Attendance

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: Attendance

Post by PHXCATS »

Gilbertcat wrote:A 1pm game against WSU isnt going to help either.
Homecoming should help. Students need to step it up
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The temps should be much more comfortable.

Coming off a couple of better played games won't hurt.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:A 1pm game against WSU isnt going to help either.
Homecoming should help. Students need to step it up
Family weekend is always the worst weekend for student attendance. Homecoming is always one of the best. And the weather will be better and there will be more excitement it we beat Colorado this weekend. Attendance should be much better especially amongst the students
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Nothing puts a damper on homecoming like the dreaded 1 PM kickoff.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

All time attendance record: 59,920 for the 1994 game against ASU.

We now seem to consider anything over 56k a sell out.

I was aware the NEZ reduced capacity by a few hundred tickets but the disparity is curious. Maybe someone on this board can provide insight.

Interesting Attendance Numbers
2014 USC game 56754
2014 ASU game 56083
2015 UCLA game 56004
2015 Oregon State 52987

Interesting to see what the Utah game will pull later this year we still have 2 losses at the time.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Capacity is 56,029...so yes anything over 56 is a sellout.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The zoo was even more embarrassing when watching the sounds of the game for Oregon State. Hey Zoo, stop photo shopping people in your underwear and worry about getting to the game and not embarrassing the school or team or fans.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PHXCATS wrote:The zoo was even more embarrassing when watching the sounds of the game for Oregon State. Hey Zoo, stop photo shopping people in your underwear and worry about getting to the game and not embarrassing the school or team or fans.
Family weekend, thousands and thousands of students were elsewhere in Tucson with their parents, hot day, 1 pm kickoff, worst team in the conference. If there is any day in the entire year with an acceptable reason for student attendance issues, it was last Saturday.

And I still love how people rag on the students for not showing up for one game when for every other game they are the by far most dependable group of fans. You better rag on the north end zone and east side upper deck fans every other game, otherwise your whining makes no sense.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:The zoo was even more embarrassing when watching the sounds of the game for Oregon State. Hey Zoo, stop photo shopping people in your underwear and worry about getting to the game and not embarrassing the school or team or fans.
Family weekend, thousands and thousands of students were elsewhere in Tucson with their parents, hot day, 1 pm kickoff, worst team in the conference. If there is any day in the entire year with an acceptable reason for student attendance issues, it was last Saturday.

And I still love how people rag on the students for not showing up for one game when for every other game they are the by far most dependable group of fans. You better rag on the north end zone and east side upper deck fans every other game, otherwise your whining makes no sense.
I called my friends who were upper east to come in the shade at half time. The upper side is not on tv every play. Nor is th north end zone. Tucson sucks supporting this team. That has been established. Tucson doesn't care about UA, they care about being seen. When the game is the place to be, they show up. When it isn't they don't. Sucks but it is what it is. Students are the lifeblood of the school and a potential difference maker not really ,y friend who moved from the east side to the west at halftime. It matters way more for students and they need to step it up or have seats removed from the zoo again.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Again...game out of 6. And it was on the Pac 12 network that no one east of Colorado has. On every game that is on big time tv..the students get an A+ grade.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:Again...game out of 6. And it was on the Pac 12 network that no one east of Colorado has. On every game that is on big time tv..the students get an A+ grade.
Um no it was on FS1. You and the studnets are D at best
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I agree with Hater and think the kids get a pass. If this game was at 4 or 6 the student section would have been very full. There were a ton of activites going on but still 52K tickets were sold.

I am as big of a UofA football homer as there is but a 1pm window at 92 degree's in the sun is not fun. You can support the team by buying a tickets (revenue received thank you) and cheering from the couch. Sure who wouldn't wish they all showed up but hey, we started 0-2 and like Hater said, OSU isn't a top team.

The zoo is so impressive when the start time is within reason. I will be intrigued to see how they show for Wazzu which should be a pretty good game but still at 1pm. I have a hunch it will be more full. Utah will be packed no doubt. Only 2 more games at home :(
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The wsu game will be lightyears better. Especially if we beat Colorado. It's homecoming, which automatically means more students in the stands instead of outside the stadium giving tours of campus to family members, out at lunch, going to Costco with their parents card while they are in town and a host of other things, no matter the start time. Cu win plus homecoming plus 10+ degrees cooler temps will mean many more students.

For example for family weekend as a student from 2004 to 2007 I missed two home football games. One was the 2007 Oregon game when I was deathly sick with 103 degree fever and the other was the 2005 family weekend game against Stanford because my grandma was in town and I wanted to show her the campus and Tucson and spend some time with her not at a football game.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

ASUHATER! wrote:The wsu game will be lightyears better. Especially if we beat Colorado. It's homecoming, which automatically means more students in the stands instead of outside the stadium giving tours of campus to family members, out at lunch, going to Costco with their parents card while they are in town and a host of other things, no matter the start time. Cu win plus homecoming plus 10+ degrees cooler temps will mean many more students.

For example for family weekend as a student from 2004 to 2007 I missed two home football games. One was the 2007 Oregon game when I was deathly sick with 103 degree fever and the other was the 2005 family weekend game against Stanford because my grandma was in town and I wanted to show her the campus and Tucson and spend some time with her not at a football game.

What wrong with you hater, you didn't take Grandma to the zoo and the football game :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well she was only 74 then...

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

doak Campbell stadium for fsu is 25% empty at kickoff...nicer weather than we had and it is #11 fsu....

So yeah Arizona fans are the worst aren't they.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:doak Campbell stadium for fsu is 25% empty at kickoff...nicer weather than we had and it is #11 fsu....

So yeah Arizona fans are the worst aren't they.
What about Michigan yesterday? Was Florida State named best Student Section in America?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So fsu gets a pass on having an empty stadium but Arizona doesn't?

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:So fsu gets a pass on having an empty stadium but Arizona doesn't?
I don't care about Florida State but you haven't answed my question. UA hoes not get a pass from me. It was an embarrassment on national TV. Don't care if other schools did the same.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Ooook. Makes no sense but whatever twirls your beanie.

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Getting blown out the two weekends before the OSU game certainly had an impact, doncha think?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Puerco wrote:Getting blown out the two weekends before the OSU game certainly had an impact, doncha think?
Overall attendance was totally fine. But thanks for setting me straight and you too hater, I realize now that expecting the Best Student Section in America to show up and fill more than 25 percent of their section after two losses without the starting qb was too much to expect. Just glad it was so buried on FS1 during peak time.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

1.who ever said the zoo is the best in America?
2. It wasn't full but it was a lot more than 25%
3.everything you've said on this subject is completely wrong so just stop already

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:1.who ever said the zoo is the best in America?
3.everything you've said on this subject is completely wrong so just stop already
http://www.kvoa.com/story/28735521/zona ... f-the-year" target="_blank
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:1.who ever said the zoo is the best in America?
Coming from you this is rich.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Cool. So everything you've said on the subject is still wrong.

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:Cool. So everything you've said on the subject is still wrong.
Actually no, nothing I have said on this subject is wrong in any way. The students were embarrassing no matter what excuse you come up with. Why is that so hard for you to accept? We need the students to help the team the next two home games. The zoo can have a positive impact on a game and recruiting. let's hope for that and not another embarrassing outcome from them on Saturday.
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

ASUHATER! wrote: 2. It wasn't full but it was a lot more than 25%
If you put all the students that were in the Zoo in one section, they might have filled up one section. 25% is about right. I do know though, there were students that are normally in the zoo that were with their parents on the west side. The people that were next to me were from out of town and their daughter would normally have been in the zoo. Although she seems like one that normally would have left early as both her dad and I were laughing at her in the third quarter as she was doing the serious head bob trying to stay awake. Her dad said she was a lightweight and that she had two shots before the game.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Lot's of students were with their families on the west side around me. I think they get a pass for the OSU game..The east side was just baking in the sun all day. F that.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

UALoco wrote:Lot's of students were with their families on the west side around me. I think they get a pass for the OSU game..The east side was just baking in the sun all day. F that.
This Saturday won't be a whole lot better. See Washington 2014. I'll be there but it probably won't be a packed house. There is the core group that shows up to every game and stays, no matter what, but the rest aren't exactly clamoring to wake up before noon to stand in the hot sun for 4 hours after a night out. Like I said, see Washington last year.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
UALoco wrote:Lot's of students were with their families on the west side around me. I think they get a pass for the OSU game..The east side was just baking in the sun all day. F that.
This Saturday won't be a whole lot better. See Washington 2014. I'll be there but it probably won't be a packed house. There is the core group that shows up to every game and stays, no matter what, but the rest aren't exactly clamoring to wake up before noon to stand in the hot sun for 4 hours after a night out. Like I said, see Washington last year.
It will be much better. Homecoming always is a better crowd. We've won two in a row. Better weather. Crowd will be far better.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Didn't it rain during the WSU game 2 years ago?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote:Didn't it rain during the WSU game 2 years ago?
No it was warm and sunny
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote:
No it was warm and sunny
Thanks.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
No it was warm and sunny
Thanks.
It was at 11am though.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Gilbertcat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
No it was warm and sunny
Thanks.
It was at 11am though.
Think you are thinking of homecoming 2012 vs colorado. the 2013 WSU games was 1207
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
No it was warm and sunny
Thanks.
It was at 11am though.
Think you are thinking of homecoming 2012 vs colorado. the 2013 WSU games was 1207
Ah, 11am Pacific but noon Az. Early games for sure.

I cant complain about attendance. I live in Gilbert and will only go if the games start between 3-730 since too late and everyone doesn't get any sleep before Sunday and too early and we cant get anything done before we go. I think most people are like that and attendance for the first 2 games were great but everyone I know hates the early games. Especially when its hot out. Hopefully it will be nice and the Cats get a great win.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Funny to hear folks complain about a 1pm start. I can get to my seat on time if I leave my Phx home at 11am. That's plenty of time to get some chores done at home. And I still get home by 6pm, plenty of time to go out. Compare that to the team who gets home at 5 am Sunday after a 7pm Saturday away game kick off. I think we can deal with nuisance of a 1pm home start. sheesh.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Must be showing up at the end of the first quarter and leaving at the end of the third

Machina

Post by Machina »

ASUHATER! wrote:Must be showing up at the end of the first quarter and leaving at the end of the third
Takes my group an hour and 40 minutes roughly from N Scottsdale. And that is going just a little over the limit. So you are incorrect yet again. Quite the losing streak for you.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Do you mean the Arcadia tavern? And it's not safe going 90 plus miles an hour on the freeway

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:Do you mean the Arcadia tavern? And it's not safe going 90 plus miles an hour on the freeway
That's true. You'll get your ass run over going that slow.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Poor performance all around but especially the zoo
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Machina wrote:Poor performance all around but especially the zoo
...Arcadia tavern?

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

If you're not there you can't complain...
Machina

Post by Machina »

Gilbertcat wrote:If you're not there you can't complain...
I am here and it was awful. Total embarrassment
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'd venture to guess our defense and your general attitude and personality is more embarrassing Machina
Salty

Post by Salty »

Machina wrote:
Can't really blame folks for not wanting to spend their Saturday watching another embarrassment.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Salty wrote:
Machina wrote:
Can't really blame folks for not wanting to spend their Saturday watching another embarrassment.
Homecoming. Favored. Nice weather. Coming off two wins. Exciting team.

No excuses for our sad fan base. This certainly helps RR move if he gets offers and lessens the chance of getting a good coach.

The zoo was horrible and really did embarrass again. Don't think you can do something this year but something needs to be done about the zoo. Really sad to see this from the best student section in America.

Fans support the team no matter what. Most people in Tucson just want to be seen and have no interest in actually supporting UA. This goes for basketball as well. It is the place to be and be seen.