That RHJ injury

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

VoltronX

That RHJ injury

Post by VoltronX »

I hope to God that guy is ready to go for the next game.. anyone hear anything? I had the worst feeling of sadness and anger when I saw that... Unbelievable...

Sorry if this has been posted already.
UAEebs86

Re: That RHJ injury

Post by UAEebs86 »

Left knee sprain - should be able to go Sat.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

VoltronX wrote:I hope to God that guy is ready to go for the next game.. anyone hear anything? I had the worst feeling of sadness and anger when I saw that... Unbelievable...

Sorry if this has been posted already.
He has a knee sprain. Will get treatment, but is good to go.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Love RHJ but that dude sure is dramatic. Looked like the Shaun Livingston injury out there.

Reminded me of when he hurt his shoulder v. Cal.

Both injuries I thought the Cats season was over.

Maybe it's me that's too dramatic.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

Merkin wrote:Love RHJ but that dude sure is dramatic. Looked like the Shaun Livingston injury out there.

Maybe, but I'd give him some leeway as he got clipped pretty hard by Stanimal who was cutting through pretty damn fast. Maybe the (over)reaction was in part due to shock, anger, and worry about being injured when he knows everyone is needed to make a deep run? Gotta give him credit for coming out to play so quick; my guess is he's playing with some significant pain.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAtrue wrote:
Merkin wrote:Love RHJ but that dude sure is dramatic. Looked like the Shaun Livingston injury out there.

Maybe, but I'd give him some leeway as he got clipped pretty hard by Stanimal who was cutting through pretty damn fast. Maybe the (over)reaction was in part due to shock, anger, and worry about being injured when he knows everyone is needed to make a deep run? Gotta give him credit for coming out to play so quick; my guess is he's playing with some significant pain.
Didn't mean to imply that it didn't hurt, I am sure the pain was tremendous. Stanimal is a man out there in beast mode.

No doubt he was immediately iced after the game, and then some.

Not a doctor, but kind of surprised he didn't have a neoprene brace on just to keep the swelling down.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Merkin basically quoted Miller who has referred to RHJ loving drama before.

I think he got scared, again, from an injury. But there is no doubt he is tough, several examples of that throughout the year and a huge one last night. Didn't have his best game obviously, but he was huge at the end.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

LOS ANGELES -- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson suffered a left knee sprain that left him sore in Thursday's game and will probably leave him sore all day Friday.

Oh well. This is not the time of year to rest.

"We’ll treat the heck out of it," UA trainer Justin Kokoskie said. "Don’t have much of a choice right now."

"It kind of felt weird but people come back from that stuff all the time," Hollis-Jefferson said. "I just came back out there."

UA coach Sean Miller was impressed.

"He's a very tough kid," Miller said. "We’ll take tomorrow and be smart with him. He should be OK."

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/u ... 4d05c.html
Oilfield Cat

Post by Oilfield Cat »

Not sure of the severity - but as he grabbed that rebound in last minute and I was screaming with joy...I thought to myself - "I think maybe the knee is OK!"
gumby

Post by gumby »

That final rebound was a thing of beauty. What an athlete. i dream of jumping like that. Looks fun.
Right where I want to be.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

When Rondae hit the floor, I was a little freaked out. Thankfully, he's okay to play on Saturday. Things would be incredibly dicey otherwise.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Scared the absolute poo outta me.