UTEP Cancelled

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCatInTheHat

UTEP Cancelled

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

Was able to get the Grambling game streamed to my laptop on the road. Jordan Brown looked solid, but otherwise plenty of room for improvement, as they let Grambling climb back into it for awhile in the second half before pulling away. Could have used Kerr Kriisa's outside shooting, too, so I hope the NCAA jackasses grudgingly relent sooner than later. El Paso's had a bad Covid situation, and that affected somebody on UTEP's team, so they scratched for the Sunday game. Apparently New Mexico State (next door in Las Cruces) has been worried enough about it to basically spend their season in Phoenix. Not sure how they afford that, or if they've read that the state of Arizona has it's own problems, but whatever. It might be like the Stanford football situation of temporarily moving out of town due to differences with local health bureaucrat types. Don't know if it's up to date, but the Aggies' official schedule shows they're available, and the name of the game these days is flexibility. Two hour bus ride, so I'd say it's worth the phone call, but that's me.