What the hell is going to happen from here

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Fendicent4ever

What the hell is going to happen from here

Post by Fendicent4ever »

So here we are. Incoherent rants incoming. Apologies if this belongs in another thread.

Whatever you think about Miller, wherever book buried the bodies, two decades after Minneapolis, we will see if this is really a basketball school.

Those of you in the know (97, Choo, and others) do you have any confidence that we will get a tier 1, elite coach? I feel so angry and sad right now. Sad for Dalen and his family, Kerr and the Tubelis brothers, the kid who committed LAST NIGHT, at how amateur Bobby Robbins is. Nevermind dicking Ira Lee out of what was certainly a March Madness appearance his senior year, and im assuming trying to hide behind performance as the why...

Angry that this guy has completely taken my alma mater off the rails. The AD has a no show job and gets to pontificate at his lakehouse in Michigan all day. My biggest fear is ASU taking over this state, with Arizona simultaneously becoming UNM- a decent, yet dusty academic school that hosted some big basketball games in the days before HD tv was a thing. Right now its hard not to feel like these things are more in motion than any other outcome.

Arizona as a brand doesn't feel dynamic right now the way it did in the early 2000s despite all of Jedd Fischs tweets. Crappy uniforms, empty stadium, NCAA dragging its ass for the better part of a half decade on some pretty nondescript charges, all things considered.

Is it over? I'm talking revenue sports only. God bless Adia and Jay Johnson, but this school feels pretty second rate with Bobby at the wheel.
azpatnca

Re: What the hell is going to happen from here

Post by azpatnca »

OSU was pac10 champs in like 1981, 82, 83. Then they dropped off and just recently made to 25 (preseason) fire the first time since 1990?

So, I mean, maybe it will take 40 years to recover. You never know. Hitting reset on a program is hard everywhere, but especially if you're not in the protected tier.