Good Season Guys

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Good Season Guys

Post by UAdevil »

Regardless of this depressing outcome, it's been a hell of a season...top 5 season in school history maybe? Anyway, I know we're all frustrated. Some may be angry, depressed, or just numb. I feel ya. But let's not melt down and look like phog.net please.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
pokinmik

Re: Good Season Guys

Post by pokinmik »

It was a great run. It's not simply about the outcome, it was fun following this team all year.

We should've disrupted them more on the perimeter but sometimes you're just fucked if the other team is making fadeaway and pump fake threes at 90%. This sucks big time though.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

how can you beat 10 for 12 from 3?? And a lot of those shots were unconscious luck buckets as the shot clock expired. Unreal. Whisky makes 50 percent from the 3 and they lose. And 50 is awesome. Just one of those things.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Heartbreaking. But Wisconsin played a near perfect game. Could we have played a bit better? Sure. But when a team gets that hot from the field there's not much you can do. Honestly if they play like this against Kentucky they might have a chance.

Im going to miss TJ and feel for that kid. He's a warrior.

Likely going to lose Rondae, Kaleb, Ashley, and Stanley. Rondae was one of my favorites. Glad he came back for another season. We could've used Nick Johnson.

Anyway Bear Down Arizona nation. All in all it's a good season with another heartbreaking end. I want a Final Four.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAdevil wrote:Regardless of this depressing outcome, it's been a hell of a season...top 5 season in school history maybe? Anyway, I know we're all frustrated. Some may be angry, depressed, or just numb. I feel ya. But let's not melt down and look like phog.net please.
We have too many final four seasons, and then a bunch of elite eight seasons, for this to be in our top 5 to me.

Was good year though, undoubtedly.

Really gonna miss a lot of the guys who won't be here next year.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The Butcher wrote:how can you beat 10 for 12 from 3?? And a lot of those shots were unconscious luck buckets as the shot clock expired. Unreal. Whisky makes 50 percent from the 3 and they lose. And 50 is awesome. Just one of those things.
Wisconsin would've beaten Kentucky with that half no problem. Nothing to do.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
UAdevil wrote:Regardless of this depressing outcome, it's been a hell of a season...top 5 season in school history maybe? Anyway, I know we're all frustrated. Some may be angry, depressed, or just numb. I feel ya. But let's not melt down and look like phog.net please.
We have too many final four seasons, and then a bunch of elite eight seasons, for this to be in our top 5 to me.

Which season would you rate above this one?

Obviously the FFs and further seasons...so that''s 4. Only others I would consider on par or better than this year: '89, '05, '98, and maybe '03.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

proud of our guys. no shame in losing to wisconsin today - they are a great team and they really went after it in the second half.

i'm gonna miss this team, esp TJ. hope to see him coach with and perhaps succeed CSM at Arizona one day. thanks for the great season, everyone. looking forward to next year already.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They outscored us by 30 from 3 land. We were contesting those shots and Dekker was bringing rain on his shots.

Not much you can do. Great season and good luck to all the guys
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
billk78

Post by billk78 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
The Butcher wrote:how can you beat 10 for 12 from 3?? And a lot of those shots were unconscious luck buckets as the shot clock expired. Unreal. Whisky makes 50 percent from the 3 and they lose. And 50 is awesome. Just one of those things.
Wisconsin would've beaten Kentucky with that half no problem. Nothing to do.
Yes indeed. We played pretty well. I can't blame anyone. Maybe myself for just bringing bad luck.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Here's to 2017.
shimdic

Post by shimdic »

I wanted a FF for Miller. Each made three kept breaking my little wildcat heart. :(
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

34-4 isn't too shabby. second most wins in a season in Arizona Basketball history. add to that a Pac-12 season title, Pac-12 tourney trophy, and an Elite Eight? i'll take it.

Miller yesterday: "i've been in the elite eight five times... so, if it ends there, it sticks with you for sure. but for me, and for our team, and really our program at Arizona, you also can't forget that it's quite an accomplishment to be at this level. and i think there has to be some gratification, there has to be a good feeling as well. because if there isn't, you're working awfully hard for something that doesn't happen very frequently..."
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

UAdevil wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

Which season would you rate above this one?

Obviously the FFs and further seasons...so that''s 4. Only others I would consider on par or better than this year: '89, '05, '98, and maybe '03.
Well it's kind of a "how do you rate seasons" question. Statistically, it's very easy to say this season should be in the top 5, obviously. But, there is even at least one sweet 16 season I'd probably rank higher than this one. Expectations were high this season, combine that with losing a bus load of guys after the season, and it doesn't feel like a all-time top 5 season to me.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

cpt

Post by cpt »

Not top five for sure. Maybe top 10.

1. 1997
2. 1988
3. 2001
4. 1994
5. 1989
6. 1998
7. 2014
8. 2003
9. 2015
10. 2000.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Not sure how this year would be behind 2014 or a couple others. Won the conference tournament. Only seasons you can say are definitively better are 1997, 2001, 1994, 1988.

michcat

Post by michcat »

We did not lose this game - Wisconsin won it with a once in a lifetime display of shooting in the second half. They needed that good luck to only beat us by seven.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

ASUHATER! wrote:Not sure how this year would be behind 2014 or a couple others. Won the conference tournament. Only seasons you can say are definitively better are 1997, 2001, 1994, 1988.
Agree. This year was impressive other than no Final Four. Won Maui, P12 Regular Season and Tourney champs, undefeated at home again, a shitload of wins, fun group of guys. Did it all except for the Final Four.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yup. Somewhere between the 5th and 10th best season in school history.

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Tough loss to end a great season.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Bug, how's the recruiting going in Westwood? Just wondering. Ooops sorry guys,
maybe this q should be shifted to another forum :oops:
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Was a great season with a heart breaking ending. I really wish TJ and the guys could have gotten Miller to the final 4. I hope TJ rubbed off on Parker and he is ready to take the keys.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Yup. Somewhere between the 5th and 10th best season in school history.
And probably the best three year stretch ever for Arizona basketball and football, rivaling '96-'98.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

94-17 in basketball and 26-14 in football

SCCats

Post by SCCats »

It's basically a golden age for Arizona Athletics
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

I got it over the loss within a day. When a team shoots that many threes and they're all falling there is nothing we can do about it. Now a couple of them were bad defense, but the majority of them were contested looks. They just weren't missing. Sucks, but it's just how it works sometimes. 34-4 is nothing to be ashamed of.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:94-17 in basketball and 26-14 in football
Plus just a few seasons removed from a baseball natty.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

I really liked this team and am gonna miss the chemistry this group had. They looked like they really enjoyed each other's company and working together.

Coach Miller, what can you say? We are lucky to have him.

T.J. My favorite Cat. Guy gave everything and could do anything. Loved his passing and knocking down the shots when the other teams thought he wasnt a shooter. Sure hopes he gets a call to the league.

Bash. Struggled sometimes, but really was clicking in the last month. Fun to watch him on the floor; had a smoothness in his shot set-up and played some pretty darn good D. Pretty cool seeing him bumping against Kaminsky and stopping Kaminsky cold in that 2nd half.

Stanimal. A monster. Loved how he was a team player for being a one and done. Had no problem following Miller's coaching and sharing the ball when needed.

Zeus. Sometimes frustrating, but loved to see him continue to grow. Finally started handling the ball better (except for some minor regression in the Wisky game).

Rondae. Man that guy can shimmy, and not just at the line. How he would find a way to the basket guarded by 3 defenders is beyond me. Zig-zag-twirl and slam. Will be sorry to see him leave.

Gabe. Been a pleasure watching him get better and better and mature. And really enjoy seeing him nail those threes. Some of those later games, they would just set him up to be open and he'd just pound them in. Smooth stroke Looking forward to an even better York next year.

PJC. That kid is fast and slippery but looks to still be playing high school ball; focusing on the moment instead of working the clock to our advantage. However, he looks like he'll be able to handle the lead PG role once he gets some seasoning.

Pitts. Good backup; hope he turns into a great backup or starter next year.

Rustic. Has some potential; but need some serious seasoning. Still seems to watch the game go by him too often although sometimes he seemed to get into the action. Blocked out a bit too often under the basket. However, he's just a frosh; plenty of time to get the hang of it.

Matt K. Would have loved to see more of him when Zeus was struggling. Could see he was really jazzed to be on the floor whenever he got the call. Bet he could be a starter on some of the other Pac-12 teams.

Rest of the guys, I know they had strong roles in the team development, practices and chemistry, but I didnt see them enough to say much. It was always fun watching them come in and trying hard to make the most of the few minutes they were given.
Last edited by UAtrue on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Quite the compliment from Coach Miller.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

I'm so proud of the team and the coaches for all they accomplished this year. Yes, a disappointing end to a great season, but NO fan can possibly be more disappointed than the players and coaches. Our team gave it their all, so nothing to hang their heads about, for sure.

And for all the haters, as coach said "Go cheer for ASU". LOVE that line, coach.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Damn good season plus a great group of guys................THX BEARDOWN!!!
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

FANtastic season . You guys truly represent Red and Blue, and I'll never forget you! Thank you!.