33 Scooby Wright III

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: 33 Scooby Wright III

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:
97cats wrote:if he doesnt practice and practice well doing so without limitation and range at full speed he 100% shouldnt play.
This. There is physiology and healing that needs to take place that is independent of conditioning, muscle mass, motivation, etc. I'm not an orthopod, but anything less then 3 weeks for this type of condition is a set up for reinjury, in general.

Then again people arnt textbooks and Scooby maybe an outlier. Interested to see what his, his coaches, and his medical team decide.
Wouldn't it be 3 weeks on Saturday?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Sunday
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Per Scheer, Gimino, and others on Twitter, Scooby is running with the first team D at practice today.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

UAEebs86 wrote:Per Scheer, Gimino, and others on Twitter, Scooby is running with the first team D at practice today.

In a normal jersey.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Hopefully RichRod doesn't use the same judgement on Scooby that he used on the Matt Scott concussion injury protocol. Hate seeing kids playing when they shouldn't and risk further injury
you're so good at the backhanded twat behavior.
That was backhanded?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

MrBug708 wrote:Hopefully RichRod doesn't use the same judgement on Scooby that he used on the Matt Scott concussion injury protocol. Hate seeing kids playing when they shouldn't and risk further injury
Because we all know that the coaches are the first ones who have say over that kind of stuff? Because no doubt RR isn't concerned about liability or anything like that - stay with me on this Bug, but that's why they have trainers and a Doc on the sidelines. Because RR doesn't have the time to go check on each every player to see if he has a tummy ache or a concussion. Nice effort.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

dc4azcats wrote:
Because we all know that the coaches are the first ones who have say over that kind of stuff? Because no doubt RR isn't concerned about liability or anything like that - stay with me on this Bug, but that's why they have trainers and a Doc on the sidelines. Because RR doesn't have the time to go check on each every player to see if he has a tummy ache or a concussion. Nice effort.
Catch up, we are way past that
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

MrBug708 wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Past you being a turd? Nope. Basically what you said was completely wrong and very turd ish.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:
Past you being a turd? Nope. Basically what you said was completely wrong and very turd ish.
Here comes the lame one liners. Start adding insight, quit with the obnoxious attempts at burns
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

And/or you could stop being a turd. :idea:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Win or lose it'll be nice when this week is over...
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Must be a big game with all the chippyness
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Fishclamps wrote:Win or lose it'll be nice when this week is over...
The worst part of the big game is the build up.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

chiefzona wrote:
Right on, Chief.

Quite honestly we don't know how good we are this season. The Baby Bears will be the first test we've had.

Should be a hell of a game.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

chiefzona wrote:
Yeah by Saturday half the people on these forums are gonna be looking to kill each other.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Scooby is going to pull a Willis Reed.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Fishclamps wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Yeah by Saturday half the people on these forums are gonna be looking to kill each other.
That already happened on a pay for nothing board. This board will be fine. It's all good.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Chicat wrote:Scooby is going to pull a Willis Reed.
I'll see your inspiring return from injury and raise you 3 weeks of pent up energy and frustration at not being in a game, ready to take it out on Rosen and Perkins. If he plays of course.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

chiefzona wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
That already happened on a pay for nothing board. This board will be fine. It's all good.
While the death of the rivals board was sad, much popcorn was had reading it in it's death throes.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Fishclamps wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
While the death of the rivals board was sad, much popcorn was had reading it in it's death throes.
Rivals? That board was an embarrassment yet still had an air of a French train wreck in the middle of Lyon. Not the board I was referring too but I digress.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Don't think Scooby will start, but he may get a series or two in.
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

He might as well just shut it down for the season if he's already missing like 6-7 games

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Injury has to be season ending in order to get a medical redshirt.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:Injury has to be season ending in order to get a medical redshirt.
Yep. No use in shutting him down of he wants to play and is cleared to do so. Get better soon Scooby
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Interesting decision. Show you are healthy for the draft by playing last couple weeks and/or bowl, or do you risk another injury by coming back?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Either way it looks like we won't really see much more of him in his Arizona career. Just a few injury riddled games here and there before he goes pro. Sad ending to his career here.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

the real dill wrote:
Interesting decision. Show you are healthy for the draft by playing last couple weeks and/or bowl, or do you risk another injury by coming back?
Even if he plays well for Utah and Asu and the bowl game he is at best a 3rd rounder. He comes back one more year I think.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Rich Rod did say "If (his foot) was broken, which was a concern, we could have gotten a medical redshirt if we applied for it,"
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

He shouldnt have played against ucla, IMO.

Felt this before kickoff too, not in hindsight with this new news.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:He shouldnt have played against ucla, IMO.
We shouldn't have played ucla, IMO.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

If the staff clears him, he is aware of all risks, and he wants to go, he should be out there.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Geez, history almost repeats although I think in this case he wasn't rushed or pushed unlike maybe Adam Hall was.

Take your time Scooby.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

the real dill wrote:
What did Gronkowski do?

Fell to the second round, but did quite well since then.

I don't follow the NFL, so not sure what the demand is for MLB. What's the best he could get, 3rd round? Maybe drop to 4th if he declares this year unless he does really well at the combines.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
the real dill wrote:
What did Gronkowski do?

Fell to the second round, but did quite well since then.

I don't follow the NFL, so not sure what the demand is for MLB. What's the best he could get, 3rd round? Maybe drop to 4th if he declares this year unless he does really well at the combines.
Grok is an incredibly unique talent. Scooby is motor and IQ. Can't compare the two.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i will pound this drum forever and ever and ever -- regardless of what Dr decides (whether to clear a player or not) or what training staff says is standard protocol, rushing a player(s) back from injury (especially back, knee, neck, foot, ankle, shoulder, etc.) puts unwanted stress and pressure on the rest of the body, and is almost always totally counterproductive to immediate performance on the field.

in addition, conditioning and/or lack there of makes 'said' rushed player back ultra susceptible to further complications (new and old) and potentially stunts full healing and aggravation that can exasperate the down time and in some cases cause permanent damage.

NOTHING can simulate game speed or in game highs and lows like the game itself -- adverse effects almost always derive from a situation where a player is clearly rushed back.

it is ridiculous to think a pool or a bike or even two days of no contact drills can mirror the physical and mental strength it takes to fight through fatigue and exhaustion and still perform at the highest level while protecting the body.

dont f*ck with FITNESS -- almost always zero upside
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

97cats wrote:i will pound this drum forever and ever and ever -- regardless of what Dr decides (whether to clear a player or not) or what training staff says is standard protocol, rushing a player(s) back from injury (especially back, knee, neck, foot, ankle, shoulder, etc.) puts unwanted stress and pressure on the rest of the body, and is almost always totally counterproductive to immediate performance on the field.

in addition, conditioning and/or lack there of makes 'said' rushed player back ultra susceptible to further complications (new and old) and potentially stunts full healing and aggravation that can exasperate the down time and in some cases cause permanent damage.

NOTHING can simulate game speed or in game highs and lows like the game itself -- adverse effects almost always derive from a situation where a player is clearly rushed back.

it is ridiculous to think a pool or a bike or even two days of no contact drills can mirror the physical and mental strength it takes to fight through fatigue and exhaustion and still perform at the highest level while protecting the body.

I completely agree and all it shows is how desperate RR is. Scooby was a non-factor in the game and they still played him 4 quarters. Also, in year 4, there should have been enough depth to not have to play walk ons who wouldn't even sniff the field for Wazzu or Colorado. Gotta have depth. Recruiting needs to get way better.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

chiefzona wrote:
97cats wrote:i will pound this drum forever and ever and ever -- regardless of what Dr decides (whether to clear a player or not) or what training staff says is standard protocol, rushing a player(s) back from injury (especially back, knee, neck, foot, ankle, shoulder, etc.) puts unwanted stress and pressure on the rest of the body, and is almost always totally counterproductive to immediate performance on the field.

Are we gonna ignore that our 2nd and 3rd string MLB were both injured? If we had Ippoliitto we would all feel a lot more comfortable with losing Scooby. Injuries have certainly not helped our cause and we do need more talent, but usually you don't have this many injuries to one position.

I completely agree and all it shows is how desperate RR is. Scooby was a non-factor in the game and they still played him 4 quarters. Also, in year 4, there should have been enough depth to not have to play walk ons who wouldn't even sniff the field for Wazzu or Colorado. Gotta have depth. Recruiting needs to get way better.
Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:Either way it looks like we won't really see much more of him in his Arizona career. Just a few injury riddled games here and there before he goes pro. Sad ending to his career here.
To be completely honest, scouts already has him pegged as undersized, unathletic, and slow. Now he's injury prone.

I would be very surprised if he declared for the draft. I'm not sure he's much higher than a 5th rounder.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Injury was on the other leg, right? Doesn't seem like it was an issue of him coming back too early. Sprained ankles happen all the time. And I'm willing to bet the coaches would be way more cautious than we'd be.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Salty wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Either way it looks like we won't really see much more of him in his Arizona career. Just a few injury riddled games here and there before he goes pro. Sad ending to his career here.
To be completely honest, scouts already has him pegged as undersized, unathletic, and slow. Now he's injury prone.

I would be very surprised if he declared for the draft. I'm not sure he's much higher than a 5th rounder.
I've seen him rated as a late 2nd / early 3rd. Of course that was before the injuries. MLB are always tough until you see them run. He is at best a 5th round pick if they think he is a 2 down player in the NFL.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Only good thing about this is next year he's probably coming back and we're gonna be really good next year and hopefully we'll have a damn bye week.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Injury was on the other leg, right? Doesn't seem like it was an issue of him coming back too early. Sprained ankles happen all the time. And I'm willing to bet the coaches would be way more cautious than we'd be.

Probably not from coming back too early, but as anyone with a bum leg will tell you, you do a lot of overcompensating with your good leg putting additional strain on it.
Sid

Post by Sid »

This will be tough on my boy.... :cry:

Thank you for being you and leaving everything you had on the field, a true warrior and inspiration to us all. I wish you nothing but the best going forward as I believe this chapter has ended, time to get properly healed & prepped for the combine.

God bless you brother!

Sid
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Just shut it down already. This clearly has become a year for building our depth, not wrecking our stars' careers.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Save him for the brutal stretch of USC, 'Rado and ASU the last 3 games, and whatever crappy bowl the Cats end up in.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

How can so many people tell someone what to do with their body?

By the way, season is not over as much as someone want to pretend it is and wait for basketball season
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote:How can so many people tell someone what to do with their body?
We certainly tell RichRod and Sean Miller how to coach don't we?

Just want Scooby to go out with bang instead of being all gimpy.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Not sure how most of you feel about this, but this not even there, didn't talk to anyone, shooting blind and taking liberty with facts kinda ticks me off. Writer (from Phoenix) decides to play "Internet Doctor".

Doesn't mention directly that Scooby injured foot on the non-injured knee leg.
Fails to include that Rich Rod considered Medical Redshirt IF Scooby had broken foot. He implies RR considered for injured knee.

A good discussion to have, but don't need to be an Internet click whore (my opinion) to discuss.
when Scooby Wright III said he was ready to play, he allowed his star player to walk onto the field at clearly less than 100 percent.

...The big takeaway for me in this game, is just how casual Rodriguez was with mortgaging the future of his best defensive player.

...To show that Rodriguez is not even thinking about Wright’s future once he moves on, he even suggested that maybe Wright should seek a medical redshirt for this season and come back as a senior. What? Really? Why would you counsel a guy like Wright to give up the NFL to come back and play for your program again, risking even more injury?

...Nevertheless, guys like Wright are not wired like that, and they want to get back on the field and help their team as soon as they can. Which is why the team doctors and head coach need to be the mature adults and stop that from happening.

...Real reform is needed by both the NCAA and the NFL, but until that happens, coaches like Rodriguez need to man up and put the needs of their players above winning at all costs.
http://saturdayblitz.com/2015/09/29/ric ... by-wright/ at your own risk...Here's the link that doen't come thru quote area playing loosy goosy on the considering medical redshirt stuff http://saturdayblitz.com/2015/09/28/ari ... ot-injury/