Red/Blue game tickets will be going on sale

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

Red/Blue game tickets will be going on sale

Post by Irish27 »

This from GB's Wildcat Wednesday:

Do you want to see the first football home game and the first men’s basketball event? Tickets for the McDonald’s Red/Blue Basketball Game go on sale Saturday, Sept. 5 at 10 a.m., but we’re giving fans special access to purchase a designated number of tickets in advance of Sept. 5. Fans who purchase tickets to the football opener vs. UTSA at full price will have access to buy tickets to the McDonald’s Red/Blue game (while tickets remain). Access will allow fans to buy one basketball ticket for every UTSA football game ticket purchased. This is a limited offer and is available now. This offer will end when the tickets allocated for this special offer are sold out, or on Sept. 4, whichever occurs first. A limited number of tickets will be withheld from this promotion and will be put on sale on Sept. 5. Click HERE to purchase online tonight. Click on the UTSA FB and Men’s BK Red & Blue Game Combo button. There you will be prompted to buy your UTSA football tickets first. Select your seat location and quantity and press the Add to Cart button. You’ll then be able to select Red/Blue seats to purchase. This is a one-to-one offer. You can only purchase the same amount of Red/Blue tickets as your UTSA football ticket order. You can also call (520) 621-CATS (2287) or visit the McKale Ticket Office during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Last year, the basketball game sold out in 18 minutes, so this is a great opportunity to score tickets before the Sept. 5 on sale.
If you are a football season ticket holder or already purchased UTSA football tickets, you have the option of purchasing McDonald’s Red/Blue Game tickets in advance too. Log-in to MY ACCOUNT to order a maximum of four tickets per account holder. (Sorry, complimentary tickets do not qualify for this offer.) Under Manage My Account, select Buy Tickets. Then click on the UTSA FB and Men’s BK Red & Blue Game Combo button and follow the same steps above.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
rgdeuce

Re: Red/Blue game tickets will be going on sale

Post by rgdeuce »

That's pretty weak... Kind of a slap in the face of the football program too, dangle basketball tickets in front of people to lure them in for football. I know that wasn't his intent but still.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That's what you have to do at Arizona. Rich Rod has been averaging less attendance than stoops did when we were winning 3 games a year. Have to do anything he can to increase attendance.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

rgdeuce wrote:That's pretty weak... Kind of a slap in the face of the football program too, dangle basketball tickets in front of people to lure them in for football. I know that wasn't his intent but still.
in no way is that a slap to the face of the football program. most likely agreed to upon by the football staff as way to drive attendance to an unattractive game. also gives current football season ticket holders a benefit.
gumby

Post by gumby »

At UW, basketball attendance got so bad they added those games to the cost of student season tickets for football. Same price.
Right where I want to be.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I'll just wait until Sept 5th to get mine
Machina

Post by Machina »

The most important thing to the athletic department is butts in the seats at football games. Period. Greg says this all the time. Sucks this may cause a few people to not go to the practice who wanted to go who don't want to go to or can't go to the football game, but if we want the nice things you have to pay for them one way or another
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

damn the red/blue is the same day as a football game and the tucson beer fest which i already have tickets for.
Machina

Post by Machina »

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

It'd be awesome though if it were in Phoenix though... lol
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Machina

Post by Machina »

UAdevil wrote:It'd be awesome though if it were in Phoenix though... lol
Good for people who live in Phoenix but I would have no interest in going unless there is a charity aspect to it.

Let the Tucson people have their fun with it. Would like to see that love for the football team soon.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

A1RZONA wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:That's pretty weak... Kind of a slap in the face of the football program too, dangle basketball tickets in front of people to lure them in for football. I know that wasn't his intent but still.
in no way is that a slap to the face of the football program. most likely agreed to upon by the football staff as way to drive attendance to an unattractive game. also gives current football season ticket holders a benefit.
Why should football season ticket holders get a benefit? The red and blue game has always been about the have nots rather than the haves. Wide open sales and lower prices for the people who don't have a lot of money, or those with bigger families who can't afford to drop all that money on a game or can't find a significant number of seats together. For a lot of kids, it's the only time they could get into McKale to catch a game. I had a lot of friends like that growing up.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

This is not a deal for season ticket holders. It is designed to promote the first football game and try and show basketball fans how much fun a football game is.

If you buy UTSA tickets during the promotion than you get first crack at red and blue tickets.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

ANGCatFan wrote:This is not a deal for season ticket holders. It is designed to promote the first football game and try and show basketball fans how much fun a football game is.

If you buy UTSA tickets during the promotion than you get first crack at red and blue tickets.
If you are a football season ticket holder or already purchased UTSA football tickets, you have the option of purchasing McDonald’s Red/Blue Game tickets in advance too. Log-in to MY ACCOUNT to order a maximum of four tickets per account holder. (Sorry, complimentary tickets do not qualify for this offer.) Under Manage My Account, select Buy Tickets. Then click on the UTSA FB and Men’s BK Red & Blue Game Combo button and follow the same steps above.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

rgdeuce wrote:
A1RZONA wrote:
Why should football season ticket holders get a benefit? The red and blue game has always been about the have nots rather than the haves. Wide open sales and lower prices for the people who don't have a lot of money, or those with bigger families who can't afford to drop all that money on a game or can't find a significant number of seats together. For a lot of kids, it's the only time they could get into McKale to catch a game. I had a lot of friends like that growing up.
Football season ticket holders have been supporting a program that has not been significant until recently. You dont think its a nice gesture to offer them something for pouring money into a program that has been awful?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Jesus can't we just green light the sales of beer at football games? Attendance issues solved.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

ChooChooCat wrote:Jesus can't we just green light the sales of beer at football games? Attendance issues solved.
Agreed!!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ChooChooCat wrote:Jesus can't we just green light the sales of beer at football games? Attendance issues solved.
Gotta pay to play. Thats Greg or Ann's job though, not Jesus

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

A1RZONA wrote:
Football season ticket holders have been supporting a program that has not been significant until recently. You dont think its a nice gesture to offer them something for pouring money into a program that has been awful?
Being honest, no. I already made my stance on what, in my opinion, the Red/Blue game is all about. The ENTIRE fanbase. Not restricting most of the seats to the ones who have the money to spend 100s if not thousands of dollars on football tickets, not the ones who fork out even more for basketball tickets. Like I said, for many, especially kids and lower-income families, the Red/Blue game may be the only time they step foot into McKale to see the men play. For say a family of five, this is the only time that mom, dad, and the three kiddos can catch a game and sit together as a family without completely breaking the bank, or me to take my son and his three best friends and possibly make their year. And it isn't always easy to find five tickets together on the resale market. Tickets are affordable AND available. I'm not for handouts, and this isn't no sob story or anything like that, but damn, can't they just give those people one game? I guess they could throw down some money on a football game just to make sure, but why make them do that?

They are two separate entities, both highly profitable. Football sells itself. Besides, the knock on our football fans is we can only sellout the hugest of games. In the grand scheme of things, even for weaker scheduled teams, the stadium is what, 2/3 full (I had season tickets from 03-11, but havent been to a game since, so correct me if I am wrong)? The football team isn't hurting, it is just being measured against teams that sellout every week, which should be attainable based on the size of our metro population.

As for us not being significant until recently, eh, not going to agree with that. We were significant in the Tomey era and Stoops fielded some really competitive teams as well. Like I said, football sells itself and I wouldn't see season ticket holders as people "pouring money" into the program like it's a limp dog. You pay your money and you get the most popular sport in America in return, and a team that isn't at the bottom of the conference all the time. Tucson just isn't a football town, and it really isn't much of a sports town in general. Basketball sells out because we are elite, it's indoors, there are only roughly 14k seats to fill, and it is the "show" in town for many with a lot of money. That is with decades of build up and success, but I still remember how easy it was to get tickets in Miller's first few years, so that shows how fickle Tucson can be. At the end of the day, it is a business and we have to pay our coaches. I'm not trying to come across as whiny here. I'm not arguing for myself or my family, I could afford season tickets for both if I chose, but just let the have-nots and the kids have one game, they are just as important as the people with money and should be treated as such. It's a small request considering the price and availability of basketball tickets.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

rgdeuce wrote:
A1RZONA wrote:
Being honest, no. I already made my stance on what, in my opinion, the Red/Blue game is all about. The ENTIRE fanbase. Not restricting most of the seats to the ones who have the money to spend 100s if not thousands of dollars on football tickets, not the ones who fork out even more for basketball tickets. Like I said, for many, especially kids and lower-income families, the Red/Blue game may be the only time they step foot into McKale to see the men play. For say a family of five, this is the only time that mom, dad, and the three kiddos can catch a game and sit together as a family without completely breaking the bank, or me to take my son and his three best friends and possibly make their year. And it isn't always easy to find five tickets together on the resale market. Tickets are affordable AND available. I'm not for handouts, and this isn't no sob story or anything like that, but damn, can't they just give those people one game? I guess they could throw down some money on a football game just to make sure, but why make them do that?

They are two separate entities, both highly profitable. Football sells itself. Besides, the knock on our football fans is we can only sellout the hugest of games. In the grand scheme of things, even for weaker scheduled teams, the stadium is what, 2/3 full (I had season tickets from 03-11, but havent been to a game since, so correct me if I am wrong)? The football team isn't hurting, it is just being measured against teams that sellout every week, which should be attainable based on the size of our metro population.

As for us not being significant until recently, eh, not going to agree with that. We were significant in the Tomey era and Stoops fielded some really competitive teams as well. Like I said, football sells itself and I wouldn't see season ticket holders as people "pouring money" into the program like it's a limp dog. You pay your money and you get the most popular sport in America in return, and a team that isn't at the bottom of the conference all the time. Tucson just isn't a football town, and it really isn't much of a sports town in general. Basketball sells out because we are elite, it's indoors, there are only roughly 14k seats to fill, and it is the "show" in town for many with a lot of money. That is with decades of build up and success, but I still remember how easy it was to get tickets in Miller's first few years, so that shows how fickle Tucson can be. At the end of the day, it is a business and we have to pay our coaches. I'm not trying to come across as whiny here. I'm not arguing for myself or my family, I could afford season tickets for both if I chose, but just let the have-nots and the kids have one game, they are just as important as the people with money and should be treated as such. It's a small request considering the price and availability of basketball tickets.
I agree with some points here but lets be honest, the red and blue game is a dunk contest and a scrimmage. If fans who cant afford bigger games want to go, they can always go to the first game of the year which is exhibition and cheap on the secondary market. At the end of the day the athletic department is one entity, not the football program as one and the basketball program another. They are all in it together and need to leverage each other when possible.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

From GB's Wildcat Wednesday email:

Tickets for the annual McDonald’s Red-Blue basketball game go on sale this Saturday at 10 a.m. at ArizonaWildcats.com. The support our men’s basketball program receives is incredible. Never is it more evident than the interest in the McDonald’s Red-Blue game. This exhibition has sold out the last four years. Last year was the quickest sell out (18 minutes). Keep in mind, we had less seats to sell because of the McKale renovation, but we’re still expecting strong sales on Saturday. Make sure you’re by your computer and ready to purchase at 10 a.m. Save this LINK for Saturday at 10 a.m.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

gumby

Post by gumby »

So people stay away from football games because beer? Before and after isn't good enough? But dry basketball exhibitions sell out in minutes? Tells me beer isn't the issue.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Got my 6 tickets today! Yeah Buddy!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Have a beer!
Machina

Post by Machina »

Still tickets available. Was not expecting a sell out as quickly as the last few year but strange still tickets available now especially after all the complaints
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah they should move it to Phoenix to sell out
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Arcadia Tavern is providing free food and drinks right?
cats101

Post by cats101 »

The only time it sold out in 1 days was last year and there were only 10K tickets. In fact the first time it sold out, it didn't happen until a few days before the event. It will sell out like always.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Got my tickets, excited
cats101

Post by cats101 »

SOLD OUT
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Time changed to 1PM

McDonald's Red-Blue Game Starts at 1 PM

Thanks for buying tickets to the 2015 McDonald’s Red-Blue Game. We’re less than two weeks away from your first chance to see the 2015-16 Wildcats! The event will start at 1 p.m. The time was set to avoid a conflict for fans wanting to watch the Oct. 17 Arizona at Colorado football game (a 6 p.m. kickoff was announced). More event related information will be released soon. We’ll see you at McKale on Oct. 17!

Bear Down
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

So the press release on the website says the red/blue game will be broadcasted on pac12 networks. Anyone know if it will be live? Been messing around with schedule on the PAC 12 app and see Arizona men's basketball at 7:30 tomorrow but nothing around 1 pm
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

No its on at 9:30p Tucson time. They are showing the AZ/Utah '15 game at 5:30 and AZ/Oregon '15 game at 7:30

Who's pregaming tomorrow morning? Should be getting to McKale around 11
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

You are gonna get sauced at 10am for a scrimmage?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

PHXCATS wrote:You are gonna get sauced at 10am for a scrimmage?
Tis' the season. Planning an all day fiesta at a buddies across from McKale. Gotta get warmed up for football somehow
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Schedule of Events

Parking Lots Open: 8 a.m.
Mckale Ticket Office Opens (Will Call): 11:30 a.m.
Doors Open: 11:30 a.m.
DRC Wheelchair Game: 11:50 a.m.
Team Introductions: 1:00 p.m.
Dunk Contest: 1:15 p.m. (ap)
Scrimmage: 1:30 p.m. (approximate)

THANK YOU FANS
Thank you for purchasing tickets to the 2015 McDonald’s Red-Blue game. Arizona basketball appreciates your support of the program. This is the fourth straight year the McDonald’s Red-Blue game has sold out. Once again, you, our fans, have proven you’re the best in college basketball!

BUSY DAY ON CAMPUS
In addition to the 14,000 people coming to the game, the Pride of Arizona marching band is also hosting their annual Band Day event at Arizona Stadium. Please plan additional time for parking and navigating through campus to get to the game.

PARKING
Parking for the 2015 McDonald's Red-Blue game will be free of charge in the Cherry Garage on the corner of Enke Drive and Cherry Ave. as well as most surface lots on- campus. Please be advised that Band Day at Arizona Stadium also occurs on Saturday. This on-campus event is expected to draw large crowds throughout the day.

Due to the size of both events, it is highly recommended to park in the surface lots along Speedway and Cherry Ave. Please arrive early and allow for plenty of time to walk and enter the arena to get into your seats. Also, please note that Lot 6098 (swimming pool lot East of McKale on the corner of Campbell and Enke Drive) will be reserved parking.

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING
The 2015 McDonald’s Red-Blue Game is a general admission event. Sections reserved for VIPs will be designated with signage. All other seats are general admission and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat saving is not permitted.

DO YOU WANT TO BE A JUDGE IN THE DUNK CONTEST?
New in 2015, we'll select two fans to be our judges in the 2015 dunk contest. Do you want to be a judge? Fill out the form by clicking HERE. The winning judges will be contacted before 11 a.m. on Saturday.

ALL OF THE (RED-BLUE) LIGHTS
As you arrive at your seats on Saturday, you will notice a #TeamBlue or #TeamRed glowstick on the armrest of your chair. The glowsticks will serve in two ways at Saturday’s game. First, the McKale Center is color-coded by section with your glowsticks. Please wait to activate your glowstick until lights are out in the entire arena right at 1:00 pm. At that time, we encourage you to activate them by bending and snapping the middle of the glowstick. Again, please wait until lights are out to activate the glowstick … the outcome will look really impressive in the arena bowl! Second, whatever glowstick you receive is the team that you will cheer for to win the Red-Blue game. If you are active on twitter and instagram, feel free to tweet in support of your team and cheer loudly as the game progresses.

POSTGAME POSTER GIVEAWAYS
After the 2015 McDonald’s Red-Blue Game, fans can pick up the 2015-16 schedule poster while supplies last. These popular posters will be available on the north side of the McKale Center on the Eddie Lynch Pavilion. There will not be an autograph session following the game.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Will the game be on tv? Or secret decoder ring needed.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

930p Tucson time on P12. Also:
Jefe wrote:They are showing the AZ/Utah '15 game at 5:30 and AZ/Oregon '15 game at 7:30
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Jefe wrote:930p Tucson time on P12. Also:
Jefe wrote:They are showing the AZ/Utah '15 game at 5:30 and AZ/Oregon '15 game at 7:30
Thanks Jefe, cool.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Yup I'm here and 1st in line at my gate!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Pics? You are the man.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Jefe wrote:930p Tucson time on P12. Also:
Live on computer?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

gumby wrote:Pics? You are the man.
I don't know how to post pics from my iPhone i keep getting an error message
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Ray Smith was out here about 10 mins ago with his family taking pics and playing catch lol
gumby

Post by gumby »

Cool, hope you have provisions.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

UAEebs86 wrote:
That's a good list for sure! MbIII!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I'm in line for the practice. You here yet Machina?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion