Utah

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cpt

Re: Utah

Post by cpt »

I hate to say it but I will be pleasantly surprised if we win.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

cpt wrote:I hate to say it but I will be pleasantly surprised if we win.
I hate to say it, but I expect Arizona to win. What made me this way? It isn't charming. I half suspect I'll press that call button for the flight attendant and, when she appears, I'll say, "Yes, what are you going to do to make me happy?"
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dirtbags wrote:so pumped for this game. the huntsman center will be downright nasty, which is awesome. 'tah has good, loyal fans, and a lot of them still have a bitter taste in their mouth with Arizona going back to last football season when Anu hung up 42 pts in SLC.
Didn't Anu only play a half? No love for Scroggins and Nick?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I had my wife ask Buddha and Buddha says 'Arizona Karma Good.....Arizona Beat Utah Tomorrow....BTFD!' ;-).

Will be watching from Bangkok 9am Sunday my time.....am so pumped already. Going to be a great game and test for us at this time of year!
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

dirtbags wrote:
CBCat wrote:Man im scared but man, im pumped. I might go get that new TV today!
this game is def new TVworthy

:D
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
cpt wrote:I hate to say it but I will be pleasantly surprised if we win.
I hate to say it, but I expect Arizona to win. What made me this way? It isn't charming. I half suspect I'll press that call button for the flight attendant and, when she appears, I'll say, "Yes, what are you going to do to make me happy?"
I think Arizona has a really good chance to win this game.

I also think Utah has a really good chance to win this game.

And thus I've contributed nothing. Which is what I do best.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Should be a good game.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

when's the last time we weren't favored in a game?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Any P12 road games last year?

Pretty sure it was March 28, 2013. +3.5 against Ohio St in the S16.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Duke not favored in MSG? Michigan not favored at home?

Last time Utah won was ... um ... triangle and two!

The vaunted Jacob Poetl has scored in double figures twice in the last 19 games. Isn't he getting the Tarc treatment among Ute fans?
Right where I want to be.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Jefe wrote:Any P12 road games last year?

Pretty sure it was March 28, 2013. +3.5 against Ohio St in the S16.
UA was a dog last year
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Cats will impress and win by 5
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
prh

Post by prh »

Hey everyone who's more experienced, what color are we fans wearing tomorrow? I know we always go with red, but blue seems like the obvious choice. The only road games I've ever been to are @UO, so I wasn't sure.

Also, to anyone in town, be careful with driving. We've been getting some freak snow/hail/sleet the last couple days, it comes and goes real fast and in small areas (just like good old Tucson monsoons). Anyways, we almost spun out turning left going 5 mph on the way to the ASSU game last night. We made it safely and had a blast at the game, but just be careful if it does that tomorrow.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I got a good feeling about this game. Look for the Cats to roll.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Cats win a close game.
UofACat23

Post by UofACat23 »

Beachcat97 wrote:Cats win a close game.
I thought you had us 100% losing this game, along with our losses @Washington, the Pac 12 Tournament Championship, and Sweet 16? What happened?
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Can't wait for tonight. Have a high school buddy who went to Utah & now lives there & he's going. I'm do jealous.

I can't imagine this game not being close. So fun.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

UAEebs86 wrote:
dirtbags wrote:so pumped for this game. the huntsman center will be downright nasty, which is awesome. 'tah has good, loyal fans, and a lot of them still have a bitter taste in their mouth with Arizona going back to last football season when Anu hung up 42 pts in SLC.
Didn't Anu only play a half? No love for Scroggins and Nick?

haha, you're right - good catch! selective memory on my part :?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

prh wrote:Hey everyone who's more experienced, what color are we fans wearing tomorrow? I know we always go with red, but blue seems like the obvious choice. The only road games I've ever been to are @UO, so I wasn't sure.

Also, to anyone in town, be careful with driving. We've been getting some freak snow/hail/sleet the last couple days, it comes and goes real fast and in small areas (just like good old Tucson monsoons). Anyways, we almost spun out turning left going 5 mph on the way to the ASSU game last night. We made it safely and had a blast at the game, but just be careful if it does that tomorrow.
wear your blue & black Arizona shirt... or is it actually white & gold??
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

prh wrote:Hey everyone who's more experienced, what color are we fans wearing tomorrow? I know we always go with red, but blue seems like the obvious choice. The only road games I've ever been to are @UO, so I wasn't sure.

Do you think there will be a fair number of local Cat fans at the game???

...Cat's by 2
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Utah should be favored. If they don't come out and punch us in the face after they were embarrassed at McKale, then They deserve to be embarrassed again. The arena will be rocking. I'm worried about Arizona coming out flat like they did vs ASU and never matched ASUs intensity. The same thing could happen today.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

I like that Utah's favored...all the better when things shake out tonight.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Frybry02 wrote:Utah should be favored. If they don't come out and punch us in the face after they were embarrassed at McKale, then They deserve to be embarrassed again. The arena will be rocking. I'm worried about Arizona coming out flat like they did vs ASU and never matched ASUs intensity. The same thing could happen today.
There's too much on the line for either team to come out flat. Should be a good battle that we win in the end.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
prh

Post by prh »

dirtbags wrote:wear your blue & black Arizona shirt... or is it actually white & gold??
Oh it's black and blue. Anyways, this is what I was planning on tonight...
CBCat wrote:Do you think there will be a fair number of local Cat fans at the game???
I'm not really sure. It seems that there is no visitor allotment from Utah. Maybe some for the Wildcat Club but nothing through Alumni Assoc. I would expect a decent amount, but they will likely be pretty spread out. It will be better than ASSU, I counted 8 fans in the building Thursday. 8. That was it.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Why are you wearing yellow?
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Utah plays extremely well at home. The Cats have had issues in a few road games (UNLV/OSU). Vegas likes the home team.

I expect that after the physical domination we displayed at Mckale Krysto is going to have his boys fired up....so fired up that I expect a great deal of early pushing and shoving.

I also expect to see some zone defense....perhaps quite a bit.

My prediction. If the game turns into another Stanford whistle-fest I expect RHJ and Tarc to get into early foul trouble. Utes by 7. If the PAC12 sends non-Mormon officials who will do their best to swallow their whistles we have a punchers chance.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

A punchers chance? That makes it sound like we have to get lucky to win. My word man, vegas has it at 2 points Utah. That means it maybe a 1 possession game.

The cats have not been blown out in how long. You never cease to amaze DMJ. I do agree about the officials being a key in this game along with Utah being crazed and ready. But I also think we have better then a puncher landing a lucky shot to win
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wasn't Utah's last home loss to us last February when we won in ot there?

Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

I want to say Utah by 7 as well...

And so does the majority of people.

That's a really good sign, we could surprise and make a statement after all.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

gumby wrote:Why are you wearing yellow?

thank you, gumby :lol: :lol: :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Cats going to win if the refs call a fair game. Not completely one sided like CU, nor just an awfully called game like UCLA.
Disambiguator

Post by Disambiguator »

dmjcat wrote:Utah plays extremely well at home. The Cats have had issues in a few road games (UNLV/OSU). Vegas likes the home team.

I expect that after the physical domination we displayed at Mckale Krysto is going to have his boys fired up....so fired up that I expect a great deal of early pushing and shoving.

My prediction. If the game turns into another Stanford whistle-fest I expect RHJ and Tarc to get into early foul trouble. Utes by 7. If the PAC12 sends non-Mormon officials who will do their best to swallow their whistles we have a punchers chance.

So, with decent officiating we have a "puncher's chance"?! Maybe if we were playing the Jazz. You consistently tie yourself in knots to denigrate UA, to the point of sheer idiocy. Give it a rest.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Disambiguator wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Utah plays extremely well at home. The Cats have had issues in a few road games (UNLV/OSU). Vegas likes the home team.

So, with decent officiating we have a "puncher's chance"?! Maybe if we were playing the Jazz. You consistently tie yourself in knots to denigrate UA, to the point of sheer idiocy. Give it a rest.
Oh look, Reyditutos clone crawled out of the sewer.

I have a better idea boy...why don't YOU give it a rest.

Sheesh, if you can't handle posters picking someone other than the home team to win you shouldn't be reading (or posting) on message boards.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

It could be a great game or it could be called ticky tack. I really want to see a great game win or lose. Seriously please refs just call it the same at both ends.
Bangkok Wildcat

Great win Team'!!!!!!!!!!! BTFD
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

dmjcat wrote:
Disambiguator wrote:

Sheesh, if you can't handle posters picking someone other than the home team to win you shouldn't be reading (or posting) on message boards.

DMJ your perfect season of predictions just keeps humming along LOL
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That's a big, big win.
Zona_Soccer10

Post by Zona_Soccer10 »

I knew Arizona would win. I couldn't suffer an Arizona loss and a woman setback in the same night. :lol:
gumby

Post by gumby »

azcat49 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Disambiguator wrote:

DMJ your perfect season of predictions just keeps humming along LOL
:twisted: :lol: Punched out.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Frankly speaking, ASU will be the last loss that Arizona has...just so they can print that on a banner "Arizona's last loss was us!".
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Disambiguator

Post by Disambiguator »

dmjcat wrote:
Disambiguator wrote:

Have an adult read my post to you, please. I didn't call you out for "picking someone other than the home team to win". What makes you consistently look the fool, even to an inconsistent, casual reader of this board, is your myopic negativity. I have read dozens of shamelessly stupid posts by you, but I think this "puncher's chance" bullcrap takes the prize. We are the better team. If we were down 3 starters we would have a puncher's chance. For you to characterize our chances to win the game that way further reveals your true agenda. My guess is that you are actually a peevish little imp fan...boy.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

RiseAndFire wrote:how well 'tah or Az are playing now only matters to a degree. What matters most is if 'Tah does like the first game and goes with strict M2M the entire game, instead of a middle-jamming zone that forces Az outside for shots.

Im guessing tah is still clueless, or they Kryzetelwack is like Miller and refuses to zone D?

Either way, Cats by 6
You're welcome :D
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:Frankly speaking, ASU will be the last loss that Arizona has...just so they can print that on a banner "Arizona's last loss was us!".
I wouldn't put it past them. I honestly am surprised that they don't have a banner for wins over Arizona already. I mean all they have banner wise in their arena is one listing their 14 appearances and one more for their 5 sweet 16s ( 4 of which happened when you had to win 0 or 1 game to make the s16). They need a another banner to show their wins over Arizona.

Bangkok Wildcat

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I had my wife ask Buddha and Buddha says 'Arizona Karma Good.....Arizona Beat Utah Tomorrow....BTFD!' ;-).

Will be watching from Bangkok 9am Sunday my time.....am so pumped already. Going to be a great game and test for us at this time of year!
Thank you Buddha! Thank you Buddha Girl! Great way to start a Sunday morning:-). Bear Down Y'all!
Bangkok Wildcat

RiseAndFire wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:how well 'tah or Az are playing now only matters to a degree. What matters most is if 'Tah does like the first game and goes with strict M2M the entire game, instead of a middle-jamming zone that forces Az outside for shots.

Im guessing tah is still clueless, or they Kryzetelwack is like Miller and refuses to zone D?

Either way, Cats by 6
You're welcome :D
Sweet call RiseAndFire!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Their fans during the game were acting like they were the ones getting bent over and now they are all over social media saying the refs gave us the game.

Par for the course though for that entire state. Went to school there for a year, BYu and Utah fans are the most delusional college fans ive ever encountered
Bangkok Wildcat

rgdeuce wrote:Their fans during the game were acting like they were the ones getting bent over and now they are all over social media saying the refs gave us the game.

Par for the course though for that entire state. Went to school there for a year, BYu and Utah fans are the most delusional college fans ive ever encountered
Sounds like you know them pretty well but there are some classy posts / congrats on Utes.Net. Anyways, they are a tough game for us at Utah.

P.S. Even if we beat them for the next 100 years, I'm still pissed about '98!!!!!!
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:That's a big, big win.

Big.

TJ wants that Final Four, you just know it, for Miller...yes, yes he does.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

rgdeuce wrote:Their fans during the game were acting like they were the ones getting bent over and now they are all over social media saying the refs gave us the game.

Dudes what was a ticky tack for them was not for us. Very frustrating. They had EVERY opportunity to take this game no doubt...and they did not.