wants the nacho dip to stay in Tucson. Her kids too.
I thought you wanted him to leave chief. LOL
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

ASUHATER! wrote:

Yeah, it's time to exchange you for legallykenny as the only poster I have blocked.

Seriously, talk about wrong, dumb, and just adding nothing to the board. You should pretend to Phylek's perceptions.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

You can go fuck yourself (esp you phylek, and I always enjoyed your posts) if you think I've ever rooted for Arizona to lose a game. I'm an incredibly happy person with an awesome life and wife and job and l love being obsessed with the cats on an unhealthy level. Period.
Last edited by scumdevils86 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
I would never put hater or chief on ignore. I find them incredibly entertaining. They are two of the big reasons I keep coming back. Fifteen people take one of his posts apart and he doubles down on it and calls them the ridiculous ones. Then Arizona wins another game and he seems to get angrier. God help us all if we lose this week. He'll be strutting his stuff like a peacock.
Your threshold for pain must be higher than mine then....I find hater and scumdevil to so negative and / or willing to go into personal attack mode quite easily......life’s to short to annoyed by keyboard warriors....

I’d prefer positive discourse amongst true Wildcat fans vs a lot of the crap they spew.....but to each their own and it’s a ‘free country’.....well, mine is relatively free these days with an ex-General who led the last coup here now our PM (no election needed, lol).....BTFD.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I know there’s plenty of USC game left, and Arizona could win it still. Bur, can RR coach success? Seems that RR can coach under dogs but gets tight when the spotlight is focus on them.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I think that RichRod gets the yips more than his players do. That short kickoff with over 2 minutes left and a NFL level QB was going to be disastrous if it wasn't for USC's self destruction.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

OSUCat wrote:I know there’s plenty of USC game left, and Arizona could win it still. Bur, can RR coach success? Seems that RR can coach under dogs but gets tight when the spotlight is focus on them.
See the PAC 12 title game and fiesta bowl, 3 of the ASU games, this game and on and on. Which is why despite our nice run I have 0 confidence in him being our coach long term.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

He sucks.

But he signed Tate so let's give him an extension !!!
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Merkin wrote:I think that RichRod gets the yips more than his players do. That short kickoff with over 2 minutes left and a NFL level QB was going to be disastrous if it wasn't for USC's self destruction.
Correct. RR would be a good mid major coach.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:I think that RichRod gets the yips more than his players do. That short kickoff with over 2 minutes left and a NFL level QB was going to be disastrous if it wasn't for USC's self destruction.
indeed he does
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
indeed he does
No shame in tonight's loss on the road... and a good job keeping it close because it felt like we were being picked apart.

That said, RR really needs to calm the fuck down on the sidelines. People bitched about Stoops but Rich Rod makes just as big an idiot of himself.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Harvey Specter wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
indeed he does
No shame in tonight's loss on the road... and a good job keeping it close because it felt like we were being picked apart.

That said, RR really needs to calm the fuck down on the sidelines. People bitched about Stoops but Rich Rod makes just as big an idiot of himself.
I don't agree with you a whole lot Harvey, but you're spot on this one. I mean a coach should have fire, but at the right times, not all the time.

That said I'm pleased we didn't get just completely blown out this game. Tate is ridiculous at raising everyone's energy around him.
Rick Kane

Post by Rick Kane »

Rich Rod is just passionate and should probably calm down a bit but both him and Miller are just much more passionate people then say coaches like Lute and Tomey.

Sitting close to Arizona's sidelines tonight, its amazing how much this team rallys around Tate. After every score he is going to high five the defense and pump them up. We had no business hanging with USC last night. Being close to the field their players looked much bigger and stronger then us. But we fought hard and I give credit to Tate and Rich Rod.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hansen:

http://tucson.com/sports/greghansen/gre ... c7d47.html" target="_blank

Rich Rodriguez wasn’t happy – who would be? – after arriving in Tucson after 3 a.m. Sunday morning, returning from Los Angeles. It’s a disruptive issue for all Pac-12 football coaches that could be compared to Sean Miller interviewing for the Maryland job six years ago. Miller was unhappy that Arizona’s return flights from trips to Washington and Oregon consumed most of a Sunday. Do you think it could trigger RichRod to take a look at a possible coaching opening at Arkansas, or anywhere, next month? The Razorbacks this season have started two games at 11 a.m., and others in the afternoon at 1:30, 2:30, two games at 3, and others at 6:15 and 6:30. RichRod knows the Pac-12’s late games aren’t going to change.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol...he gonna bolt.

You watch.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

if we win 9-10 games this year I could see him leaving for sure.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

As long as he doesn't take Tate with him.