Pac-12 Podcast

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Katzenfreund

Pac-12 Podcast

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Re: Pac-12 Podcast

Post by Olsondogg »

I much prefer KO in the studio. I actually like his takes, and he's somewhat funny.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks Katz!

I agree Odogg, I like semi-drunk studio KO.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Cool, Katz! Really enjoyed the studio show last night, like when Matt was facing two free throws to close out the Beavers (their last really good team). KO tells him that if he misses either one, he can't go home for Christmas break.

Matt also said New Mexico fans would always yell "Noonan" when someone (or just him?) went to the line. Said it cracked him up. But I don't get it.

Also said Dukies were the only fans that got to him, because they would go completely silent, then suddenly lean in the same direction.
Right where I want to be.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

"Noonan" was that kid in caddyshack. I guess I can see a little resemblancebut that seems to be a stretch.

I like when he said he wanted to see McLean in the green suit the ASSU kid was wearing.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

This podcast is a must-listen. Rare honesty about how recruiting visits go. Plus, when Matt asks to use Lute's phone. Well, no spoilers. Several laugh out loud moments. Say what you will about KO, but he's no shill for the conference. Brutally honest takes. After 20 years of Barry Tompkins and the rest inflating the teams, he is refreshing.

I do wonder if Larry Scott will clamp down. Credit to Mike Yam for "going there." Enjoy while it lasts.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

looking forward to listening!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Appreciate this Katz
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

It's official, I am completely over what happened, and look, it all turned out for the better, you never know if Miller would be here of KO didn't do that junk a few years go (butterfly effect).

Just wanted to get this off my chest, and ask the Wildcat faithful to forgive and remember he is a Wildcat.

Kevin O'Neil is fucking awesome.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Agree on KO Bosy.

Hey Katznfreund, thanks! This was really cool....already excited for Part II.
gumby

Post by gumby »

That was Part II. Part I back in December. Here they are.

http://pac-12.com/list/podcast
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

gumby wrote:That was Part II. Part I back in December. Here they are.

http://pac-12.com/list/podcast
Thanks for the list of the others......but at the end of the last one that this thread is about, Mike and Matt alluded to a future podcast that they called 'Part II' in which they were going to talk about Matt's actual playing days at the UA...this is what I was referring to.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Ok
gumby

Post by gumby »

Listened to the first one about Lute's in-home visit with Matt. "Lute was mother-approved," says KO. He would walk in and just his presence would seal the deal with moms.

Moms4Lute.

Matt compared KO to Alec Baldwin in "Glengarry Glenross." Closer. Lute never saw Matt play before the in-home visit (he was coaching the international team that summer). First time he did, Matt played poorly and KO caught hell.

On the visit right before Matt's, they were in the home of some 7 footer who ended up at Missouri. The kid was rude to his mother. Told her to shut up. Lute got up and left. Wanted no part of such a kid.

Some great stories. Like when KO would get lost (the only thing that would ruffle Lute) and hope to find his way before Lute woke up.

Mike Yam is a great foil. Real pro in drawing out the stories. BTW, he went to Fordham, worked at ESPN (overnight shifts). Never thought much of East Coast bias. Took him two weeks in California to change his mind. Time difference is the big factor.

P.S. If there is any bitterness with KO, regarding Lute or what happened at Arizona, it doesn't come through.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »