Texas Southern

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat34

Texas Southern

Post by azcat34 »

Head Coach is Mike Davis, and they have a name from the past Chris Thomas. I can't imagine how many schools he's been at to land with them.

They also seem to be very small, 6'1", 6'1", 6'5", 6'5", 6'9". Should crush them on the boards.

Here's their stats and roster.

http://tsuball.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

http://tsuball.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2014&
CalStateTempe

Re: Texas Southern

Post by CalStateTempe »

what time is tip?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

CalStateTempe wrote:what time is tip?
Schedule comes out tonight.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Best up on their conference. Had two big wins against msu and ksu but also were destroyed by Indiana and gonzaga. Rebound and defend the guards and should be ok
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Zero

Post by Zero »

My favorite time of the year! 4th avenue street fair and Arizona Tourney basketball. Cannot wait.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Zero wrote:My favorite time of the year! 4th avenue street fair and Arizona Tourney basketball. Cannot wait.

When is the Street Fair? This Fri, Sat, Sun?
Zero

Post by Zero »

Yup! Gotta go on a food fast before I gorge myself with some food down there. haha
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lived in Tucson almost 10 years...never been to the street fair
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Good food but lots and lots of people. There are some wine tasting booths and all the bars are open and most showing the games. Omalleys usually has a big tent outside with the games. My buddy is the manager there and I'll find out if they are gonna be doing it this year. Watched the Gonzaga game there last tourney.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

CBCat wrote:
Zero wrote:My favorite time of the year! 4th avenue street fair and Arizona Tourney basketball. Cannot wait.

When is the Street Fair? This Fri, Sat, Sun?
It used to be the second weekend of the tourney. Not sure about this year.
Zero

Post by Zero »

It's this coming weekend.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Every journey begins with a single step.

Texas Southern, prepare to be stepped on.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

tnt, meh
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Zero

Post by Zero »

I hate Reggie Miller but I like Harlen.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

that is an awful time for me but i'll make it work. :)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

are the first and second rounds going to be free again this year?

online that is.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Texas Southern started the season with a 3-10 record. They're currently on an 11 game winning streak like Arizona
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

But the SOB's didn't cover the spread vs. Southern, cost me money. Destroy them we must.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:are the first and second rounds going to be free again this year?

online that is.
I believe the NCAA March Madness app will have all the games streamed for free this year. I just downloaded it again and I'm pretty sure I watched all the UA games here in Bangkok using it...after we lost to Wisconsin, I can't recall if I watched anymore though......too painful to watch after UA lost.....I still think NJ got SCREWED on that phantom charge call in last seconds of regulation!
Bangkok Wildcat

Does anyone know of replays of the games will be available? Either legit or bootleg?
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bangkok Wildcat

Katzenfreund wrote:A little gallows humor...
OK you guys this game is within our grasp. UofA is not a Kentucky and the Pac 12 is the weakest of the traditional power conferences this year so they not all that.

Arizona beat UTEP by 5 points.

UTEP lost to NMSU by 7 points.

We lost to NMSU by 2 points. See where I'm going with this.
Oh Man, guess we know the quality of education at TXSO.....geez, that's really flawed logic there......I guess Vegas doesn't know what their doing then with us favored by 23 points. ;-)
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:are the first and second rounds going to be free again this year?

online that is.
I believe the NCAA March Madness app will have all the games streamed for free this year. I just downloaded it again and I'm pretty sure I watched all the UA games here in Bangkok using it...after we lost to Wisconsin, I can't recall if I watched anymore though......too painful to watch after UA lost.....I still think NJ got SCREWED on that phantom charge call in last seconds of regulation!
How'd you do that? Never been able to log in because they want to know your US television provider...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

OK you guys this game is within our grasp. UofA is not a Kentucky and the Pac 12 is the weakest of the traditional power conferences this year so they not all that.

Wow, it's a wasteland over there. They have a single thread for all hoops discussion, except for two threads created after their upset wins against majors. Maybe we can get some of them over here for some discussion this week...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Puerco wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:

online that is.
How'd you do that? Never been able to log in because they want to know your US television provider...
Hey Puerco, I piggyback off my Bro's account out of Houston (an Aggie who won't be dancing unfortunately) and also use a DNS proxy called Unotelly. I don't think you have to have the proxy but I use it for Netflix anyways...you do need someone's US TV provider....don't you have any family or friends in the US?

Hope you can get it....was really cool last year!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:

online that is.
Hey Puerco, I piggyback off my Bro's account out of Houston (an Aggie who won't be dancing unfortunately) and also use a DNS proxy called Unotelly. I don't think you have to have the proxy but I use it for Netflix anyways...you do need someone's US TV provider....don't you have any family or friends in the US?

Hope you can get it....was really cool last year!
Cool, thanks. I'll try that.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Puerco wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:

online that is.
Puerco, you can subscribe to a VPN service that will change where you access the Internet from. I used a VPN while living in China to make it appear as if I was on the net from somewhere else. This was how I bypassed thE Red Curtain and what not.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Thanks, WS. I thought about that while I was in Asia, but now in Europe there's not that much need. All the official video streaming services make you input actual US provider account information, so the VPN doesn't help with that. The unofficial ones work just fine, though. :)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Transitive property, son!

My major concern would be having to play in the morning. That's weird for a college basketball player, and it can make it hard to hit your stride.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Puerco wrote:

Wow, it's a wasteland over there. They have a single thread for all hoops discussion, except for two threads created after their upset wins against majors. Maybe we can get some of them over here for some discussion this week...
Let them have their fun, they aren't as accustomed to endlessly analyzing and constantly bickering amongst themselves
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

1stNGrant Frys wrote:
Puerco wrote:

Let them have their fun, they aren't as accustomed to endlessly analyzing and constantly bickering amongst themselves
They're more the norm among CBB fan bases. We have a very large, passionate fan base, and the downside is massive overanalysis of every time Stanley misses a defensive assignment, having visceral reactions at the name Jerrett and breaking down tweets from 17 year olds like the Zapruder film.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

At least they aren't using Santa Clara in their reasoning.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:They're more the norm among CBB fan bases. We have a very large, passionate fan base, and the downside is massive overanalysis of every time Stanley misses a defensive assignment, having visceral reactions at the name Jerrett and breaking down tweets from 17 year olds like the Zapruder film.
Why you gotta go shitting on my life? This basement may be dank but it's home!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:They're more the norm among CBB fan bases. We have a very large, passionate fan base, and the downside is massive overanalysis of every time Stanley misses a defensive assignment, having visceral reactions at the name Jerrett and breaking down tweets from 17 year olds like the Zapruder film.
Why you gotta go shitting on my life? This basement may be dank but it's home!
I didn't mean to do that. I figured it wouldn't draw blood until I referenced melting down after losing at ASU. That's usually the high point for saying things we don't really mean.

I think I said I was done with Arizona basketball with about 15 seconds left at Wells Fargo as a reference point.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Texas Southern is 0-5 in the tournament. We're 51-30.

That's a lot of teams that thought they had a chance because of our soft conference.

Right where I want to be.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Katzenfreund wrote:Their latest game, the SWAC tourney final, in full length.

Oh my god. At the 1:22 mark of the video, with 27 seconds left in the game there was a horrific flagrant foul that got a kid ejected. But it was incredibly awesome!!! He comes flying in on a breakaway with a back neck closeline, slams the kid to the ground and then his teammate tried to hang on the rim and fell right on top of the poor dude on the ground with a forearm or elbow, completely crushing the guy.

I have seen the videos of people getting jacked up with the RKO out of nowhere sound (Randy Orton). I'd love to see something like this done for that play. Too hysterical.

This is what I'm talking about.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like they shut that shit down for non TSU fans.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

i gotta say, i was a little bummed that a UofA fan actually registered and posted on the tsu board to respond and talk some trash. seems way below the standards of our fanbase and kind of a bully move, if you ask me. better to let Arizona's game do the talking in this case.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Thanks Katz, I appreciate that. I'm not one to go on another teams board and give them crap (ASSu excluded from that). qwertyus is another one who has gone on to other boards and represented us very well.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I second the nomination for Greg and Bangkok as Arizona fan ambassadors.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Not a bad idea at all.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This is a rad idea! Fully Support.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Years ago, there was a lot more cross-posting. Some ambassadors from other schools emerged. Calhoopfan, Karpman from ASU, some UCLA posters.. Used to frequent a Stanford board. This was before widespread metrics. They had their own. They let me hang out as long as I was civil.

Don't see it as much now. Then again, I stay put these days, figuring the trolling would be unbearable.
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Katzenfreund wrote:
azgreg wrote:Thanks Katz, I appreciate that. I'm not one to go on another teams board and give them crap (ASSu excluded from that). qwertyus is another one who has gone on to other boards and represented us very well.
¡De nada, Greg! Yeah, let's add qwertyus as well.

The thing is, this wouldn't be just an empty title, as you guys will be authorized to deliver diplomatic protest notes on behalf of the Arizona fanbase or certain fans. For example, if opposing fans insist that Arizona has been weak in the offensive rebound category during conference play, you can educate them about Pac-12 officiating and Miller's strategy of avoiding foul trouble. Or when Oregon fans believe that Joe Young manifested his POY title during the Pac-12 tournament, you can point out how he behaved like a woman (slapping Tarczewski) at the end of another beatdown.
So long as they are not empowered to enter any treaties with ASU/ASU fans without prior approval, I support this.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The ambassadors also have to return here and report what they witnessed.