Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

WildcatStunner

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by WildcatStunner »

Yes Hater, I made up having a family member who is a medical professional :lol:. If me disagreeing with you is all you got from my post, then I feel really bad for you.

Also, blowing out your knee is when you tear an ACL, MCL, and a Meniscus. So he did not blow either knee out. He tore an ACL in each knee. But I understand you wanting to keep the drama high by saying he blew both his knees out.

Back to the thread topic. I hope that Trier is good to go sooner than later.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'd refrain from such strong opinions, about orthopedics, hater.

Truth is, real or hypothetical, WS family member is correct, simple ACL tears without damage to other structures and not involving the unhappy triad (acl, pcl, and mcl or meniscus - ie blowout) are something most people can bounce back from relatively well. The rehab is long and intense but properly restored the risk of reinjury is generally not increased compared to a population with a native acl.

But I'm probably just being a contrarian with this post. We should probably give smith the choice of amputation vs death at this point. All other measures would be futile.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

WildcatStunner wrote:Yes Hater, I made up having a family member who is a medical professional :lol:. If me disagreeing with you is all you got from my post, then I feel really bad for you.

Also, blowing out your knee is when you tear an ACL, MCL, and a Meniscus. So he did not blow either knee out. He tore an ACL in each knee. But I understand you wanting to keep the drama high by saying he blew both his knees out.

I'm pretty sure "blowing out your knee" isn't an official medical term. It means tearing your acl.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

CalStateTempe wrote:I'd refrain from such strong opinions, about orthopedics, hater.

Truth is, real or hypothetical, WS family member is correct, simple ACL tears without damage to other structures and not involving the unhappy triad (acl, pcl, and mcl or meniscus - ie blowout) are something most people can bounce back from relatively well. The rehab is long and intense but properly restored the risk of reinjury is generally not increased compared to a population with a native acl.

But I'm probably just being a contrarian with this post. We should probably give smith the choice of amputation vs death at this point. All other measures would be futile.
LAYWERED AGAIN!!!!!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:I'd refrain from such strong opinions, about orthopedics, hater.

I'm not the one giving strong opinions. Other posters with "orthopedic surgeon" family members are. All I've said at any point is that it's impossible to know how exactly he'll recover and bounce back. That's not extreme, ill informed or wrong at all. There are a lot of variables in play.

What's extreme and strange is all these posters suddenly coming out of the woodwork with doctor family members and medical knowledge and I guess somehow inside knowledge from Smith and his doctors.

What I've learned from this is that from now on, in any argument on this board, I'll be claiming knowledge from random family member insiders in whatever subject or field needed to bolster my arguments and I'll never lose again!
Last edited by ASUHATER! on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dcZONAfan wrote:

LAYWERED AGAIN!!!!!
Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. Not even close, again.

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:

I'm not the one giving strong opinions. Other posters with "orthopedic surgeon" family members are. All I've said at any point is that it's impossible to know how exactly he'll recover and bounce back. That's not extreme, ill informed or wrong at all. There are a lot of variables in play.

What's extreme and strange is all these posters suddenly coming out of the woodwork with doctor family members and medical knowledge and I guess somehow inside knowledge from Smith and his doctors.

What I've learned from this is that from now on, in any argument on this board, I'll nr claiming knowledge from random family member insiders in whatever subject or field needed to bolster my arguments and I'll never lose again!
Anti laywered!!!

So sad. Thoughts and prayers are needed now more than ever for Hater
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Well here we have the opinion of a Stanford and Duke trained physician, and on the other side we have Dr. ASUHATER!, who did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, Also in Dr.CST's corner - we have 2 posters who have had specific discussions with orthopedic surgeons.

Meanwhile, Dr. HATER has offered ZERO opinions tendered by board-certified physicians, while erroneously referring to ACL tears as being 'blown out' knee injuries.

Here is an actual reference from a physician, stating that after an ACL reconstruction, the likelihood of a tear to the contra lateral knee is higher than the risk of re-tearing the knee with the reconstructed ACL. Statistics showing the success rate of ACL reconstructions can easily be found on the net.

http://ajs.sagepub.com/content/41/4/NP14" target="_blank

ASUHATER talks out his ass all the time... If he was as knowledgeable as he is both misinformed and confident - he would be studying at Oxford and not working weekends.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dcZONAfan wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

What I've learned from this is that from now on, in any argument on this board, I'll nr claiming knowledge from random family member insiders in whatever subject or field needed to bolster my arguments and I'll never lose again!
Anti laywered!!!

You're becoming a sad spectacle. A train wreck of wrongness in slow motion before my eyes

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Harvey Specter wrote:

Well here we have the opinion of a Stanford and Duke trained physician, and on the other side we have ASUHATER!, who did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, Also in Dr.CST's corner - we have 2 posters who have had specific discussions with orthopedic surgeons.

Meanwhile, Dr. HATER has offered ZERO opinions tendered by board-certified physicians, while erroneously referring to ACL tears as being 'blown out' knee injuries.

Her is an actual reference from a physician, stating that after an ACL reconstruction, the likelihood of a tear to the contra lateral knee is higher than the risk of tearing the knee with the reconstructed ACL. Statistics showing the success rate of ACL reconstructions can easily be found on the net.

ASUHATER talks out his ass all the time... If he was as knowledgeable as is both misinformed and confident - he would be studying at Oxford and not working weekends.
Unlike everyone else here, I have absolutely never claimed to be a doctor, given a medical opinion or done what you just did, Dr. Harvey. All I have EVER said, and listen, is that we don't know how exactly he'll recover and bounce back. That's it. Period. You can cite whatever you want Dr Harvey, but that doesn't mean anything. I have never been misinformed or confident in anything on this subject. What is foolish is pretending to be an expert like you are currently.

Lawyered.

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Anti laywered!!!

You're becoming a sad spectacle. A train wreck of wrongness in slow motion before my eyes
And yet every poster on this site disagrees with you. Like, literally every one. Why not find some place else to hang out, where people don't get know how miserable you are? Maybe PGU is for you.

Again, thoughts and prayers are needed now more than ever
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Well here we have the opinion of a Stanford and Duke trained physician, and on the other side we have ASUHATER!, who did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, Also in Dr.CST's corner - we have 2 posters who have had specific discussions with orthopedic surgeons.

Her is an actual reference from a physician, stating that after an ACL reconstruction, the likelihood of a tear to the contra lateral knee is higher than the risk of tearing the knee with the reconstructed ACL. Statistics showing the success rate of ACL reconstructions can easily be found on the net.

ASUHATER talks out his ass all the time... If he was as knowledgeable as is both misinformed and confident - he would be studying at Oxford and not working weekends.
Unlike everyone else here, I have absolutely never claimed to be a doctor, given a medical opinion or done what you just did, Dr. Harvey. All I have EVER said, and listen, is that we don't know how exactly he'll recover and bounce back. That's it. Period. You can cite whatever you want Dr Harvey, but that doesn't mean anything. I have never been misinformed or confident in anything on this subject. What is foolish is pretending to be an expert like you are currently.

Lawyered.
Oh so now you are claiming to be a lawyer?! Where is the documentation on that?!?! You just come on here and, very conveniently, you are a lawyer now? You are no worse than the others on here claiming to have spoken to doctors.

So sad. Thoughts and prayers are needed now more than ever
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ASUHATER! wrote: All I have EVER said, and listen, is that we don't know how exactly he'll recover and bounce back. That's it. Period. You can cite whatever you want Dr Harvey, but that doesn't mean anything. I have never been misinformed or confident in anything on this subject.

From the Ray Smith ACL thread
ASUHATER! wrote:Welp. Poor kid. Probably will never play a minute at Arizona now. Huge blow to the teams chances this year though. Too bad we will never see him play here
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

UAEebs86 wrote:From the Ray Smith ACL thread
ASUHATER! wrote:Welp. Poor kid. Probably will never play a minute at Arizona now. Huge blow to the teams chances this year though. Too bad we will never see him play here
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWYLERED!!!!!!!!!
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

That's lying under oath, son. Incredibly serious offense. Lawyers see RIGHT through that shit, ya dummy
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Hater, I asked your opinion on tearing an ACL vs blowing out your knee (ACL, MCL, Meniscus). You decided to give some snarky reply to which I responded with my opinion plus facts. I talked to a family member about the injury back when it happened (2nd acl tear) to get their opinion. Whether or not you believe me or think I'm pulling it out of my ass is of no concern. I think he will make a full recovery because it was his other knee, and not the same. What we do know is that he tore his acl in his other knee, had surgery, and is on the path to recovery. They didn't disclose anything else. Was their nothing else to disclose? Maybe they are hiding something? As you said we don't know. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence (that goes both ways). Not once have I claimed to have inside knowledge or claimed my family members had inside knowledge. All I claimed is there is a strong chance he will make a full recovery based on what we know and the stats from medical publications (posted in this thread). You can infer anything you want from that, but please do not make exaggerations of things that I have said or claimed.

FWIW, I actually value a divergent opinion and don't mind having this discussion. I don't want it to seem like I am specifically targeting your posts. There are actually some things you have said about men's bball that I agree with.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:Yes Hater, I made up having a family member who is a medical professional :lol:. If me disagreeing with you is all you got from my post, then I feel really bad for you.

I'm pretty sure "blowing out your knee" isn't an official medical term. It means tearing your acl.
Lol that's not what blowing out your knee means jackwad. Seriously just stop posting about this topic. The hole you continue to dig is too big for you to climb out of here.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The problem I have is when someone states "it is impossible to know the prognosis".

Actually its quite possible. The tools are statistics, large patient registries, and epidemiology. Hell, academic careers and referral networks are built on just that...the ability to predict with the best data what a patient should expect with a given injury.

There are always outliers, nothing is 100% certain, but from a population perspective, you can give an individual an idea what to expect for common orthopedic injuries.

The rest is for the lawyers to fight over. ;)
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Hater won't be back to this thread for at least as long as it takes for Eebs post to fall off this page. :lol:
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: All I have EVER said, and listen, is that we don't know how exactly he'll recover and bounce back. That's it. Period. You can cite whatever you want Dr Harvey, but that doesn't mean anything. I have never been misinformed or confident in anything on this subject.

:lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Lawyered.
https://youtu.be/XH7FBxT9mEs" target="_blank

Objection: hearsay, lack of foundation, misstates the evidence.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Lawyered.
https://youtu.be/XH7FBxT9mEs" target="_blank

Objection: hearsay, lack of foundation, misstates the evidence.
Dude is so bad at lawyering
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I've been laughing about this thread all day.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I can't believe how much I contributed to derailing it :(.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Derailing it? This is comedic gold!
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

WildcatStunner wrote:I can't believe how much I contributed to derailing it :(.
Pretty sure most of the credit (or blame, depending on who you ask) goes to me for that one. But I appreciate your support. We are getting tons of use out of our law degrees in this thread and it feels good
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

He will likely be timid on his legs for a while, completely normal and understandable, but other than that, not worried at all. My sister tore her ACL in one knee and both her ACL and MCL in the other. She still managed to play a year of college softball after (and stopped for reasons other than injuries), then for years was an avid weight trainer and competed in figure competitions on a professional level. She popped out two babies and is now cleaning everyone's clock in Crossfit competitions in her early 30s. My family has some frail ass body genes: grandfather's knee and the war ended his professional hockey aspirations, father's college baseball career ended with knee and shoulder injuries, mine ended with a torn labrum, other sister tore her rotator cuff with multiple volleyball offers on the table. Not sure if there is any science behind frail ass body genes, and if there is, if Ray has them. But in terms of these two, not worried.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Pretty sure most of the credit (or blame, depending on who you ask) goes to me for that one. But I appreciate your support. We are getting tons of use out of our law degrees in this thread and it feels good
No law degree here. Thought about the law school path after college, even did well on the LSAT, but I wanted to get work experience after college. Fast forward 8-9 years I work as a business data analyst for a company. Can't complain though, I work from home full time.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

WildcatStunner wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
No law degree here. Thought about the law school path after college, even did well on the LSAT, but I wanted to get work experience after college. Fast forward 8-9 years I work as a business data analyst for a company. Can't complain though, I work from home full time.
https://youtu.be/yhfZIUYZunI" target="_blank
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:

The all caps EVER is priceless.
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Merkin wrote:
Wow. This is amazing, especially if AT is truly fully recovered and feeling good. Here's hoping this isn't rushing things. I want a healthy AT for March.
gumby

Post by gumby »

The Seattle game would be four weeks from the time he broke it. Jan. 9 to Feb. 6.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:The Seattle game would be four weeks from the time he broke it. Jan. 9 to Feb. 6.
Yeah, this is low end in recovery time, but not insanely so. I'd assume Trier wants to play in Seattle, too.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

gumby wrote:The Seattle game would be four weeks from the time he broke it. Jan. 9 to Feb. 6.
The Seattle game is the one I care about and that we probably need him for. WSU should be no problem.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Yeah. If he falls on it in the next few weeks, that would be bad.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

84Cat wrote:
Is Miller a Dr?

There's only 1 person who knows for sure.
ASUHATER! wrote:They said he'd be out 4-6 weeks. It's been 3. Simple logic dictates it may not be until UCLA game he's back. Are you just trying to be an idiot on purpose?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Hahahahaha. Classic Hater
gumby

Post by gumby »

Can't wait until Simon shoots without discomfort ... mine.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Doctor....

Doctor....

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:Doctor....

Doctor....

Can't you see, I'm burning, burning....

I think Trier will be 'en fuego' from deep :D
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Chicat wrote:Doctor....

Doctor....

Lol Chicat! I think you just dated youself age-wise....bet we are similar. Funny movie :-)
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Puerco wrote:I've been laughing about this thread all day.
Seriously, that shit is gold :lol:
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

gumby wrote:Can't wait until Simon shoots without discomfort ... mine.

I was waiting for someone to say one particular thing before I brought out my own Simon joke. Well done.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

doesn't blake griffin have the exact same injury as trier right now? how long is he out for?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Same. 4-6 weeks. However, the equipment manager can never have children.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

He plays tonight
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Olsondogg wrote:He plays tonight
Clearly not until UCLA. Didn't you read the rest of the thread?