The Christmas/New Years Break

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dcZONAfan

The Christmas/New Years Break

Post by dcZONAfan »

I fucking hate it when we don't have a game for what seems like two weeks. Time off of work is nice (although I'm in today), spending time with the family is always amazing, but god damn do I miss watching U of A basketball.
EastCoastCat

Re: The Christmas/New Years Break

Post by EastCoastCat »

dcZONAfan wrote:I fucking hate it when we don't have a game for what seems like two weeks. Time off of work is nice (although I'm in today), spending time with the family is always amazing, but god damn do I miss watching U of A basketball.
I agree it sucks for us fans but it seems like Miller loves it as it allows the team to take a break for the holidays and then gives him a lot more practice time, which we know is as important if not moreso than the games in Miler's eyes.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EastCoastCat wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:I fucking hate it when we don't have a game for what seems like two weeks. Time off of work is nice (although I'm in today), spending time with the family is always amazing, but god damn do I miss watching U of A basketball.
I agree it sucks for us fans but it seems like Miller loves it as it allows the team to take a break for the holidays and then gives him a lot more practice time, which we know is as important if not moreso than the games in Miler's eyes.
Plus time to heal injuries, which is particularly important this year.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Usually I feel like the break is a momentum killer for the team. But this year, even though they've definitely been riding a wave of momentum, I definitely see it as a needed step back from the pressure and rigors of playing real games. I suspect that when we get to Sunday, the entire team will be ready to rip ASSU a new asshole.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Needed rest for the team, both physical and mental. They had a stretch of 5 games in 13 days to end the year during the most chaotic month of the year (finals, xmas shopping, etc). Hell, I was getting burned out packing up the fam and going to McKale that often just to sit on my rear end.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

rgdeuce wrote:Needed rest for the team, both physical and mental. They had a stretch of 5 games in 13 days to end the year during the most chaotic month of the year (finals, xmas shopping, etc). Hell, I was getting burned out packing up the fam and going to McKale that often just to sit on my rear end.
You bastard! How dare you complain about getting to go to McKale. Do you know how shitty my setup is for watching P12 Network games? It's really, REALLY bad. Streaming half the season is torture. Thank god we have a lot of nationally televised games during P12 play.

And all of you make great points. My post was 100% a selfish one, thanks, all, for making me feel like a dick :D
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LOL, no complaining at all, I am extremely grateful. Little ones can make anything a grind though, going to the bathroom, eating dinner, a quick trip to the grocery store, or catching a game at McKale. :lol:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dcZONAfan wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Needed rest for the team, both physical and mental. They had a stretch of 5 games in 13 days to end the year during the most chaotic month of the year (finals, xmas shopping, etc). Hell, I was getting burned out packing up the fam and going to McKale that often just to sit on my rear end.
You bastard! How dare you complain about getting to go to McKale. Do you know how shitty my setup is for watching P12 Network games? It's really, REALLY bad. Streaming half the season is torture. Thank god we have a lot of nationally televised games during P12 play.

And all of you make great points. My post was 100% a selfish one, thanks, all, for making me feel like a dick :D
Get Kodi.

Pac-12 Network in HD for free.

GET KODI.
gumby

Post by gumby »

That's what Miller is preaching. "Get Kodi!"

I appreciate the break. Wedging in that Long Beach State game was a pain. Didn't even see the UNLV game last year.
Right where I want to be.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ChooChooCat wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:

Get Kodi.

Pac-12 Network in HD for free.

GET KODI.
Hmmmmmmm

Does it work on a Mac?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

AMEN Brother!!!! I'm dying for anything related to UA Bball.....checking this site multiple times per day just to get any news on our beloved Cats!