Tarczewski

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Tarczewski

Post by azgreg »

4 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks in the first half. Not bad.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:4 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks in the first half. Not bad.
Pretty good for him. Still brings the ball down too much and has a couple boards or passes, but pretty happy with him the last 10 minutes.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

eoe wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote: He absolutely deserved to be rated so highly out of HS.
Tarc was the 4th highest rated center of his class, 9th best player overall.
Your point?

The other bigs out of the top 30: (a class that supposed to be stacked with bigs)

2. Nerlens Noel
3. Kyle Anderson
4. Isaiah Austin
5. Steven Adams
7. Anthony Bennett
8. Alex Poythress
9. Kaleb Tarczewski
13.Sam Dekker
15. Grant Jerrett
21. Winston Shepard
23. Brandon Ashley
24. Perry Ellis
26. Dajuan Coleman
27. Tony Parker
29. Cameron Ridley
30. Mitch McGary

More than half of the list is still in college and half of the rest should be.
I hope you don't find it surprising that not all (in fact the majority) highly-rated players achieve elite success from the get-go.
Paired down your list to remove players who are more than being true centers like Tarczewski:

2. Nerlens Noel - NBA
4. Isaiah Austin - Would be in NBA but health problems
5. Steven Adams - NBA
9. Kaleb Tarczewski
26. Dajuan Coleman - Knee injury prevented him going to NBA
27. Tony Parker
29. Cameron Ridley
30. Mitch McGary NBA

So that leaves 3 bigs out of 8 who are still in college (not counting Coleman because of injury). Out of these remaining 3, Tarczewski is the only one whose averages are down from last year and he's a big who is averaging 0.5 blocks per game. Tony Parker and Ridley may sniff the NBA because Parker can score (Kaleb cannot) and Ridley can block shots (averaging 1.8 bbg) and Tarczewski cannot.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

R u dumb? No seriously
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Like Merk said he's still prone to botched dunks and turnovers but he had a solid game today. Let's keep it going.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Made free throws, had a nice block and some boards. Solid but not spectacular.

How he keeps missing those bunnies is beyond me...
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

He left about 8 points on the floor tonight. Need those in close games moving forward
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

rgdeuce wrote:He left about 8 points on the floor tonight. Need those in close games moving forward
Definitely. Especially versus the likes of Wisconsin and Kentucky if that comes to fruition.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

If Tarc can ever figure out how to finish consistently--as he has done when p*ssed off--the rest of the country will never see Arizona coming.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN!

Quit with the finesse game.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'll take 8 pts & 9 boards any day from Zeus. Good d as always.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

catgrad97 wrote:If Tarc can ever figure out how to finish consistently--as he has done when p*ssed off--the rest of the country will never see Arizona coming.
Tarc needs to have his face-stomped.

I mean that lovingly. :)
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I like what Tarc said about Kadeem Allen after the game. He said he was a guy he was looking forward to playing with next year. Could be telling
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

azcat49 wrote:I like what Tarc said about Kareem Allen after the game. He said he was a guy he was looking forward to playing with next year. Could be telling
Really??? Source please? Thanks!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Comments in the daily star article. If I knew how to link I would, sorry
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

What?!???
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azcat49 wrote:I like what Tarc said about Kareem Allen after the game. He said he was a guy he was looking forward to playing with next year. Could be telling
Was and is are very different. If he said he is looking forward to playing with as opposed to was looking for forward play with tells me one of the are gone! I'm guessing KT
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Saying anything at this point means nothing. A player could tell you right now, today, that he is defintely coming back and it still means nothing.

Feel free to speculate guys, but if you are debating a "was" and an "is" you are focusing on the wrong things...season isn't even close to over yet.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Bangkok Wildcat

azcat49 wrote:Comments in the daily star article. If I knew how to link I would, sorry
No problem...here it is: http://tucson.com/sports/columnists/han ... 0e81c.html

Excerpt below, very interesting from Tarc:

'.......When Miller reported to practice Friday at the Moda Center, he informed the Wildcats that junior Kadeem Allen, who is redshirting, would play the role of Russell.

You could almost hear the team groan in unison.

All season, Allen, the 2014 national Junior College Player of the Year, has played the practice role of Oregon’s Joseph Young, Stanford’s Chasson Randle or Utah’s Delon Wright.

Allen should get a basketball Academy Award for best supporting player to best impersonate a go-to-guy.

“He’s always the other team’s best player and it’s really an advantage for us,” said Kaleb Tarczewski. “He knows how to attack. He’s a beast: he’s physical, he can get to the rim, move with the ball and is a great athlete. I certainly want to play with him next year.”

Allen is a 6-foot-3-inch combo player, a wing, a shooting guard and a point guard. UA insiders let it be known this year that, at times, he is the club’s top player in practice.

“To guard him is like guarding one of the best players in the country,” said Hollis-Jefferson.

Allen shrugged when asked what his impact impersonating someone like D’Angelo Russell might be.

“I do what I do,” he said. “They just tell me to be like the other team’s best player and I go out and do the best I can.”When Miller reported to practice Friday at the Moda Center, he informed the Wildcats that junior Kadeem Allen, who is redshirting, would play the role of Russell.

You could almost hear the team groan in unison.

All season, Allen, the 2014 national Junior College Player of the Year, has played the practice role of Oregon’s Joseph Young, Stanford’s Chasson Randle or Utah’s Delon Wright.

Allen should get a basketball Academy Award for best supporting player to best impersonate a go-to-guy.

“He’s always the other team’s best player and it’s really an advantage for us,” said Kaleb Tarczewski. “He knows how to attack. He’s a beast: he’s physical, he can get to the rim, move with the ball and is a great athlete. I certainly want to play with him next year.”

Allen is a 6-foot-3-inch combo player, a wing, a shooting guard and a point guard. UA insiders let it be known this year that, at times, he is the club’s top player in practice.

“To guard him is like guarding one of the best players in the country,” said Hollis-Jefferson.

Allen shrugged when asked what his impact impersonating someone like D’Angelo Russell might be.

“I do what I do,” he said. “They just tell me to be like the other team’s best player and I go out and do the best I can.”........'
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:“To guard him is like guarding one of the best players in the country,” said Hollis-Jefferson.
That's some really high praise. Next year's team is going to fun. :)
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

rgdeuce wrote:He left about 8 points on the floor tonight. Need those in close games moving forward
At least. Very frustrating to watch.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

As for NBA.... LOL.
Bangkok Wildcat

AZCatGirl wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:“To guard him is like guarding one of the best players in the country,” said Hollis-Jefferson.
That's some really high praise. Next year's team is going to fun. :)
I was thinking the same thing AZCatGirl! This is the first I've heard of this.....going from having to redshirt to this kind of information on KA is really exciting.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Nice article on Tarc in the USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /70406026/
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Need a big game from him tomorrow night.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Here are Frank Kaminsky's thoughts on Zeus...
Although I am in the right place for me and I wouldn't choose any other place, seeing people like Kaleb Tarczewski piss me off. Like I said, nothing personal against the kid. It's the fact that schools drooled over him and treated him like he crapped gold. Schools like Arizona never wanted me. Those schools never believed that I would be good enough to play for them. That pisses me off. I take it personally when people are touted as better than me.
http://moosebball.blogspot.com/2014/04/ ... ite-8.html
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

New name: Frank The Dick.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not a spectacular list of offers, but a couple of Big 10 schools and 2 good mid-majors isn't really being ignored.

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Wisconsin COMMITTED (06/12/2010) Offered 10/15/2010
Bradley None Offered None
DePaul None Offered None
Northern Illinois None Offered None
Northwestern None Offered None
Southern Ill. None Offered None

But hopefully Zeus reads that too.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:Not a spectacular list of offers, but a couple of Big 10 schools and 2 good mid-majors isn't really being ignored.

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Wisconsin COMMITTED (06/12/2010) Offered 10/15/2010
Bradley None Offered None
DePaul None Offered None
Northern Illinois None Offered None
Northwestern None Offered None
Southern Ill. None Offered None

But hopefully Zeus reads that too.
Must be a typo because that means he committed to Wisconsin before he was offered.

In any case, the school he should hate is Illinois because they suck and they still didn't offer him.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Seriously...did you get a scholarship offer to a top Big 10 team? Yeah? Then STFU with the "overlooked" bullshit
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He didn't even make his varsity high school team until his Junior year. There's a reason why few schools were on him. Kudos to Wisconsin for seeing potential in his gangly pasty body and punchable face.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Then he should respect the kids who maintained a high level for years in the meat market.

His whining just pushes the wrong buttons with me. And, frankly (pun noticed, not intended), it disappoints me...I was a fan of his game. I think he deserves the Wooden and seriously respect what he is capable of. But him working his "from humble beginnings" story into a slag on his opponents is sad
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

He didn't slag on his opponents really, but he would've been better off not using names. Zeus was built like an adult when he was in high school, so of course the colleges drooled over him. No one could've seen Kaminsky's game in high school and predicted the level of success he's had. He's worked on his game and developed to where he is today while he was at Wisconsin. Props to them for seeing it and developing his game. Bitching about others not having seen it is a waste of time.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Frank could have got his point across without stepping on Tarc. All the shit he said was completely meaningless and had nothing to do with Arizona.

The kid just sounds angry and vindictive along with being childish.

Now I hope NC run's their ass into the ground. I don't even want that guy to get a chance to play against us. I just want him to be humbled as he watches us beat NC for the FF berth.

I hope Tarc and the rest of the team has a freaking game for the ages after reading what he said.
Bangkok Wildcat

Gladiator Cat wrote:Frank could have got his point across without stepping on Tarc. All the shit he said was completely meaningless and had nothing to do with Arizona.

The kid just sounds angry and vindictive along with being childish.

Now I hope NC run's their ass into the ground. I don't even want that guy to get a chance to play against us. I just want him to be humbled as he watches us beat NC for the FF berth.

I hope Tarc and the rest of the team has a freaking game for the ages after reading what he said.
+1.....although, I'd be just as happy to meet Frank the Dick and Wiscy in the Elite 8 for some revenge....BUT, need to stay focused on Xavier right now.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Chicat wrote:Here are Frank Kaminsky's thoughts on Zeus...
Although I am in the right place for me and I wouldn't choose any other place, seeing people like Kaleb Tarczewski piss me off. Like I said, nothing personal against the kid. It's the fact that schools drooled over him and treated him like he crapped gold. Schools like Arizona never wanted me. Those schools never believed that I would be good enough to play for them. That pisses me off. I take it personally when people are touted as better than me.
Wow.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I wasn't on here during the game, but I am sure that there were people lamenting Zeus. Give the guy credit, after being abused in the first he outplayed fatass in the 2nd.

I mean Stainbrook didn't have a foul called (he fouled several times) until the game was 3/4 over. Zeus brought it on the boards, from the line, and stepped up when needed. For all of you who asked why Ristic isn't starting over Zeus, this is why. Ristic has a long way to go defensively to even limit a guy like Stainbrook.

Stainbrook tired out, and couldn't do anything...and most of that credit goes to Zues with an assist from Bash towards the end.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Zeus played a long time with three fouls and his fourth was ticky-tack and I thought kind of a shitty call. No matter what his stat line, his ability to stay on the floor and dial up his defensive intensity should earn all kinds of respect from anyone who watched that game. Tack on an impressive 12 point, 12 rebound (5 offensive), 6-6 FT night and you just witnessed a game that should give a lot of people second thoughts on what he brings to the table.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Tarczewski was huge tonight. Here's to him shutting Kaminski down on Saturday, and then Kaminsky having an NBA career reminiscent of Adam Morrison.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

I thought Zeus played well. Not effective guarding the post and never has been, so no surprise there. He did everything else right including pushing people around and scrapping for boards, with some attitude. Another game like that against Wiscy is exactly what we need.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

I hope that kid Kaleb shows up big and makes Frank regret name dropping him in that blog.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Dosia's favorite player :)
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

:lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Come on tarc...hopeful frank the dicks blog is the "chase face stomp" that tarc needs to get going tomorrow.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

What's the Frank blog everyone is talking about?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Miller finally doubled Stainbrook late yesterday, so they might try it again against Kaminsky.
Dosia wrote:I hope that kid Kaleb shows up big and makes Frank regret name dropping him in that blog.
Seriously, if that won't get Zeus fired up nothing will.

That 4th foul on Tarc made Miller livid. That Stainbrook just fell down when both were jostling for position.
Alieberman wrote:What's the Frank blog everyone is talking about?
He said that everyone treated Tarczewski like he crapped gold and completely ignored him. Although he did get offers from 2 Big 10 schools and 2 good mid majors.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote: Seriously, if that won't get Zeus fired up nothing will.

That 4th foul on Tarc made Miller livid. That Stainbrook just fell down when both were jostling for position.
I know some fans who were livid too :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote:What's the Frank blog everyone is talking about?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Z needs to stay out of foul trouble while shutting down the paint. Brandon, Rondae, and Stanley can help out as the game unfolds. K's not unstoppable, especially with a healthy RHJ. Faster hands to the ball inside wins the TO battle. TJ needs to work his magic on both sides of the ball.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Looks like the original source is PGU, so take that for what it's worth. Thought Book got slapped down for talking to Ace, so no idea who their source is now.