Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UALoco

No more Haka

Post by UALoco »

Oh well.
PHXCATS

Re: No more Haka

Post by PHXCATS »

Pathetic that people have so little to do and get so offended over something our players took pride in. Oh well it is the current world we live in. From reading other comments on other boards I am almost as disappointed in some of our fan reaction to this.

News flash for everyone. Stuff like the Haka and uniforms and white outs and whatever else, they are for the players and no one cares what what you think about them so save yourself the embarrassment of complaining about stuff like this.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

It would have been nice if the person who started the petition had done a little research and realized that there are several schools who do this,
instead of singling out UofA. Hell, my son's high school team did it since they had couple Poly kids on the team.
I hope Greg Byrne pointed out to this person that we aren't the only school.

I thought nobody watched our game Saturday?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I just Haka'd a little in my mouth reading this.

Arizona wasn't even the first school to do this.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

My high school in mesa did the haka 15 years ago
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I read through some of the comments on the original petition.

Half the complaints were that our players are doing it wrong. Not one person was aware that many other schools
have been doing it for years. It was pointed out that in addition to the NZ Haka, there's a Hawaiian one.

They seem just as uninformed as they are accusing our players and school of being.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Never thought any good came from it. Sure didn't help the players get ready for UCLA last week.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Looks like Byrne is handling it well. Drop it for now, people will forget about in a day or two. Then write your own, now you've got a haka and they've got no grounds for complaints.

PS - Larry Scott, if this is the kind of reaction you're gonna get, do you REALLY want to make a push to get the Pac-12 out there?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

OSUCat wrote:Never thought any good came from it. Sure didn't help the players get ready for UCLA last week.
Are you sure that if the Cats didn't do it vs ASU the Cats still would have won?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Blame the video gurus and fire RR. He didn't recruit good enough haka guys
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

azcat49 wrote:Blame the video gurus and fire RR. He didn't recruit good enough haka guys
We need more 4 and 5 star haka guys if we're going to compete.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azpenguin wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Blame the video gurus and fire RR. He didn't recruit good enough haka guys
We need more 4 and 5 star haka guys if we're going to compete.
Lol. Now were starting walk on haka guys, we are in more trouble than I thought. Fire RR!!!

Fuck PC offended-over-everything sociologists. I dated one, she was insufferable. Everything was a slight a needed to be called attention too.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I read some of the comments on twitter from some of these island turds complaining about it, and (1) they clearly have no clue how and why the team started doing it, and (2) they clearly hate America and are more upset that some filthy Americans are using "their" haka. It's not OK for Arizona to do it, but it is OK for a rugby team to do it, because they aren't Americans.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Here is the dumb WHITE cunt who started this whole thing. She is, of course, a white college professor and apparently an expert on spider monkeys. She is also has a "#standwithPP" overlay on her facebook profile, which should give you a pretty good idea about how she prioritizes things.

https://www.facebook.com/christina.camp ... 55?fref=ts

http://www.csun.edu/social-behavioral-s ... a-campbell
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'm this close to writing an anthropological view of the haka, history of UofA Polynesian recruiting, and the unity building of "tribe" that players can foster in sharing and learning from each other's cultures.

You know the type of mutual understanding this professor hopes to foster in her through her spider monkey research.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

splitsecond wrote:Here is the dumb WHITE cunt who started this whole thing. She is, of course, a white college professor and apparently an expert on spider monkeys. She is also has a "#standwithPP" overlay on her facebook profile, which should give you a pretty good idea about how she prioritizes things.

She's such a proud New Zealander, that she left.
Captcarnage

Post by Captcarnage »

Well I for 1 am offended that we stopped it. But am glad we are having our own. We should do it to start the second half too. Just to, you know, show every body up. Then we can be offended when everyone copies us and creates their own.
2014-2015 RAP Football Champion
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

splitsecond wrote:Here is the dumb WHITE cunt who started this whole thing. She is, of course, a white college professor and apparently an expert on spider monkeys. She is also has a "#standwithPP" overlay on her facebook profile, which should give you a pretty good idea about how she prioritizes things.

Way to elevate the conversation there. Makes us look like a shining example of Arizona fans.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Close the web browser, shut down the computer, and take a break. You do understand that your reaction is over-the-top, right? capitalizing, like your yelling, that she is white and that means something. Saying she's a c***. That she has StandwithPP on her facebook profile and implying that has any relevance to this topic.

I have no idea why people are really caring about this. I didn't care about the Haka before, and I won't later, but there is a solution and thats the end of it.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
OSUCat wrote:Never thought any good came from it. Sure didn't help the players get ready for UCLA last week.
Are you sure that if the Cats didn't do it vs ASU the Cats still would have won?
Ha. No. It was all about my half time beer ritual, and not washing my Zona Zoo shirt. ;)
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Meh. In a week nobody will care, and most people never cared in the first place.

I'm kinda mad that this came from some random professor from CSU Northridge. It's a "literally who" CSU, like East Bay, Bakersfield, or Stanislaus. If a person in academia is going to call out our school, at least let it be someone from a good Cal State, like SJSU or Cal Poly... ;)
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

qwertyus wrote:Meh. In a week nobody will care, and most people never cared in the first place.

I'm kinda mad that this came from some random professor from CSU Northridge. It's a "literally who" CSU, like East Bay, Bakersfield, or Stanislaus. If a person in academia is going to call out our school, at least let it be someone from a good Cal State, like SJSU or Cal Poly... ;)
No kidding.

Its like not even "academic good"
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

OSUCat wrote:
Close the web browser, shut down the computer, and take a break. You do understand that your reaction is over-the-top, right? capitalizing, like your yelling, that she is white and that means something. Saying she's a c***. That she has StandwithPP on her facebook profile and implying that has any relevance to this topic.
All of this.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »