Arizona Uniform Combo Tracker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Arizona Uniform Combo Tracker

Post by ASUHATER! »

Weird for the Nevada fans too since they usually wear all blue at home.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Thank goodness we're finally wearing at-least one of our natural school colors again.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Thank goodness we're finally wearing at-least one of our natural school colors again.
...what?

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:Weird for the Nevada fans too since they usually wear all blue at home.
They despise red, so maybe that had something to do with it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Thank goodness we're finally wearing at-least one of our natural school colors again.
When did we not?
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Well Greg all you have to do is stop drinking heavily during games and look no further than the last game against UTSA. We were wearing ****ing "orange" pants for crying out-loud. Their not red....the pants are orange.

The helmets were red and the pants were orange. Don't even get me started on the ugly shit on our selves.

You are seriously going to defend the ugly shit that Nike has produced for us the last few years.

Without the freaking microscopic block “A” on our helmets I wouldn't even know it was Arizona playing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Well Greg all you have to do is stop drinking heavily during games and look no further than the last game against UTSA. We were wearing ****ing "orange" pants for crying out-loud. Their not red....the pants are orange.

The helmets were red and the pants were orange. Don't even get me started on the ugly shit on our selves.

You are seriously going to defend the ugly shit that Nike has produced for us the last few years.

Without the freaking microscopic block “A” on our helmets I wouldn't even know it was Arizona playing.
Um. No. No orange was worn. We wore cardinal red pants. That is our official school color.

You should probably go to the eye doctor or adjust your tv settings.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Well Greg all you have to do is stop drinking heavily during games and look no further than the last game against UTSA. We were wearing ****ing "orange" pants for crying out-loud. Their not red....the pants are orange.

Need a hug man?

The pants looked red to me.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

I know what our colors are and that crap you all call red pants were in-fact a shade of orange.

Defend it all you want, knock your socks off.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Maybe you should take a look over here at a new TV.

http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=tv%2 ... ksdevice=c

It's easy for me to spot the orange pants in this picture.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Gladiator Cat wrote:I know what our colors are and that crap you all call red pants were in-fact a shade of orange.

it's red. Color matched exactly to the school's official trademark/copyright colors.

So 1.your tv is broken 2.you have bad vision 3.you don't know what our colors are

I'm guessing it's all 3

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Gladiator Cat wrote:We were wearing ****ing "orange" pants for crying out-loud. Their not red....the pants are orange.
The helmets were red and the pants were orange.
Ay...estas boracho?...those pantalones are rojo. :lol:
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Yeah as much fun as it might be to get into another schools colors debate with hater, those pants were 100% red and our school colors. Might need to calibrate your tv.
beames

Post by beames »

Can't we all just agree to blame the Pac12 network?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Getting exact matches of the color on three different surfaces must be difficult. The red of the helmet will look different than the red on the pants and jersey because it's a more reflective surface.

Anyhoo - It didn't look orange to me.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Such passion for fashion.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

UALoco wrote:Predictions for the ASU game?

I predict white, blue, white....closest to the unis we wore in the 80's

Come to think of it, why don't we have any throwback uni's....with block red "A" and all? Watching the '86 game special on Pac12..I was diggin' those uni's.
Because it would put the current unis to shame.
Right where I want to be.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Big fan of the all Blue look. I thought the team looked slick last night.

and i also like the idea of a matte helmet...maybe the copper domes if they ever make a comeback
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Nevada 12 Sept 2015 - True Blue.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote: it's red. Color matched exactly to the school's official trademark/copyright colors.
Dude you have to stop referring to copyrights and trademarks every time this discussion of school colors comes up. The colors, in and of themselves, are not subject to either. Copyright refers to the rights associated with the written word for the most part (i.e., copy) - the right to copy (e.g., words, songs, pictures, books, literature, articles, website content). Copyrights have nothing to do with colors. Period. Trademarks have to do with protected designs such as a logo like the block A or the Arizona saguaro cactus design, or words and slogans like Bear Down or Beast Mode (Lynch has trademarked the phrase and he protects it. I've seen the letters from his lawyers). Those protected designs can certainly incorporate colors as a specific part of the design, or you can protect a design in plain black and white. The colors, blue and red - whatever the "official" pantones are in and of themselves, are not copyrighted or trademarked by the UofA without reference to a specific design or logo, and certainly not for the uniforms.

You shouldn't spout off with such authority, as you typically do, when you don't know what you're talking about. It's tiresome.

For the record, I think the shade and appearance of the red helmets and red numbers have improved over the last couple of years. It's darker, more cardinal if you will. I used to think it was pretty neon day-glo, not orange as GC perceives, but too bright.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

BearDown89 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: it's red. Color matched exactly to the school's official trademark/copyright colors.
Dude you have to stop referring to copyrights and trademarks every time this discussion of school colors comes up. The colors, in and of themselves, are not subject to either. Copyright refers to the rights associated with the written word for the most part (i.e., copy) - the right to copy (e.g., words, songs, pictures, books, literature, articles, website content). Copyrights have nothing to do with colors. Period. Trademarks have to do with protected designs such as a logo like the block A or the Arizona saguaro cactus design, or words and slogans like Bear Down or Beast Mode (Lynch has trademarked the phrase and he protects it. I've seen the letters from his lawyers). Those protected designs can certainly incorporate colors as a specific part of the design, or you can protect a design in plain black and white. The colors, blue and red - whatever the "official" pantones are in and of themselves, are not copyrighted or trademarked by the UofA without reference to a specific design or logo, and certainly not for the uniforms.

You shouldn't spout off with such authority, as you typically do, when you don't know what you're talking about. It's tiresome.

For the record, I think the shade and appearance of the red helmets and red numbers have improved over the last couple of years. It's darker, more cardinal if you will. I used to think it was pretty neon day-glo, not orange as GC perceives, but too bright.
if you want more info http://licensing.arizona.edu/sites/lice ... uide_0.pdf
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:

if you want more info http://licensing.arizona.edu/sites/lice ... uide_0.pdf
Yeah, I've read all of that stuff before many times. You'll note the title, "The University of Arizona Logo and Color Standards." They're rules and protocols that the UofA has adopted for the proper way to use the logos and colors on University prints and publications. You'll note that many of the logos include the "R" with the circle around it indicating that it is a federally registered trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The manual itself may be subject to copyright, but the colors are not copyrighted or trademarked.

Here's the University's Trademarks and Licensing site. Check out the logo sheet. It shows all of the marks that are protected. Also note, for the record, that each one of those sheets lists the school colors as red, blue, copper and white.

http://licensing.arizona.edu/
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

you linked me to the site i just linked you to? kaaaaay.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You're wrong bd89. Pure and simple. In school I worked for the bookstore receiving department. One of our main tasks was making sure that all the clothing or anything in Arizona colors or with Arizona logos on it match exactly to licensing and the copyrights/trademarks. The athletic department doesn't just send off an order for generic red jerseys and hope for the best. At the book store if anything was found to be the wrong color or logo...we could be fined $500 PER item.

You simply just don't know what you are talking about ok?

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Please, blue jerseys and white pants.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I wish the white helmets had stripes

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:You're wrong bd89. Pure and simple. In school I worked for the bookstore receiving department. One of our main tasks was making sure that all the clothing or anything in Arizona colors or with Arizona logos on it match exactly to licensing and the copyrights/trademarks. The athletic department doesn't just send off an order for generic red jerseys and hope for the best. At the book store if anything was found to be the wrong color or logo...we could be fined $500 PER item.

You simply just don't know what you are talking about ok?
The colors are not trademarked, nor are they copyrighted. Plain and simple. You were matching color pantones on licensed products. Good for you. I never said the AD or the bookstore or Nike or anyone else orders or makes any product in anything but the approved red, blue, copper or white pantones approved on the logo sheet.

Anyone in the world can use those colors and the UofA has no protected rights in those colors except in conjunction with and as used in UofA trademarks.

Oh, by the way, I do a fair bit of intellectual property in my law practice. I've actually obtained trademarks for clients. I do indeed know what I'm talking about.

Fool.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:you linked me to the site i just linked you to? kaaaaay.
Your link was actually to a pdf download of the logo and color standards document for printed materials and publications. I linked to the home page of the licensing site. To point out the logo sheet which I thought was also relevant to the conversation.

Kaaaaay?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Somehow you think there's no way I could have already been to the website that I got that link from, odd.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Somehow you think there's no way I could have already been to the website that I got that link from, odd.
Nothing odd about it. I was sharing additional information related to the information you shared for anyone on the board who was interested in the discussion. It seemed to me that the logo sheets showing all of the University's team-related protected trademarks and listing the specific approved color pantones was on point and relevant to a discussion about team uniforms and colors, etc.

I won't quote you next time. Then maybe you won't be so confused by a simple conversation. :roll:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

In state rival?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Jr Rival
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Merkin wrote:
That was the Austin hill faceplant stiff arm against Washington game.

FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Junior

Post by Junior »

Those are sweet!!!
FightWildcatsFight

Junior wrote:Those are sweet!!!
Agreed. I'm going to withhold judgement on the total package until I see what we are pairing them with. I love chrome helmets but I'm skeptical about how everything will look when it's all put together. Super excited for the possibilities though.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Would think all red but would love the white pants agaIn. Maybe one day we will roll out black matte helmets. That would be cool
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
FightWildcatsFight

azcat49 wrote:Would think all red but would love the white pants agaIn. Maybe one day we will roll out black matte helmets. That would be cool
Yeah it's a red out so I'm thinking same combo as ASU but with these new chrome lids.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I <3 those chrome red helmets.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

The A needs to be bigger. ;)
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Rad
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Bad Ass. Love the silver A too. I've always thought silver and gray would go well with our kit.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

NAU 19 Sept 2015 - White, Red, White.

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Gladiator Cat wrote:I know what our colors are and that crap you all call red pants were in-fact a shade of orange.

I personally hate our uniforms outside of the white uniform, which I think looks real sharp and you can actually read the numbers, but you're way off your rocker here man. The pants are red, the pants are red, the god damn pants are red!

In regards to these new helmets, I love them. If we can add matte blue and pearl white helmets then we're in business. I look forward to all the new Nike money paying for massively needed upgrades among our helmets and hopefully some new uniforms next year.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Red chrome helmets are badass. Forget matte blue, though - imagine those blue helmets in chrome as well. Yowza. I'd pass on pearl white though. Oregon did that against MSU and it looked ridiculous.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

azpenguin wrote:Red chrome helmets are badass. Forget matte blue, though - imagine those blue helmets in chrome as well. Yowza. I'd pass on pearl white though. Oregon did that against MSU and it looked ridiculous.
I dug those white on white helmets we wore in the Hill Mary game.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

azpenguin wrote:Red chrome helmets are badass. Forget matte blue, though - imagine those blue helmets in chrome as well. Yowza. I'd pass on pearl white though. Oregon did that against MSU and it looked ridiculous.
Oregon looked likes disco balls. It was weird.