Will Parks

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ghostwhitehorse

Will Parks

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id ... ason-grind
Arizona safety Will Parks is adding a new wrinkle to a laborious training regimen designed to prepare his body for the 2015 season: boxing.

Parks enters the ring multiple times weekly, muscling through six different sets of punch combinations as he strives to improve his balance, timing and power as a defensive back.
Gilbertcat

Re: Will Parks

Post by Gilbertcat »

Will be a turnover machine with the quick hits on the ball.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Holy shit. Willy from Philly is yoked.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Will Parks makes Athon Sports' 10 most underrated players in the P12.
Will Parks, S, Arizona

Arizona’s defense has room to improve after allowing 451 yards per game last season, but there were a few bright spots for coordinator Jeff Casteel. Linebacker Scooby Wright is arguably the top defender in college football, and Parks had a breakout campaign in his first year as a full-time starter. Parks started all 14 games for the Wildcats and recorded 81 stops (13 for a loss), one sack, two interceptions and eight pass breakups. With some new faces stepping into the starting lineup around Parks, the senior should be the leader for Arizona’s secondary this season.
Hard to call a player on the Maxwell Award watch list underrated. No disrespect to Parks, who I think could have an all-conference season, but, I wouldn't have him on this list because he is too well thought of to be on an underrated list.

I like Samajie Grant as a player with all-conference potential who has yet to get any preseason buzz for our most underrated player.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Nice article from Parks home town paper. Just a few of the paragraphs:
When William Parks attended Germantown High School, he was known as a leader in the classroom and on the football field. Considering that the school closed a year after Parks' 2012 graduation, he fills the role of the last great athlete to graduate from the 99-year-old institution.

. . .

Parks — who was named defensive MVP of the 2013 Independence Bowl — discussed what it means to be already placed on the pre-season watch list of candidates for the honor.

"It's a humbling experience. I was telling my dad about it and he said I can use that as motivation now that people are realizing what I can do on the field," he said. "He told me to go out and not just do good things, but great things, to have a season like no one thought you could ever have. It's time to work even harder because you're starting to make a name for yourself."
People around the county are finally noticing what U of A girls already knew. Parks is a player.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Will Parks coming up on Jim Rome next.

http://www.sportsradio1290am.com

EDIT: Not yet. Must be on a later segment.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I ended up missing it. :(

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Am I the only one that gets a lump in my throat when I see our top players listed like this (brought to the top of the boards with a new post)? I'm always worried it will have a tweet in the body stating "Willie Parks dismissed from team / arrested / etc."

Scares the shit out of me. We are this close to being a great program again losing a Parks or similar players will kill us.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Willy Parks working out at CDM main beach in Newport!
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS