I Hope They Brought a Jacket!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Captcarnage

I Hope They Brought a Jacket!

Post by Captcarnage »

Weather getting nasty here in Denver. I hope the Cats and Sean Miller realize what a great thing they have living in Tucson and not having to deal with the cold and snow. Yeah it gets hot in the summer but you don't have to shovel sunshine! IMO its worth 3 months of hell for a fantastic rest of the year. Now if I could only convince my wife of that...

Here is to the Cats being on FIRE tonight!
2014-2015 RAP Football Champion
rgdeuce

Re: I Hope They Brought a Jacket!

Post by rgdeuce »

There are only 2 or 3 places in the country I would leave Tucson for. One of those places has huge bugs and the summers are more brutal with the humidity, another has terrible traffic and a high cost of living. Denver is a great city though, you aren't doing too bad.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Denver is one of the few places i'd leave tucson for. along with portland/san francisco/san diego.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Even if I've told this story before on the other site it's worth telling again...

It was May of '95 & my mother had just passed away & I had moved to Denver to go to school & at the end of June I wrote my dad a hand written letter...you know, because you had to be rich to have email then. It roughly said, "Pops...this is heaven. I'm NEVER leaving Denver. Red Rocks for the best concert experience of your life, Coors Field for amazing baseball, downtown for a crazy culture & arts experience, awesome people & the Broncos haven't even started yet. I was sold.

By Dec 1 I had packed my bags & moved home. F the snow.

But seriously - that city is the shit for 7-9 months a year.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I saw AC/DC in Red Rocks in 1978(?). They opened for Blue Oyster Cult.

By 1990 they were the hottest concert act in the biz.

Loved the ampitheater there.

I spent 2 years on Colo Springs and really liked it
psiclist23

Post by psiclist23 »

Captcarnage wrote:Weather getting nasty here in Denver. I hope the Cats and Sean Miller realize what a great thing they have living in Tucson and not having to deal with the cold and snow. Yeah it gets hot in the summer but you don't have to shovel sunshine! IMO its worth 3 months of hell for a fantastic rest of the year. Now if I could only convince my wife of that...

Here is to the Cats being on FIRE tonight!
Here's what I tell people: In Denver (and anyplace that has winter) the winters suck. Too cold to go out during the day and the nights are worse.

OTOH, here is Tucson in the summer, it sucks, too. Too hot to go out during the day. But once the sun goes down, the nights are fantastic. I love summer here because of the nights. Never need a shirt even.

I realize I am drawing a broad brush and some people like winter and some people like desert daytimes in the summer. But still, unless you are a skier or some such and live for snow, this is the place to be.
Captcarnage

Post by Captcarnage »

Don't get me wrong Denver is a great place to live and the summers are fantastic. Just don't think the desert will ever leave me. Just not a snow guy and the Mexican food here pales in comparison to Tucson. But on the plus side for food, where else can you get brats made of elk, buffalo or wild boar?
2014-2015 RAP Football Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Hope they are not flying out tonight to SLC
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Boulder >> Denver for the weather. That little valley shelters the place from the crazy winter winds. Snow comes but then melts off three days later. Perfect weather, IMO. Denver's just too exposed up on the plateau.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
gumby

Post by gumby »

If weather is the main consideration, then it's SoCal. If it's things to do, it's Denver over Tucson. If it's wild meat, plenty of places with nothing else to do but hunt. If its Mexican food , Mexico.
Right where I want to be.