Bruins/Devils Thursday night edition

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NYCat

Re: Bruins/Devils Thursday night edition

Post by NYCat »

Last edited by NYCat on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I ask, NYCat delivers. Thank you sir!
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

UCLA chant!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

UCLA chants echoing in SDS
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I wonder how far ucla drops
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I swipe left on ASU
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Watched the game at ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney. Sat next to Jake Johnson (New Girl, 21 Jump Street). Dude was all in on ASU. Must have had some cash riding on it. He was talking some smack early, but was really quiet in the 2nd half...lol.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

2nd most points Asu has allowed since 1948
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Not sure I can remember a game in which the results did not match up with the stats, more than this game. ASU had over 600 yards of offense, controlled the ball almost 10 minutes longer than UCLA, and was over 50% on 3rd downs.... and lost by 35 points. Turnovers would have cost them the game anyway, but that atrocious defense and special teams are perhaps even bigger contributers to the blowout.

The media is all up on UCLA's jock right now, but I would caution that this game was more a reflection of abysmal defense and special team's by ASU than a great UCLA squad.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Not sure I can remember a game in which the results did not match up with the stats, more than this game. ASU had over 600 yards of offense, controlled the ball almost 10 minutes longer than UCLA, and was over 50% on 3rd downs.... and lost by 35 points. Turnovers would have cost them the game anyway, but that atrocious defense and special teams are perhaps even bigger contributers to the blowout.

The media is all up on UCLA's jock right now, but I would caution that this game was more a reflection of abysmal defense and special team's by ASU than a great UCLA squad.
Completely agree. How in the world can a team lose 9 starters on defense and still be considered a top 20 team? Never made any sense to me. I think this may be a very long year for coach wristbands and team.

Go Cats!!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

FUCLA just scored again.
waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Not sure I can remember a game in which the results did not match up with the stats, more than this game. ASU had over 600 yards of offense, controlled the ball almost 10 minutes longer than UCLA, and was over 50% on 3rd downs.... and lost by 35 points. Turnovers would have cost them the game anyway, but that atrocious defense and special teams are perhaps even bigger contributers to the blowout.

Spin it any way you like scummy, you guys still got pounded like Courtney Simpson on national TV tonight.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

If this ASU team is Coach Grams best team he has ever coached, things look pretty bad for the future or he has fully transformed into an ASU coach and the low expectations that come from such a position.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

OSUCat wrote:If this ASU team is Coach Grams best team he has ever coached, things look pretty bad for the future or he has fully transformed into an ASU coach and the low expectations that come from such a position.
It's amazing he didn't get a contract extension this morning.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Catstatic wrote:

Completely agree. How in the world can a team lose 9 starters on defense and still be considered a top 20 team? Never made any sense to me. I think this may be a very long year for coach wristbands and team.

Go Cats!!
ASU was ranked based on last years results, not on this years squad. They are an example of the weakness of early season or preseason rankings. I think I read they played 4 or 5 true freshman on defense last night. No team with that many true freshman playing on one side of the ball should be ranked.
Scummy Dick Douglas

waysouthcat wrote:

Spin it any way you like scummy, you guys still got pounded like Courtney Simpson on national TV tonight.
haha, you must be one of the morons that still thinks I am an ASU fan. I basically say UCLA is not that good, and ASU is really bad, and you decipher I am an ASU homer. Whatever floats your boat..
jimson

Post by jimson »

devilswin99 wrote:I am off and leaving for the game, but I want to thank all of you who are rooting on the Devils to victory. Through adversity comes strength and with the Honorable Coach Todd Graham leading us, we can only see victory ahead. Go Devils and I will be back tomorrow!!!!
So where are you?
Disambiguator

Post by Disambiguator »

jimson wrote:
devilswin99 wrote:I am off and leaving for the game, but I want to thank all of you who are rooting on the Devils to victory. Through adversity comes strength and with the Honorable Coach Todd Graham leading us, we can only see victory ahead. Go Devils and I will be back tomorrow!!!!
So where are you?
He's waiting patiently for Bruin to finish his business and get out if his ass. 99 is well conditioned - when a big game comes along, he gets down on all fours and preps anus.
devilswin99

Post by devilswin99 »

Disambiguator wrote:
jimson wrote:
So where are you?
He's waiting patiently for Bruin to finish his business and get out if his ass. 99 is well conditioned - when a big game comes along, he gets down on all fours and preps anus.
That is quite disturbing........
it's a great time to be a pothead - Chicat
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

devilswin99 wrote:
Disambiguator wrote:
jimson wrote:
So where are you?
That is quite disturbing........
Not as disturbing as Graham Cracker's defense.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Did anyone get a capture of the yards per play shown on the last drive by UCLA?

UCLA had 10.9 yards per play.

People really need to give our D a break - we saw how bad it can be last night.