Greg Anthony

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UofAlum05

Greg Anthony

Post by UofAlum05 »

I became a die-hard Arizona Basketball fan in 2000, my freshman year. Through these boards, other Arizona die hards, and a bit of reading I learned a lot about the History of Arizona Basketball before 2000. Of course I knew about 1997 very well because I was living in the State of North Carolina. I was rooting for the Cats, btw, with absolutely no idea I would end up going to school there.

A few stories that every pre-2000 die hard/Tucson resident will share besides the 1997 championship.
-Gumby
-ASU chants at Steve Kerr
-Miles Simon full court shot
-Greg Anthony flipping off Lute after UNLV broke Arizona's heart in 1989.

I have to say even without knowing about that story, Greg Anthony has always had an issue with Arizona. He has been so biased in his coverage against us that it is painfully obvious.

So am I missing threads/posts or something? Why haven't we just been pouring on the jokes since he got arrested for being with a Trannie Hooker? I look at Arizona boards almost everyday and I haven't seen anything. Where are the photoshopped tweets? Where are the jokes? Where are the memes?

I mean this guy is one of the all-time great Arizona villains. We've got to have a little fun with this one, right?
CalStateTempe

Re: Greg Anthony

Post by CalStateTempe »

I am sad to admit, what is the gumby story?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:I am sad to admit, what is the gumby story?
The gumby's were basically the scrubs on the bench during the late '80's.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

No, he's referring to my Medal of Freedom, which I don't like to talk about, because I really believe anyone in my position would've taken that machine-gun nest against all odds (and without a weapon), saving untold lives, including Sgt York, who would go on to father Gabe.
Right where I want to be.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

You're just pissed cause I called you a scrub.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

UofAlum05 wrote:I became a die-hard Arizona Basketball fan in 2000, my freshman year. Through these boards, other Arizona die hards, and a bit of reading I learned a lot about the History of Arizona Basketball before 2000. Of course I knew about 1997 very well because I was living in the State of North Carolina. I was rooting for the Cats, btw, with absolutely no idea I would end up going to school there.

A few stories that every pre-2000 die hard/Tucson resident will share besides the 1997 championship.
-Gumby
-ASU chants at Steve Kerr
-Miles Simon full court shot
-Greg Anthony flipping off Lute after UNLV broke Arizona's heart in 1989.

I have to say even without knowing about that story, Greg Anthony has always had an issue with Arizona. He has been so biased in his coverage against us that it is painfully obvious.

So am I missing threads/posts or something? Why haven't we just been pouring on the jokes since he got arrested for being with a Trannie Hooker? I look at Arizona boards almost everyday and I haven't seen anything. Where are the photoshopped tweets? Where are the jokes? Where are the memes?

I mean this guy is one of the all-time great Arizona villains. We've got to have a little fun with this one, right?
It's our trademark maturity and class. The kind we praise when coaches and fans demonstrate it. Or bad memories. Probably the latter.

http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/twitter-r ... ns-130451/

Definitely the latter.

In great news, Raftery is taking over, along with Grant Hill. Thanks, Greg. Totally worth the 80 dollars.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote:You're just pissed cause I called you a scrub.
Plus, you didn't thank me for my service.