So..

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cats101

So..

Post by cats101 »

Oregon, Colorado, Cal, Utah all in the top 4 of the conference. All loses.

Thankfully the game against Cal is at McKale. What a disappointing season this has been.
3goggles

Re: So..

Post by 3goggles »

cats101 wrote:Oregon, Colorado, Cal, Utah all in the top 4 of the conference. All loses.

Thankfully the game against Cal is at McKale. What a disappointing season this has been.
Soooooooooooooooooooo disappointing!!!! Get out of here! If this is the down year I'll take it. Next years team is going to steam roll the league with trier, smith, JJ, Alkins, Simmons
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Well 3 of those were on the road, hopefully we get Cal in what is trending to be a very important game. Might be for 4th place and a bye in the tourney.
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
az91

Post by az91 »

cats101 wrote:Oregon, Colorado, Cal, Utah all in the top 4 of the conference. All loses.

I disagree that this has been a disappointing season. We lost all but one starter from last year, got caught by the injury bug, and faced a greatly improved conference. Given all that, I think our record is satisfactory.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

az91 wrote:

I disagree that this has been a disappointing season. We lost all but one starter from last year, got caught by the injury bug, and faced a greatly improved conference. Given all that, I think our record is satisfactory.
Agreed
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

3goggles wrote:
az91 wrote:

Agreed
Absolutely!. Yeah, I think everyone is disappointed that we haven't done better. But given the injuries and replacing 4 starters, I can't be disappointed in the team or in CSM. They are fighters, just don't have the horsepower (or the guard play) to get over the hump at times.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

This has not been a disappointing season. 2011-12 was a disappointing season.

Oh and fun fact of the day: Season isn't over yet.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

A team that loses TJ, Rondae, Stanley and Brandon should not be competitive to win the PAC

This year is not a disappointment

We are a point guard away from being the best team in the PAC..... That's a pretty good place to be in a rebuilding year
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

The only dissapointing things have been the numerous close, gut wrenching road losses this year. Watching us fall short over and over in these big road games. And the dissapointment of knowing this team, yes in a down year, is still capable of so much more and just cant seen to take that next step. And the lack of effort, focus, whatever you want to call it for most of many games. But maybe replace dissapointing with frustrating, probably the better adjective if u take a step back and look at the totality of it all.
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Alieberman wrote:A team that loses TJ, Rondae, Stanley and Brandon should not be competitive to win the PAC

We are a point guard away from being the best team in the PAC..... That's a pretty good place to be in a rebuilding year
What happens next year at PG ? Same at this with Kadeem and PJ taking turns but more experienced?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Lute4God wrote:
Alieberman wrote:A team that loses TJ, Rondae, Stanley and Brandon should not be competitive to win the PAC

What happens next year at PG ? Same at this with Kadeem and PJ taking turns but more experienced?
Kobi Simmons
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
cats101

Post by cats101 »

3goggles wrote:

Soooooooooooooooooooo disappointing!!!! Get out of here! If this is the down year I'll take it. Next years team is going to steam roll the league with trier, smith, JJ, Alkins, Simmons
So what's your most satisfying win this year? For me its UW, i guess, who wot even make the tournament, again. It's now what 2-5 against top 50 rpi teams this year? Az was picked to win the league and is now 0-4 against the top 4 teams.

I understand the season isn't over, and the regular season "doesn't matter" to most but geeze would it hurt to beat one quality team away from McKale.

Next year? Let's focus on this year. Unless you want to talk about who's going to play PG and post defense, I suggest we not.

Back to bashing Gabe York, seems like the popular thing to do among UofA fans.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote: We are a point guard away from being the best team in the PAC..... That's a pretty good place to be in a rebuilding year
Yep, TJ spoiled us. PJC has regressed, especially away from home. Kadeem Allen is really just another Momo Jones and Mark Lyons, a 2G trying to play as a combo. I never expected much from Allen, JC is just a whole different level.

Won't miss York at all. His hero balling has really soured me on him. That attempt by Miller to try York at PG failed, as he was picked his first trip down the court.
az91

Post by az91 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Lute4God wrote:

Kobi Simmons
I have a feeling he will be penciled in as the starter the moment he gets on campus.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Justin Simon hopefully will make that famous freshman to sophomore leap, and get time at PG.

Doubt Trier will be back, but he has really good court vision and the best handles on the team.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

KA/KS
AT
JJ
RS
DR

Or...

KA/KS
RA
JJ
LM
DR

If either of the above lineups come to fruition, we're Pac champs again next year.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Looking at Simmons highlight tapes I see a lot of Justin Simon in him (meaning he's more of a 2G or small forward, not a true PG)

KAllen/PJC
Alkins
Simmons
Markkanen
Ristic
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

To already be talking about next season when you have qualified for the tournament basically and its February seems ridiculous to me.

The real season hasn't even started yet

While it is probably next to impossible, this team could still string 4 wins together and make a final four. Chances are slim but in the tourney anything can happen. Its not like we have been getting blown out on the road either all our losses have been pretty close. We make a Final Four, man no one will remember this game.

Remember too in the tournament, you don't have to play road games in a hostile environment

Now good chance we flame out in the tourney but until that happens, why already be moving on to next year???

Remember a little year called 1997....
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Merkin wrote:
Alieberman wrote: We are a point guard away from being the best team in the PAC..... That's a pretty good place to be in a rebuilding year
Yep, TJ spoiled us. PJC has regressed, especially away from home. Kadeem Allen is really just another Momo Jones and Mark Lyons, a 2G trying to play as a combo. I never expected much from Allen, JC is just a whole different level.

Won't miss York at all. His hero balling has really soured me on him. That attempt by Miller to try York at PG failed, as he was picked his first trip down the court.
At least this 2015-2016 team hasn't lost to ASU twice like TJ's teams.

I thought Mark Lyons was pretty awesome, he got us marquee victories and we were this close to another EE if it wasn't whats his butts fault for blowing his defensive rotation.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I heard Waltonsay in the first half that PJC was "sick" with "flu", and that it affected his game in Boulder and again today...

... any (dis)confirmation of that report?

Most of us were liking PJC's game a week ago - I think folks are being a bit fickle around here....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
cats101

Post by cats101 »

This was the most disappointing season since Josiah Turner. What a cluster fuck season. Not many memorable moments
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cats101 wrote:This was the most disappointing season since Josiah Turner. What a cluster fuck season. Not many memorable moments
And in the 35 years of my following UA basketball one of the teams I will miss the least. Just no heart, soft, and too much NBA auditioning.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Thats how I feel right now and this team gets lumped with the 2012 team for me too. Which is crazy, because a month ago or so, it was the complete opposite. And the first round loss isnt what changed it, it was how and why we lost that game, things that have been problems all year that didnt improve at all. Hard to like or remember a team that seemingly does not care or gives up
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:
cats101 wrote:This was the most disappointing season since Josiah Turner. What a cluster fuck season. Not many memorable moments
And in the 35 years of my following UA basketball one of the teams I will miss the least. Just no heart, soft, and too much NBA auditioning.
:lol: by a bunch of guys who won't even get a cup of coffee in the league.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:
:lol: by a bunch of guys who won't even get a cup of coffee in the league.
Except Zeus....he will have a good / respectable NBA career IMHO....this team was very disappointing and I still can't believe how pathetic the first round flameout was.....BUT we all knew it was possible with how this team often was incapable of playing two halves of good bball.....how many times wa this mentioned by CSM?

I was really concerned during the P12 tourney when we let Rado back in the game during the second half......well, it could have been worse I guess but we have a lot of work to do to get back on track.....starting with getting some 'Arizona Good' guard play.

So depressing......I knew this team wasn't very strong mentally but would have accepted a second round loss and been elated with a sweet 16.....at least a bunch of other teams have sucked in the tourney too.....just need KU, Oregon, and Utah to fall short of the FF and that would take some of the pain away.

As fun as the tourney is.....it can be really miserable if you flameout in the first round because you didn't show up to play :-(