RondaeShimmy

Re: Coach Rod

Post by RondaeShimmy »

btfd16 wrote:That was it for me. I’m in. Fire him. #LaneTrain
Might as well
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ASUHATER! wrote:I had edged off the fire him train and was willing to give him next season...just cut bait and let him go. We need to start over asap
Wow, for the first time ever, I agree with Hater ;-). I was over Rich Rid when he tried to leave us so early for South Carolina. Tell me that recruits didn’t see that and that it didn’t affect recruiting.

Worst week in UA Sports in a long time (FBI BS aside) that I can recall. Woke my ass up at 4:30am to see this poorly coached POS game!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

ChooChooCat wrote: Yep.
Give in to the hate Heeke. Give in to the hate.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

AZCatGirl wrote:
:lol:

Come to the dark side Dave!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Did you see Tate's throw when he did play in 3rd?
His left arms was literally straight down.
It was a coaches decision not to play a guy with one functioning arm.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

SCCats wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:

Come to the dark side Dave!
Do the right thing Dave, shit can his ass
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

let's see if he has balls to do it
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Hahahaha. You guys are hilarious. Late to the party though.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

RondaeShimmy wrote:let's see if he has balls to do it
If balls are a euphemism for dollars, and they usually are, you are asking the spot on question.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I am still shocked on the reason why we lost this game. I feel like every time I run the end of the 1st half through my mind, it will eventually make sense. It hasn’t and never will.

You had a chance to go up by 17 before half on your rival and get the 2nd half kickoff. Bill Belicheck you are not... Let alone the other 251 college coaches who would have been licking their chops in that same situation.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

RondaeShimmy wrote:
btfd16 wrote:That was it for me. I’m in. Fire him. #LaneTrain
Might as well
Would bring some excitement and has thousands of co ed’s to choose from
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Everyone is talking about the final possession of the 1st half, but don't forget the possession before that one too.

The last 2 possessions of the first half were a complete and utter joke of horrible play calling and decision making that resulted in our only hope at winning (Tate) being in for a fucking hail mary on which he got hurt.

We had 2 possessions to do something and RR just completely fucking turtled it, on the road, in a rivalry game, when we were up 10 fucking points. Then the horrible clock management and the dumbass decision that a hail mary was our best option to end the half so might as well play for that, which gets your stud qb hurt.

Fuck You RR.

But, see ya next year coach. RR isn't going anywhere unless we got a phil knight out there somewhere willing to pay that buyout.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Merkin wrote:
CatMG wrote:RR should have been fired at the half considering he essential lost the game in the final 2 minutes of the first half.
And got Tate injured in the process. What a cluster fuck end of the first half, not even trying to get in field goal range.

Then brings in Dawkins as a "coaching decision", after Tate was 10/11 passing, the only miss the hail mary end of half

Quit playing not to lose. I fucking hate it.
These two posts are so spot on CatMG and Merkin. Agree completely!

Edit. POm is right about that second to last possession of the half...I was shouting at the tv on that one.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

am i completely off base thinking Kevin Sumlin?
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

Looks like once teams figured out Tate, it got hairy for RR. Finish losing 3 of last 4; only win being Oregon State.

I think the AD has much to think about.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

btfd16 wrote:am i completely off base thinking Kevin Sumlin?
Sure he has to put up with Alabama, LSU and Auburn yearly, but he hasn't win more than 8 games with unlimited sec money in years
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

You all can rage like spoil brat all the hell you want. But Did Arizona manage to get a losing record this year by any mean.

I say fuck every last one of you. RR and Arizona manage to turn this season around after a 3-9 record in 16. I don't care if I get banned completely at this point. Were 7-5 this year. Were going bowling with a chance to catch 8 wins. I don't care what bowl game we get put in. Finish this year strong is all I care about.

Surely we were up by 10 at the end of the half, RR and staff took a gamble on getting a score at the end and it kind of cost our star QB to get hurt and basically lose the game on that moment not because of it. Special Team blew it in first series that led ASU TD, Dawkins INT in the second series got ASU another TD, Defense couldn't make plays that ASU yet another TD. Luckily we didn't blasted like we did in 2013 and 2015 match up in tempe. we lost by 12. Could of been a lot worst. Punt Return for TD that got call back was BS. I don't care if you hate him or blame him or want him gone. It suck to lose to them but we got next season.

Future does look bright for Arizona and RR will still be the coach at Arizona if you like it or not. Let this get this bowl win and end the year on positive note.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Sure he has to put up with Alabama, LSU and Auburn yearly, but he hasn't win more than 8 games with unlimited sec money in years
at least he can recruit better than what we’re used to.. but I get your point. grew up in Dallas and A&M was terrible before he got there
3rdand25

Post by 3rdand25 »

cordera89 wrote:You all can rage like spoil brat all the hell you want. But Did Arizona manage to get a losing record this year by any mean.

I say fuck every last one of you. RR and Arizona manage to turn this season around after a 3-9 record in 16. I don't care if I get banned completely at this point. Were 7-5 this year. Were going bowling with a chance to catch 8 wins. I don't care what bowl game we get put in. Finish this year strong is all I care about.

Surely we were up by 10 at the end of the half, RR and staff took a gamble on getting a score at the end and it kind of cost our star QB to get hurt and basically lose the game on that moment not because of it. Special Team blew it in first series that led ASU TD, Dawkins INT in the second series got ASU another TD, Defense couldn't make plays that ASU yet another TD. Luckily we didn't blasted like we did in 2013 and 2015 match up in tempe. we lost by 12. Could of been a lot worst. Punt Return for TD that got call back was BS. I don't care if you hate him or blame him or want him gone. It suck to lose to them but we got next season.

Future does look bright for Arizona and RR will still be the coach at Arizona if you like it or not. Let this get this bowl win and end the year on positive note.
The legendary Cordera has spoken- let there be silence.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

ASUHATER! wrote:
winning does not matter, it's all about swag

/s
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

what percent would y’all say he actually gets fired? I say 30% because of the buy out
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

btfd16 wrote:what percent would y’all say he actually gets fired? I say 30% because of the buy out
I would need to know what the mitigation of damages clause says before I could guess at a percentage.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sumlin wouldn’t take the job unfortunately.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

btfd16 wrote:what percent would y’all say he actually gets fired? I say 30% because of the buy out
zero
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Make Lane Kiffin an offer.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

cordera89 wrote:You all can rage like spoil brat all the hell you want. But Did Arizona manage to get a losing record this year by any mean.

God. Bless. America.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

azgreg wrote:
zero
.01%, which gives us all hope.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

the worst part is, apparently Magee and Coach got into it and Magee wanted what we all thought should happen at the end of each half
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

ChooChooCat wrote:Make Lane Kiffin an offer.
ALL ABOARD
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Let's just say 128 other Div I football head coaches would have done it differently.

TatetheGreat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
zero
.01%, which gives us all hope.

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Real good post. And you were right. Almost everybody on this board, including me predicted a worse season than we ended up with, but you kept the faith. More power to you brother.

This season I saw a bunch of young fire breathing freshmen who competed their asses off. I think we'll be better next year.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azgreg wrote:
That's a good trump impression RR
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Wellp I lived to see someone calling a cordera post "real good". Hell truly has frozen over in 2017. We can all die in peace now.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

After the showing Tate had this season, I was resigned to the idea of him coaching next season. But the way these last two games have been lost have left a real bitter taste in my mouth. I wish we could have fired him back when UW beat the crap out of us in 2015.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

azgreg wrote:
That would explain the conservative play calling. However, that wouldn’t explain the risk of a hail mary or even having him in at the end of the half if he can’t perform. If he basically is taking a knee anyway, he might as well not be in the game, especially because he was playing injured. RR should have pulled him then.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

azgreg wrote:
Wait, he was injured before the hail marry and thought a hail marry was a good idea?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

carcassdragger wrote:

Real good post. And you were right. Almost everybody on this board, including me predicted a worse season than we ended up with, but you kept the faith. More power to you brother.

This season I saw a bunch of young fire breathing freshmen who competed their asses off. I think we'll be better next year.
The delusion is strong

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

you can be happy with our shit finish to end the season, but keep your posts civil or leave
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

OSUCat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Wait, he was injured before the hail marry and thought a hail marry was a good idea?
yeah I don't understand how RR thinks that makes him look better for his dumbass decision and play calling to end the half

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Receivers need time to get downfield for a Hail Mary. Leaving Tate back there to get injured even more was a terrible idea.

No excuse for it. If he was injured before that, take him out and put Dawkins in.

That was a brutal hit Tate took.
cpt

Post by cpt »

Rich Rod isn’t going to be fired and doesn’t deserve to be. Watch next year we are going to be really good.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

cpt wrote:Rich Rod isn’t going to be fired and doesn’t deserve to be. Watch next year we are going to be really good.
Based on....?

Stockholm syndrome

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

3 frosh defensive players are the bright spot.

But the OL is gone, Nick Wilson is gone, along with Zach Green, Poindexter and Tyrell Johnson, and saw a blurb tonight saying Dawkins may leave too. I really don't follow football recruiting, but there might be a few surprises like the 3 true frosh, but that was just really lucky.

Tate is now injury prone, and JJ Taylor being listed at 5'6" is not an every down back.

If next year the Cats go 7-5 again then that will again exceed my expectations.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I think the basketball program's issues along with RR's $6 million buyout all but guarantees Rich Rod another year fwiw. He needs to repair his fucking relationship with Tate in the offseason, that's all I gotta say. Book Richardson costing us recruits, basketball games, and getting a new football coach, gotta love it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:
This asshole makes a point. Or I think he does anyway.
jimson

Post by jimson »

cpt wrote: Watch next year we are going to be really good.
No we won't. There is going to be some huge deficiency that will cost us key games because RR can't put a complete team together.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:
azgreg wrote:
This asshole makes a point. Or I think he does anyway.

Nice Merkin.