And the most hated Arizona player is...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Katzenfreund

And the most hated Arizona player is...

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longhorned

Re: And the most hated Arizona player is...

Post by Longhorned »

What a truly awesome post. Should be published more widely. Thank you, K.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Wow their fans have a lot of class.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The guy talking about TJ having no class and then in the next breath wishing he blows out a knee has hypocrisy on lockdown.

Hope he doesn't blow out HIS knee getting up from the couch in his mother's basement to get some undercooked Totino's pizza rolls.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

McConnell acts the way I would on the court, and I love him for it. I notice small things all the time - smirks, comments, and body language that suggests cockiness and bravado. I think he's expressive and for him, it helps his game.

I can see some of where the opposing fans are coming from, but it's harmless stuff that losers complain about on message boards.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

I have no problem with other fanbases hating him. He's that pesky feisty guy that you love to hate. When I look at the guy, it wouldn't surprise me if he was a jackass bully in grade school but every time I hear him talk, I hear a smart, gracious young man.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yeah, it would suck be a cal fan and see HAAS literally taken over by CATS fans.

McKale Bay Area = Hass.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Oh yea, if he were on another team, we'd hate him. Too much toughness, too much talk, too white, you name it.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Good ol Kentucky
No way Arizona wins a title with McConnell running the show.

He's essentially Aaron Craft - a media love toy with limited overall ability, but decent defense and offensive spurts that make you otherwise forget his limitations.
TJ McConnell sort of reminds me of Aaron Craft. And I don't mean that as a compliment. Don't see him taking a team through six tournament games, same way Craft couldn't with lots of talent in 2011 and 2012.
And the winner?
After watching McConnell tonight, I'm pretty sure in 12 years he's gonna be the dick at the Little League game screaming at his kid, your kid, and the ump. and threatening to fight opposing team parents. This all assuming he doesn't wrap his car around a tree before then.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Why does everyone make the Aaron Craft comparison as if it never occurred to anyone at any point? We get it. They are white and like to play defense. You are not a MENSA candidate if that just occurred to you.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

OMG that was fantastic. What a read. Thx Katz and bosy.

And Chi, I spit out my drink when I read your post. Another Chi classic
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'd hate him so much if he wasn't a cat. I'd hate him like I hated Isaiah Thomas on UW.

A player I hate, cause I wish I had him on my team...

But I do! Fuck em, hate on haters!
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Reminds me of a lot of our comments about Wojo as a player.

Just trying to step back and look at this from a non-Arizona fan's perspective. Where would the difference lie, objectively?

Because if he did pat a Gonzaga player on the butt after a missed FT, I agree that is a flat-out bush league move. I have the game on DVR and haven't watched it in full yet. Hopefully others can fill me in.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

BTW, for the record, TJ was "clapping" or "talking shit" or "patting on the butt" to the biggest ass on the floor, Wesley. Dude was a punk in the PAC and was talking so much shit (well not towards the end) that he deserved the airball and subsequent chokes on his gift at the end. Dude was held scoreless in the 2nd, and talked like he was Kobe in the damn game.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Furthermore, TJ heard all week long about how Pangos was the best PG in the nation. Goodman tweeted about it, and TJ favorited it. TJ even mentioned it in the postgame presser.

If you don't like attitude, get off the TJ bandwagon now...cause it is only gonna get more intense as conference play approaches.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I agree with ODogg, TJ is the guy when he on the other team that you hate but you wish he was on your team
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:Why does everyone make the Aaron Craft comparison as if it never occurred to anyone at any point? We get it. They are white and like to play defense. You are not a MENSA candidate if that just occurred to you.
What about their hair?
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:Why does everyone make the Aaron Craft comparison as if it never occurred to anyone at any point? We get it. They are white and like to play defense. You are not a MENSA candidate if that just occurred to you.
What about their hair?
If it was floppy they'd be universally loved.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I love it that other people hate TJ, Miller and Arizona in general. Just means all is right with the program in the post-Lute era.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

TJ's Future:

FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Are we becoming the new Duke and the team other fans love to hate? It's close to the last step of becoming one of the elite of the elite. The team everyone loves to hate.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Catintheheat wrote:Are we becoming the new Duke and the team other fans love to hate? It's close to the last step of becoming one of the elite of the elite. The team everyone loves to hate.
when we get gifted a Natty through some uber-shady referring (and by shady I m ean out-right unabashed put money on the game cheating), then (and only then) will be the new duke
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Katzenfreund wrote:I have to admit that I didn't pay much attention to TJ after the first FT because I my eyes were still following the trajectory of Wesley's air ball. However, here's the video...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11989512

TJ claps but he doesn't touch Wesley. Zags fans just have a hard time to accept that our guys are tougher than theirs.
In that case, yes. Thank you for pulling that up Katz.

I just wish TJ would make more of his damn throws and even out his assist-to-turnover ratio so there'd be more of a reason to respect him and less of a popularity contest about him.

He really is a scrappy, hard-working guard who would get a lot more positive attention with a consistent stroke and posts who could finish his passes stronger.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Katzenfreund wrote:I have to admit that I didn't pay much attention to TJ after the first FT because I my eyes were still following the trajectory of Wesley's air ball. However, here's the video...

TJ claps but he doesn't touch Wesley. Zags fans just have a hard time to accept that our guys are tougher than theirs.
Even when I take off the homer glasses, I don't see anything wrong in that video.

If zags fans are in a twist about what is shown there....then they're delusional
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

Even when I take off the homer glasses, I don't see anything wrong in that video.

If zags fans are in a twist about what is shown there....then they're delusional
Completely agree. TJ would have probably done the same thing if Wesley had made that first free throw. He is clapping to his teammates and fired up, but he didn't do or say anything to Wesley. I took care of that from home as I yelled "HOLY SHIT THAT'S GONNA BE AN AIR BALL" when the ball was halfway to the hoop and then jumping up and down screaming "YOU ARE SUCH A BITCH WESLEY" as my wife looked at me like I was a psychopath
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

How the hell would you even hear clapping given the decibel level in McKale at that point?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Katzenfreund wrote:Image

Opposing fans, they hate him. They really do. :lol:

Gonzaga Fans
If you have any hostility, for me, it would be for McConnell. Honestly I was glad Johnson graduated because he was very difficult to defend. McConnell I thought acted like a punk and the ref should have warned him a couple times for taunting. I have seen tougher guys get punched in the face on the blacktop at the park for less than what he did.
What was up with McConnell patting Wesley on the back when he missed the first free throw ? Seemed like a bush league move from this side of the televison screen. Something a Sun Devil would do. . .
And btw, McConnell is a punk.
Holy crap McConnell's antics, Ashley kicking around like a little crybaby and of course led by Miller who leads the best team in all the land because of his amazingness.
McConnell had the biggest punk move of the night though...pasting Wesley on the back after missing a free throw?
... more Zags
McConnell is the extension of Miller...a punk...
SDSU Fans
Is it just me, or does McConnell rub any of you the wrong way? His attitude bugs.
Same, I can't put my finger on it but he just annoys me... Great player though
McConnell's actions remind me of Darrington guy that was on UNM, he celebrates every huge play in such an annoying way.
... it is something about his face... very "punchable".
Dude bugs. I mean he has a jumper but his game isn't all that.
Any Arizona player bugs me. McConnell bugs me the same way Aaron Rodgers bugs me...cocky.
He is a punk.
He is indeed. He's a twit and a punk. It's his face, his attitude... oh, I don't know, just so many things.
Don't worry, you're not alone. He did quite a bit of posturing during the game and after AZ beat us in the NCAA tourney last year. In today's game vs. Gonzaga, he was much the same, flexing and running his mouth after hitting shots, and then looking dumbfounded when the refs called him for a foul (numerous times). He also stuck around after the game to "pump up the crowd," but to me, it was his moment to ham it up and gain more attention. And, in case anyone missed it, he was blowing kisses to the crowd (presumably Aztec fans that were giving him a hard time) after returning to the bench in Maui during our tournament...the cameras stayed on him a while and I'm surprised the announcers didn't mention it. He's cocky, immature, and annoying.
Cal Fans
At the end of the game when Gonzaga was trying to make free throws to tie it McConnell was clapping as the guy was about ready to shoot. And after every miss he one go right in the guys face and clap literally inches from his face. That shows you the type of class Arizona. I hope he blows out his knee or someone cold cocks his rat ass. I was surprised to get a technical, I know if a cal player ever did anything like that I would be beyond embarrassed.
McConnell's a punk. He's in disbelief over any foul called against him and is a loudmouth. Reminds me of the zona fans who show up to games at Haas. Most obnoxious in the league, by far.

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh...
Face is so punchable... :lol:

Are there any new ones out there?

This was great.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Katzenfreund wrote:TJ trying that sweaty-nuts-in-your-face move but the Ute wants no part of it.

Damn Katz, you are hilarious! Love that pic / caption.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Remember at Cal last year, late in the game, Cal fans are starting to make noise... and TJ is waving his arms up at them telling them to really get loud. Still one of my favorite TJ moments yet.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

and then he helps the little freshman up off the ground...lol
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I see that pic, and my mind goes "I remember a game where that wasn't called a foul" and then my mind also goes "shut up! that game shall not be mentioned! they were paid off refs! (maybe)"

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

yah...FUCK DUKE
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I see that pic, and my mind goes "I remember a game where that wasn't called a foul" and then my mind also goes "shut up! that game shall not be mentioned! they were paid off refs! (maybe)"

I think that "non-call" all came back to us.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Good article on his bro:
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

is he doing the balls dance from Major League?

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

What is up with those discussion boards with format from the nineties? They hurt my brain.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Katzenfreund wrote:Made new friends in SLC...
McConnell would be really fun to punch in the nose.
Yeah, saw that too.....irony is that most of this hate stems from pure envy! They love to hate him for his passion, intensity, composure, leadership and talent :-). Bet you that if they had TJ, they would be loving him like we do. BTFD and I hope we meet the Utes again in Vegas....am confident that we would put a beat down on them outside of their homecourt.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

TJ's troll game is top shelf. Glad he's a cat
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Isnt that Kyle Dodd?
Bangkok Wildcat

MrBug708 wrote:Isnt that Kyle Dodd?
I guess you're just sad that you have CSA and Baby Bryce instead of CSM and TJ.....Envy sucks doesn't it Mr. Bug? Good luck in the NIT!
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bangkok Wildcat

Good post Katz! Yeah, there are some serious whiners on the Utes board.....after the game, i was impressed by the number of classy posts vs the sore loser ones but lately, they seem to be crying like little babies.....
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Good post Katz! Yeah, there are some serious whiners on the Utes board.....after the game, i was impressed by the number of classy posts vs the sore loser ones but lately, they seem to be crying like little babies.....
This is why I do not want that program to be a consistently great pac 12 team. Their fans are unbearable. I was relieved to get out of that state and never thought I would have to hear them or BYU fans again. Then Larry let them in....

Seriously, you all will see.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Delon Wright will win the POY. Not that he should, but he will.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

My money is on T.J. winning.

Ute fans are actually worse then the Cryin' Illini.