Parking?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BBQ wildcat

Parking?

Post by BBQ wildcat »

It has been a few years since I attended a game. Just got two tickets, but looking at the arizonawildcats.com website, it looks like the only parking anywhere near McKale is restricted to Wildcat Club. And the only pay parking that isn't restricted is like 4-5 blocks away. Is there anyplace within a couple of blocks to park?

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/pdf9/296 ... M_ID=30700
UAEebs86

Re: Parking?

Post by UAEebs86 »

I always park a few blocks south of Sixth St. just west of Campbell. Easy exit to the south and east.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I always park on Olsen just east of Campbell.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I try to hit the meters on the north side of the softball stadium.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ALOFT is usually good. Just get there a little early and buy a few beers from the bar
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Used to have a buddy who had a duplex around 8th & Warren, so always parked there. Will try that area. Is on-street parking restricted in that area?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

BBQ wildcat wrote:Used to have a buddy who had a duplex around 8th & Warren, so always parked there. Will try that area. Is on-street parking restricted in that area?

I think some streets have restrictions, but only during school hours.
-JB
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Parking is so much easier for BB then football. Have ten bucks and hit the garages west of the arena or lots north of it. Always have a lot of spaces open. Only restrictions are around the immediate area (like by the bookstore) but all main streets open if I recall.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

The parking map I found (link in my first post) doesn't show anything north, other than at Speedway or just north of the SU. Closest one west is showing to be the 6th Street garage, at 6th & Fremont. All of the others show Wildcat Club only.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Sorry for the north i am thinking of that 4052 and the f lot to its right was taking cash once.

West I park at the sixth st. garage and get a beer accross the street. For football it's impossible to get out but BB never had an issue
Last edited by Gilbertcat on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

So really looks like nothing closer than 4-5 blocks.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

BBQ wildcat wrote:So really looks like nothing closer than 4-5 blocks.
Unless you have some debilitating injury, park north of speedway around the aerospace engineering building near the med school or Swede Johnson. FOR FREE

It takes only about 10 minutes at a medium pace to walk to McKale. Other than living on campus, it is the the total fastest way to get to the game. Even if you got a pass to park on the mall, I wouldn't. It will take about 15 minutes with traffic find a spot in. And a gridlock nightmare getting out. The garages are just as bad. You can avoid all this if you park 10 minute walk away.

That is why the old folks leave games early. They are so fearful of traffic, they up and leave with 5 minutes left, or line up by the doorway. And I will still beat them back to my car.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I park in the 2nd street garage that is pretty much connected to the student union. Never have to worry about spots, its an easy out as long as you dont take your time after the game getting back to your car, and you can hit up the eating spots rather than ponying up a grip of money for hot dogs at the game. $5.

There are plenty of free places off campus, thats where we always parked when I was a kid. I always avoid it though because in college I had my car broken into on one occasion, and somebody scraped my car on another. This was the hood south of the U. Sam Hughes is probably the safer neighborhood if you are worried about that, but the walk is further unless u get there early.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:I park in the 2nd street garage that is pretty much connected to the student union. Never have to worry about spots, its an easy out as long as you dont take your time after the game getting back to your car, and you can hit up the eating spots rather than ponying up a grip of money for hot dogs at the game. $5.

There are plenty of free places off campus, thats where we always parked when I was a kid. I always avoid it though because in college I had my car broken into on one occasion, and somebody scraped my car on another. This was the hood south of the U. Sam Hughes is probably the safer neighborhood if you are worried about that, but the walk is further unless u get there early.
2nd street garage here too. I have a friend that lives across from the football stadium, but otherwise there's always space in the 2nd street and it's a 5 minute walk across the quad.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:So really looks like nothing closer than 4-5 blocks.
Unless you have some debilitating injury, park north of speedway around the aerospace engineering building near the med school or Swede Johnson. FOR FREE

It takes only about 10 minutes at a medium pace to walk to McKale. Other than living on campus, it is the the total fastest way to get to the game. Even if you got a pass to park on the mall, I wouldn't. It will take about 15 minutes with traffic find a spot in. And a gridlock nightmare getting out. The garages are just as bad. You can avoid all this if you park 10 minute walk away.

That is why the old folks leave games early. They are so fearful of traffic, they up and leave with 5 minutes left, or line up by the doorway. And I will still beat them back to my car.
Generally, Helen is a good place to park for games. The parking restrictions end at 5p, and you can walk through the Warren tunnel, past softball and almost straight to McKale.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Which game? I might have an extra parking pass.

Like frybry said, Olsen just east of Campbell behind Champs/SoHo is about as good as it gets

How do we get the city to spell Olson correctly? ;)
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Thanks everyone. Will use the 4052 on Speedway.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The good news - I got a parking pass for the lawn north of Jefferson. Drove through band practice to park. :)

The bad news - having to drive 6 teenagers and work the snack bar. :?
-JB
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Which snack bar? I just found the mexican food last game. Sonoran dogs :D
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Jefe wrote:Which snack bar? I just found the mexican food last game. Sonoran dogs :D
#1, just selling the usual junk.

Hoping to sneak out and let the kids do all the work.

Last time I was the onion griller
-JB
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ha I probably got some onions from you on my bbq sandwich