Larry Scott

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Larry Scott

Post by azcat49 »

azpenguin wrote:RR went on a rant about scheduling in the press conference today.

But Scott doesn't select the teams for the slots, the TV people do right? I hate Scott has much as the next guy and I really beleive he would F AZ in anyway he could but Fox selecting the UDub game for that time slot is beyond Scotts grasp
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Can we all grow up and stop the Larry Scott is out to get Arizona crap?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

PHXCATS wrote:Can we all grow up and stop the Larry Scott is out to get Arizona crap?

I really don't think anyone in the world could make me think he doesn't. I do agree it is a myopic, childish view but he is an ass and I do believe he is corrupt to his core and I do believe there are people in the UofA athletic department who feel very similar about him.

I don' think he had anything to do with the 8pm start choice (I think) but I don't trust him at all. to convenient that a marquee game between Cal and USC is played at 1 and a game of little consequence involving two middle of the road teams is played in what is almost primetime. And it's not USC who woudl have an hour flight home but the team who has to go the furthest distance in the conference.

Sorry PCat, I hate that scumbag, corrupt MFer Scott
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

"Fucking Pac-12," "Bullshit conference," "Cheating conference," "Cheating-ass conference"

Those aren't my words, though I agree.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Olsondogg wrote:"Fucking Pac-12," "Bullshit conference," "Cheating conference," "Cheating-ass conference"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: he touched the ball!!!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Olsondogg wrote:"Fucking Pac-12," "Bullshit conference," "Cheating conference," "Cheating-ass conference"

If Miller really believed that do you think Bryne and Hart would be doing more to get in new leadership or moving conferencea. It was a bad apple who is gone.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

azcat49 wrote:
azpenguin wrote:RR went on a rant about scheduling in the press conference today.

But Scott doesn't select the teams for the slots, the TV people do right? I hate Scott has much as the next guy and I really beleive he would F AZ in anyway he could but Fox selecting the UDub game for that time slot is beyond Scotts grasp
You're never arguing to get the call that just went against you, you're arguing to get the next call to go your way.

Arizona has gotten screwed all year on the schedule. No bye week. Late starts on the road. Etc. This is the school's way of putting pressure on the conference to lean on the networks.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azpenguin wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

You're never arguing to get the call that just went against you, you're arguing to get the next call to go your way.

Arizona has gotten screwed all year on the schedule. No bye week. Late starts on the road. Etc. This is the school's way of putting pressure on the conference to lean on the networks.
I don't know how much the conference can influence these things but this is a great point.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

I've read that the ref dicking UCLA all game on Thursday was the one who was the time clock judge in the Steelers/Chargers game.

Oh well. Incompetent refs have been a staple throughout history.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

cbssports picks up Rich Rod's scheduling complaint and Larry's response.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... mmish-says" target="_blank
via http://cbssportsapp.com" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BearDown89 wrote:cbssports picks up Rich Rod's scheduling complaint and Larry's response.

Larry's response was very telling. Basically it was "money over everything".

The PAC is going to end up looking like it just does not give a shit about student athlete physical and mental wellbeing. Just wait until we hit the 5 day road trips in basketball. I wonder how many of those UA is going to be forced to take.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chicat wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:cbssports picks up Rich Rod's scheduling complaint and Larry's response.

The PAC is going to end up looking like it just does not give a shit about student athlete physical and mental wellbeing. Just wait until we hit the 5 day road trips in basketball. I wonder how many of those UA is going to be forced to take.
So how much money are you willing to give back to give schools and the conference more power in TV times? I know everyone hates Scott but he said nothing wrong here and spoke the truth. he isn't trying to screw arizona here. Fox wants to showcase Arizona and it sucks for the timing of this game but no one is trying to screw Arizona by having them in the 2nd best slot of the weekend for the networks.

And to answer your basketball question it is zero. Two times it is Thursday to Saturday and two times Wednesday to Saturday. Seems like Scott did Miller a favor and gave no Sunday road games except for Asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Chicat wrote:

So how much money are you willing to give back to give schools and the conference more power in TV times? I know everyone hates Scott but he said nothing wrong here and spoke the truth. he isn't trying to screw arizona here. Fox wants to showcase Arizona and it sucks for the timing of this game but no one is trying to screw Arizona by having them in the 2nd best slot of the weekend for the networks.
So we're all good with "Money over Everything"? Maybe we should look into changing the conference motto...
PHXCATS wrote:And to answer your basketball question it is zero. Two times it is Thursday to Saturday and two times Wednesday to Saturday. Seems like Scott did Miller a favor and gave no Sunday road games except for Asu.
Looks like Cal has a Wednesday/Sunday roadie to Colorado/Utah, Colorado has one at the Arizona schools, Oregon State has one at Colorado/Utah, Stanford has one at the Oregon schools, Washington has one at the Oregon schools, as does Washington State.

So good for us and sucks for them right? Money over everything....

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

If you have such a problem with the money the conference is making, it should be easy to answer my question which you didn't do.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:If you have such a problem with the money the conference is making, it should be easy to answer my question which you didn't do.
Your question is, how much money would I be willing to give up to have more control over scheduling?

That's not an easy question since A) I was not a part of the negotiating process, B) I have no idea what monetary value the networks put on scheduling flexibility, and C) I have no idea how other conferences' TV deals are structured when it comes to scheduling and the monetary value put on that aspect of the contract.

The answer may very well be $0 since it's possible that a better negotiator could have secured better scheduling control for the conference and teams. And it's possible the answer is in the tens of millions of dollars. I honestly don't know (do you?). But I do know that the TV deal as structured now does not take into account student athlete welfare. That should be obvious, to even the biggest Larry Scott fanboy.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

To throw it out there. I'm great getting after Money rules and runs over student athlete safety, well being. But I would put just as much blame on the conference's school AD's and Presidents at time the new contract was signed. The Presidents had to sign off on the deal. I'm pretty certain, they got heavy advice and input from their AD's. There was no public conversation there about student welfare. Or complaints about what rights the TV Networks were given.

I shared the quote from Greg Byrne to ESPN when new deal was signed. His main part of quote was about the MONEY.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:If you have such a problem with the money the conference is making, it should be easy to answer my question which you didn't do.
Your question is, how much money would I be willing to give up to have more control over scheduling?

That's not an easy question since A) I was not a part of the negotiating process, B) I have no idea what monetary value the networks put on scheduling flexibility, and C) I have no idea how other conferences' TV deals are structured when it comes to scheduling and the monetary value put on that aspect of the contract.

The answer may very well be $0 since it's possible that a better negotiator could have secured better scheduling control for the conference and teams. And it's possible the answer is in the tens of millions of dollars. I honestly don't know (do you?). But I do know that the TV deal as structured now does not take into account student athlete welfare. That should be obvious, to even the biggest Larry Scott fanboy.
I asked what you would be willing, not what a number can be in the contracts currently or next renewal period. I agree it is not for the best for student athletes all the time but it was what every school wanted at the time. And with being on the west coast the conference can't play at 9am and the east coast schools can't play at 11pm. Just the nature of the geography for the conference. I would love it if there was more flexibility but I don't know if is worth paying coaches less and losing them more often, not having the facilities as nice and not being able to do more for the student athletes.

Sorry but I am not a Larry Scott fanboy, I have been clear that I think he has done a poor job. I am moreso a fanboy of accuracy and not blame things on people who have nothing to do with a situation.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If Larry Scott has nothing to do with the Pac-12 television contract, he should probably stop crowing about it.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

He has nothing to do with the selection process of games except for the Pac12 network games which are usually (I belive twice a year) are the games left over after espn and fox select their games.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:He has nothing to do with the selection process of games except for the Pac12 network games which are usually (I belive twice a year) are the games left over after espn and fox select their games.
I doubt he even has anything to do with selecting those. But I'm talking about the process that resulted in the television channels having the ability to screw over student athletes. He's long talked about the television contract as a feather in his cap. I'm telling you that cap is made from recycled dog feces and everyone around him is too polite to tell him that his head smells like shit, except it seems people around the University of Arizona.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

The conference is also at a time zone disadvantage. On the east coast, you can start a game at noon and the entire country can see it, starting at 9 am out west. You can start a game at 8 pm and it's a 5 pm kick for the west coast. The Pac, though, if they schedule a noon kick, it's 3 pm out east, and if they schedule a 7 pm kick it's 10 pm out east. The UW game is going to be an 11 pm kick for the east coast. The window for the Pac for games that aren't running ungodly late out east is short (pretty much 12-4) while the east can play all day and it's going to be during normal viewing hours out here.

The contract is what it is, but the conference needs to lean on the networks to get more games during that mid-day window. Night games are going to happen but the teams need to be rotated better; as RichRod said, can't a team get at least one daytime road game a year? There's been a lot of outpouring of support across the conference for this protest and a lot of people think Arizona has gotten screwed up and down on the schedule this year.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:He has nothing to do with the selection process of games except for the Pac12 network games which are usually (I belive twice a year) are the games left over after espn and fox select their games.
I doubt he even has anything to do with selecting those. But I'm talking about the process that resulted in the television channels having the ability to screw over student athletes. He's long talked about the television contract as a feather in his cap. I'm telling you that cap is made from recycled dog feces and everyone around him is too polite to tell him that his head smells like shit, except it seems people around the University of Arizona.
I agree with you to a large extent especially with basketball. But every school wanted the money and agreed to the deal that gave the networks the power. But you do have to acknowledge two things. arizona agreed to the TV deal and the network windows are limited for games since the PAC 12 is on the west coast and prior deals the other conferences have which all have more viewers except probably the ACC. I am sure fox will fight like hell to keep it but the biggest issue is the exclusive window during big fox games. Get rid of that and there are more student athlete friendly options.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Widely known that former Stanford AD Bob Bowlsby was one of the main architects and negotiators for the current Pac ESPN Fox contract. He led communications with other conference ADs. Which was a main reason Big12 hired Bowlsby to be their commissioner. Big12 were about to enter negotiations to renew their conference TV contract.

Big 12 ADs and Presidents listed his ESPN contract negotiations influence as a major factor when hiring of Bowsby as commisioner was announced.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azpenguin wrote:The conference is also at a time zone disadvantage. On the east coast, you can start a game at noon and the entire country can see it, starting at 9 am out west. You can start a game at 8 pm and it's a 5 pm kick for the west coast. The Pac, though, if they schedule a noon kick, it's 3 pm out east, and if they schedule a 7 pm kick it's 10 pm out east. The UW game is going to be an 11 pm kick for the east coast. The window for the Pac for games that aren't running ungodly late out east is short (pretty much 12-4) while the east can play all day and it's going to be during normal viewing hours out here.

The contract is what it is, but the conference needs to lean on the networks to get more games during that mid-day window. Night games are going to happen but the teams need to be rotated better; as RichRod said, can't a team get at least one daytime road game a year? There's been a lot of outpouring of support across the conference for this protest and a lot of people think Arizona has gotten screwed up and down on the schedule this year.
Fox and ESPN will not go for restricting their options unless they have to pay pennies on the dollar for the rights. They are paying what they are to have the ability to feature who they want when they have the available times. Colorado sucked last year and every game of theirs was on the PAC12 network while Oregon last year only had one game on PAC12 (only counting conference games)
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

PHXCATS wrote:
azpenguin wrote:The conference is also at a time zone disadvantage. On the east coast, you can start a game at noon and the entire country can see it, starting at 9 am out west. You can start a game at 8 pm and it's a 5 pm kick for the west coast. The Pac, though, if they schedule a noon kick, it's 3 pm out east, and if they schedule a 7 pm kick it's 10 pm out east. The UW game is going to be an 11 pm kick for the east coast. The window for the Pac for games that aren't running ungodly late out east is short (pretty much 12-4) while the east can play all day and it's going to be during normal viewing hours out here.

Fox and ESPN will not go for restricting their options unless they have to pay pennies on the dollar for the rights. They are paying what they are to have the ability to feature who they want when they have the available times. Colorado sucked last year and every game of theirs was on the PAC12 network while Oregon last year only had one game on PAC12 (only counting conference games)
Oh yeah, I realize that. It's a two way street, though, and I'm not saying have the networks give up their rights or put Colorado vs. Oregon St. in a national prime time slot, just that the conference and the networks should work together a bit to ensure a better schedule all around. Doesn't have to be a complete re-vamp. Just some tweaking.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Here's my thing: The proper response from an organization that handles organized amateur athletics for young men and women when presented with a real issue shouldn't be, "Shrug... don't care, got paid."

That was pretty much what I got from Larry Scott's thoughts on the subject.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

We are all influenced ny our biases because I didn't read it that way.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

How else can you read a response which says "money dictates what we do"?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

So Chicat, what do you want to see done? The PAC force FS1 to move the game to a differ time? Force FS1 to switch the game they are covering?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Nothing says national exposure like games that finish around 2:30 AM Eastern time.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UAEebs86 wrote:Nothing says national exposure like games that finish around 2:30 AM Eastern time.
Again, what other options are there? 330 eastern times booked solid always with ACC SEC Big Ten and Big 12. Can't play at 9 or 10 am on the West. Fox has an agreement with the conc that when they have 7 and 8 eastern time games no other pac 12 games can be held. There are tons of networks but unless there is pAC12 2 or games are on BYUTV or nbcsportsnetwork there aren't enough slots available
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:So Chicat, what do you want to see done? The PAC force FS1 to move the game to a differ time? Force FS1 to switch the game they are covering?
Nothing can be done about that game at this point. That's a stupid gotcha question. But there is a correctable perception issue out there.

What I'd like to see is Larry Scott at least pay lip service to the complaints; claim "we are working with our media partners to ensure that the health, safety, and well being of our student athletes is of the utmost concern when scheduling games," and for him to not appear to be stepping over the exhausted bodies of Arizona football players on his way to take a dip in his pool filled with gold coins Scrooge McDuck-style.

You may think that's too much to ask, but just acknowledging there's an issue and asking the networks what we can do about it is a good first step. Like I said, nothing can be done about the Washington game at this point, but that doesn't mean that it can't be corrected for the future. Maybe if Larry and the conference make Fox look like evil money-grubbing assholes (instead of themselves) there will be enough external pressure that maybe they take a less high profile game in a late slot so that the kids aren't flying thousands of miles overnight for no good damn reason.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:So Chicat, what do you want to see done? The PAC force FS1 to move the game to a differ time? Force FS1 to switch the game they are covering?
Nothing can be done about that game at this point. That's a stupid gotcha question. But there is a correctable perception issue out there.

What I'd like to see is Larry Scott at least pay lip service to the complaints; claim "we are working with our media partners to ensure that the health, safety, and well being of our student athletes is of the utmost concern when scheduling games," and for him to not appear to be stepping over the exhausted bodies of Arizona football players on his way to take a dip in his pool filled with gold coins Scrooge McDuck-style.

You may think that's too much to ask, but just acknowledging there's an issue and asking the networks what we can do about it is a good first step. Like I said, nothing can be done about the Washington game at this point, but that doesn't mean that it can't be corrected for the future. Maybe if Larry and the conference make Fox look like evil money-grubbing assholes (instead of themselves) there will be enough external pressure that maybe they take a less high profile game in a late slot so that the kids aren't flying thousands of miles overnight for no good damn reason.
So you want to ruin a relationship with Fox. Okay. And no good reason? There are not the available slots for the PAC 12 as there is for other conferences. Maybe explore NBC in the future so that this won't happen as often?

Are you sure Scott did not ask fox to consider Oregon State Colorado?
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

I feel the push here from UA is positioning / posturing. Of course they know it's dictated by TV. Of course they know no leverage and pretty sure they're clear what the contracts say. Did before they publicly complained. Byrne has to support RR. Byrne knew before the announced Washington game time. Pretty sure he was told (knew, how could he not?) then by pac12 not much could be done. Byrne would already know that. Byrne fully aware of the contract when he asked for consideration. But always good to go to bat and try. Maybe he was hoping the Huskies game would be put on pac12 Networks or the limited afternoon slots. Hoping Fox/ESPN would listen. Byrne knows the TV windows.

So when Fox set the time...

Building up from the frustration of no bye weeks. Let's get this in public (complain). Media will pick up on it. Media loves controversy and likes RR. Try to Force TV Networks to pay attention.

In the meantime, heh, heh, let's make it harder for the Networks to put UA in a similar situation in the final games of season (try to get some relief where wcan to help with the no bye weeks). Squeaky wheel. If they do, the foundation set to continue the conversation and let's push to get some policy in place to minimize or amend contract for the future. Also, build support from other power conferences (Ncaa autonomy). Build a more powerful coalition to put pressure on the Networks. Not just the pac12

Public pressure. With UA leading the way...

I'll add, seems more clear to me that there is a real rift between pac12 offices (somewhere) and UA. Both ways, Mutual. Maybe not huge, but something. UA/Byrne would have to known about the time slots and contracts before the complaint, but the UA complaint pretty vague and seemed to be directed right at pac12 offices to hang them out to dry already knowing they had no leverage. Just my read.
Last edited by RazorsEdgeAZ on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Chicat wrote:

So you want to ruin a relationship with Fox. Okay. And no good reason? There are not the available slots for the PAC 12 as there is for other conferences. Maybe explore NBC in the future so that this won't happen as often?

Are you sure Scott did not ask fox to consider Oregon State Colorado?
This is getting hilarious. At this point you're arguing just to argue.

Ruin the relationship? Is that a joke? What are they going to do? Cancel the multi-year/multi-million dollar contract because their wittle feelings got hurt? Is there an out clause in our TV deal if Larry Scott tells the truth?

:lol:

RazorsEdge gets it. It's about external pressure when you know internal won't do a thing. Or you can just not care, which is Larry's MO.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That's what phxcats does..bitch to bitch
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Let's get this in public (complain). Media will pick up on it. Media loves controversy and likes RR. Try to Force TV Networks to pay attention.

In the meantime, heh, heh, let's make it harder for the Networks to put UA in a similar situation in the final games of season (try to get some relief where wcan to help with the no bye weeks). Squeaky wheel. If they do, the foundation set to continue the conversation and let's push to get some policy in place to minimize or amend contract for the future. Also, build support from other power conferences (Ncaa autonomy). Build a more powerful coalition to put pressure on the Networks. Not just the pac12

Public pressure. With UA leading the way...
The public pressure is a big part of this. Byrne has been getting a lot of questions and complaints from fans about the game time scheduling. Even if nothing happens, people see that the department pushed back and didn't just sit back and play the good soldier.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ASUHATER! wrote:That's what phxcats does..bitch to bitch
No it is correcting your inaccurate post
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

They waited until RR's presser was over to announce this.
Eff Larry Scott
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Hoo boy he is gonna be fucking pissed. And if Utah is still ranked high enough they'll give us some early afternoon game I'm guessing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Fishclamps wrote:Hoo boy he is gonna be fucking pissed. And if Utah is still ranked high enough they'll give us some early afternoon game I'm guessing.
Yeah like a 1230 ABC/ESPN 2 game

FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:Hoo boy he is gonna be fucking pissed. And if Utah is still ranked high enough they'll give us some early afternoon game I'm guessing.
I'd be pissed. Tired of the day games.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Seriously what does it take for us to get 4-5 p.m. kickoff

Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
I'd be pissed. Tired of the day games.
I still look like a lobster from Saturday.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

ASUHATER! wrote:Seriously what does it take for us to get 4-5 p.m. kickoff
Know people like the conspiracies and hate on Larry Scott. Fine, no problem (not saying you ASUHater, just using your comment for my post). Continue on, but at least I can provide some details around this scheduling issues so you in the know:

MY answer for how to get more Day road games, a) is to not be a school that's in the desert. b) lose more, get on CBSN or P12Networks more often, c) be in a smaller TV market and win about the same or less.

Looking at all pac12 schools schedule this year there doesn't seem to be anything that's negatively pointed straight at AZ. AZ's schedule seems to fit in line with rest of conference. Still think this is still ruffled feathers about no bye weeks of which that's not new. Just AZ's turn this year. So conference is sharing that pain. In fact, there are some scheduling areas that AZ has "better" than couple other schools.

Washington hasn't had a day road game yet. Oregon and UCLA have the same number of Day road games this season as AZ. ASU, CU and Stanford have had more night games so far than AZ.

Remember, Byrne tweeted out that AZ (assuming ASU too) that for 1st 3 games non-con a policy in place to have AZ home games at night (heat). So there's 2 games this season already dictated to be a night game. Others in league don't have that restriction. Road games in that period fine, Like Nevada this year. Day Road game for AZ.

P12Networks has a bit more flexibility to put a team in an day/afternoon window. No surprise, CU and OSU have been on P12Network (5) times this year. Wazzu (6, small TV market). National TV networks don't care. They want eyeballs, big personalities, large enough TV markets and will choose what they want, when they want.

Here's the Details for this season all of Pac for all games TV Networks have been assigned including future games. Conspiracy away.

Day= anytime before 6pm.
ASU: ESPN/ABC (4), FOX (1) P12Network (3)
Day (2), Night (6) Number Of Road Day (2)

CAL: ESPN/ABC (3), FOX (2) P12Network (4)
Day (6), Night (3) Road Day (2)

COL: ESPN/ABC (2), FOX (1) CBSN (2), P12Network (5)
Day (4), Night (6) Road Day (2)

ORE: ESPN/ABC (5), FOX (2) P12Network (3)
Day (5), Night (4) TBD (1) Road Day (1)

OSU: ESPN/ABC (1), FOX (3) P12Network (5)
Day (6), Night (3) TBD (1) Road Day (4)

STAN: ESPN/ABC (5), FOX (2) P12Network (1)
Day (2), Night (6) Road Day (2)

UCLA: ESPN/ABC (3), FOX (3) CBSN (1) P12Network (1)
Day (4), Night (4) Road Day (1)

USC: ESPN/ABC (4), FOX (2) NBC (1) P12Network (2)
Day (5), Night (3) Road Day (2)

UTAH: ESPN/ABC (3), FOX (4) CBSN (1) P12Network (1)
Day (5), Night (4) Road Day (3)

WSH: ESPN/ABC (4), FOX (3) P12Network (3)
Day (4), Night (5) TBD (1) Road Day (0)==

WSU: ESPN/ABC (2), FOX (1) P12Network (6)==
Day (7), Night (1) TBD (1) Road Day (4)

AZ: ESPN/ABC (1), FOX (3) CBSN (1) P12Network (4)
Day (4), Night (5) Road Day (1)
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

You make some good points but remember CBS Sports is mountain west and nothing with the PAC 12 teams unless a PAC 12 team is playing at a mountain west school. Road non conference games are dictated by the TV contracts of home teams conference
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

In my opinion, he's being selective. Only Conference and 1:30pm or earlier start. Here's Conference only and Day road game (before 6pm). Guess it comes down to what is their definition of what a Day game is. Maybe they mean morning or early afternoon

@ STAN noon Fox
@ WSH 4pm Fox
@ CU 5pm P12N
@ CAL 12:30 P12N
@ Wazzu 4pm P12N
@ Utah 1:30pm ESPN
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
In my opinion, he's being selective. Only Conference and 1:30pm or earlier start. Here's Conference only and Day road game (before 6pm). Guess it comes down to what is their definition of what a Day game is. Maybe they mean morning or early afternoon
Would this tweet also be described as selective? I find it pretty apparent the discrepancy with scheduling that we are handed, I just hope it doesn't end up costing us our coach. I find it even more disturbing that this only started around the time that Miller called out the Pac 12 for being crooked, or maybe I just love a good conspiracy.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

gronk4heisman wrote: Would this tweet also be described as selective? I find it pretty apparent the discrepancy with scheduling that we are handed, I just hope it doesn't end up costing us our coach. I find it even more disturbing that this only started around the time that Miller called out the Pac 12 for being crooked, or maybe I just love a good conspiracy.
Not sure yet. Researching it. So far it doesn't seem out of line with rest of league. Facts are facts. People can still think AZ handled differently than others in league. Some are because National TV networks don't pick them to be on their airwaves. Others are , because of their TV Markets.

I'm looking for the conspiracy. In the shared tweet, it doesn't offer if that's different than rest of league or not. So far it "seems" conspiracy with the National TV networks. But I'm still researching.