Rankings And Polls

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Machina

Re: Rankings And Polls

Post by Machina »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
Machina wrote:I can't believe someone is dumb enough make a comparison of U of A football to an empty movie theatre.

PHXCATS is spot on and you are a bit correct. If you build it they will come but without them coming first it is much harder. The example of bowl games is spot on. Ohio State and Alabama always are in good bowls for that exact reason fan support even in down years. Woodman and Luke said it perfectly on Monday. If you want loyalty and a winner in town you gotta do your part and the Zoo and fans in general have not done their part
Ohio State and Alabama have fan support in down years because they have long histories of competing for national championships. They have winning traditions.
That maybe true but does not take away from the advantages they have because of their fans
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

gronk4heisman wrote:You don't go to a shitty concert at a venue in hopes of getting a better act in future weeks. "Real fan" or not, no one enjoys watching their team get the snot beat out of them and with the way we are playing right now there is a 50/50 shot that is going to happen each and every week. That is not my idea of entertainment. I would say the turnout was solid for the first three home games, but our play has gone off the cliff since then.
Yeah that Oregon State beat down and solid win at Colorado was sure off a cliff.

Just realize how much more difficult you are making it. Your choice what to do with your time and money.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Not sure what you are arguing here. I agree it would be great to have 100K fans at every game, but at the same time I am realistic and do not expect those not invested in the football team to waste their time and money to watch a team that is putting out a shitty product. When you are using wins against the two worst teams in the Pac, you are making my point for me about the shitty product. The city of Tucson as a whole is not the right demographic to expect blind faith people filling stadiums. The majority of U of A graduates who are able to get jobs that would pay enough to blindly pay to go to football games leave town to get jobs at legit companies that do not exist in Tucson. A lot of our attendance comes from Phoenix, and I would not expect any sane person to drive down from Phoenix to watch a game in which we are 50/50 to get destroyed with nothing on the line. Then again I have a wife and kids, I may feel different if I was single with nothing better to do. I have lived in Tucson for 15 years now and it is clear to me that the majority of people in this town are indifferent on UA sports in general in less we are winning. This isn't Basketball where 17K fills the stadium. Again, would I love to have 60K in the stadium each and every week? absolutely. Would it help our program in the long run? yes. Is it realistic to expect from a losing team with no winning tradition? Absolutely not. The fact that you are still going on about this like a broken record really boggles my mind. Maybe if you complain enough the stadium will fill up, with those die hard's who do not exist in mass?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

catgrad97 wrote:LSU and Alabama. This is starting to stink of corruption. Notre Dame and Michigan State are both more deserving.
Notre Dame has no business being in the Top 5, IMO.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:You don't go to a shitty concert at a venue in hopes of getting a better act in future weeks. "Real fan" or not, no one enjoys watching their team get the snot beat out of them and with the way we are playing right now there is a 50/50 shot that is going to happen each and every week. That is not my idea of entertainment. I would say the turnout was solid for the first three home games, but our play has gone off the cliff since then.
Yeah that Oregon State beat down and solid win at Colorado was sure off a cliff.
2 teams that have combined for a single conference win.

The only 2 we have beaten.