And the most hated Arizona player is...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catgrad97

Re: And the most hated Arizona player is...

Post by catgrad97 »

Olsondogg wrote:Delon Wright will win the POY. Not that he should, but he will.
Yep. It's the Pac-12. Wright will take the honor, Utes will struggle to make the conference tourney finals and be done with their season for a week by the time they can watch Arizona make the Final Four.

That's not just forum smack, either. While Utah had a formidable team for most of this season, NCAAs are a whole other level of play I don't think that team of K's is really ready for.
a4ragtop

Post by a4ragtop »

TJ getting Randle to foul out with 5 minutes left, was just a thing of beauty (if getting inside the opponent's best player's head deep enough to get him to remove himself from his most important game of the year can be said to have beauty.)

Stanford board had to go back 40-some years to find another player whom they hated as much (Mark Barwig???) http://thecardboard.org/board/index.php ... 839.0.html

That is one of the ways that I love TJ. As I said, with TJ on the floor, this team has no limit. He can win a game in every way that there is to win.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Like I said, his troll game is top shelf
Zona_Soccer10

Post by Zona_Soccer10 »

The hate is ridiculous, but the trolling is real. McConnell is here to play ball and win, not make friends with opposing fans. I love his passion, and I feel that's what the opposition wish they had. A leader with such drive, emotion, and vision.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

And T.J. wins the 2015 annual 'Haters Ball!

HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!
Mike Luke's burner account.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I thought TJ would inspire hate like Aaron Craft at OSU or even some of the Dukies over the years like Reddick.

I haven't seen it. Oh, he gets into their heads and is passionate. But the smile on his face gives him away. He is just loving every second on the court, and doesn't dive on the floor to show off or pound the court to show up opponents. He just plays hard, yet in control, ball, and right now, he is as close to automatic as a college point guard gets when it comes to making the right decision.

Though I will be there to enjoy, I wish we could skip the Vegas tournament and get straight to the NCAAs. Because we are ready. Right now.

The only thing that sucks about this time of year...the ONLY thing...is it will all be over soon.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I had a feeling that he would be this kind of player for us when he transferred in almost 3 years ago now.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Can anyone repost the picture of him kissing the "A" center court? I got a little choked up when I saw that live.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

The Butcher wrote:Can anyone repost the picture of him kissing the "A" center court? I got a little choked up when I saw that live.
http://www.beardownwildcats.com/viewtop ... &start=150

Post 155 on that thread (so 5th one down)
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

EVCat wrote:I thought TJ would inspire hate like Aaron Craft at OSU or even some of the Dukies over the years like Reddick.

I haven't seen it. Oh, he gets into their heads and is passionate. But the smile on his face gives him away. He is just loving every second on the court, and doesn't dive on the floor to show off or pound the court to show up opponents. He just plays hard, yet in control, ball, and right now, he is as close to automatic as a college point guard gets when it comes to making the right decision.

Though I will be there to enjoy, I wish we could skip the Vegas tournament and get straight to the NCAAs. Because we are ready. Right now.

The only thing that sucks about this time of year...the ONLY thing...is it will all be over soon.
yeah, I hate when it is all over. I'm hoping there are 9 games left. That's alot of season.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Thanks. That moment was awesome. He was about to burst into tears with emotion. Good for him. He deserves it. Damn fine Wildcat.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

The Butcher wrote:Thanks. That moment was awesome. He was about to burst into tears with emotion. Good for him. He deserves it. Damn fine Wildcat.
For me one of the most important things you can do is win the regular season title (I see the tournament as basically random unless you take a six or eight or ten year sample).

He has been here two years and won the regular season title both of those years by 3 games each time. I don't know if that makes him a top 10 Wildcat of all time (it probably doesn't: but this year's tourney could change that), but it puts him in the conversation.

So cheers to our leader...he's put himself right in the conversation with all the greats and in the end, that might be all you can ask for.

Three cheers for TJMC!!!!
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Katzenfreund wrote:Image
Book was crying harder than TJ.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Zona_Soccer10 wrote:The hate is ridiculous, but the trolling is real. McConnell is here to play ball and win, not make friends with opposing fans. I love his passion, and I feel that's what the opposition wish they had. A leader with such drive, emotion, and vision.
The hate is highly predictable, and a huge compliment. Think about it... if TJ played for UCLA, he would be mighty high on the list of Bruin villains.

Unbridled passion... tough as nails... living definition of scrappy... and uber-clutch. The kind of player who is your absolute favorite if he is on your team, and the kind you hate if he isn't - he is either fulfilling your dreams or crushing them.

An ASU buddy of mine and I discussed this several years ago; his all-time least favorite FB Cats were Chuck Cecil and Tedy Bruschi; mine were Pat Tillman and Adam Archuleta. I hated Danny Ainge for many reasons until he came to play for the Suns... then I loved him - for all those same reasons. Any opposing fan who says they hate him and do not respect him - or wish he was on their team - is lying or fooling themselves.

Hate and respect is the greatest compliment a rival fan base can offer. Wear that badge with pride, TJ. You've earned it, and you deserve it.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I could've put this in the SJ chemistry thread:
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Now they know how everyone felt about Aaron Craft.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Just want to put a bullet in his brain.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Katzenfreund wrote:Buckeyes
In a bitter, petty fashion, I will root for McConnell to go 0-10 every game from here on-ward.
If I hear McConnell's name slobbered on by the announcer's in the next game, I will punch my TV.
2 role players - mcconnell and york - completely destroyed us today.
T.J. a ‘role player‘... ImageImage
hahahahahahahahahahah :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update: