March Madness App (Issues, Overseas)?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bangkok Wildcat

March Madness App (Issues, Overseas)?

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Using a DNS proxy service (Unotelly) with my Bro's US account info to log in. I can access the app and even see the stupid commercials but eact time the commercial is done, I get a 'this video is currently unavailable, please try again later' message......the darn thing worked last year.

Anyone else overseas having this issue? If not, what do you use please? My proxy allows me Netflix and ESPN with no hassles so really bummed and confused now. Thanks in advance!
azthrillhouse

Re: March Madness App (Issues, Overseas)?

Post by azthrillhouse »

They may be getting smarter about locking that app down (though I don't really understand why they would want to prevent anyone in the world from seeing all those Coca-Cola commercials). I tried to connect my iPad to my projector (through VGA) and it said "Airplay not allowed".

Workaround: downloaded TNT app, which required my cable login but did allow for external display.

(Not the same as your problem, but might come in handy for others that have the same thought I did).
Bangkok Wildcat

Thanks Azthrillhouse....was thinking the same thing about them getting smarter :-(. Will try the TNT app and see if that works.

Worst case scenario....I'm flying back to the US in time for the Final Four....maybe that is a good luck sign ;-)
Bangkok Wildcat

Just noticed that the app is giving me times in Thailand time so it's somehow reading past the DNS and knows where I am....anyone have any ideas on how to block this? Thanks!
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

is the video blocked for all games? i seem to remember in previous years the march madness on demand site would blackout certain games, depending on where you were located (or in your case, where your brother is located), so maybe it was just for the game you were trying to stream.

you could also try unlocator (no credit card required for the free trial) or hotspot shield (freemium, and they claim to bypass march madness streaming restrictions)
Bangkok Wildcat

Hey Dirtbags, yeah, they are all blocked....it somehow seems to see me here just like the Unlocator home page did.

Thanks much and will try their trial before the next game! Maybe the key is that I need a VPN over just a DNS provider in the US.....Bear Down.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Just use streaming video from one of the EU sites
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Added VPN and it's working ....although painfully as the VPN is choking the bandwidth :-(. Thanks everyone for your help!