Thoughts on a 7-6 season Rich Rod Year 4

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

Re: Thoughts on a 7-6 season Rich Rod Year 4

Post by ANGCatFan »

So I'm very confused. Most wins in a 4 year period, first time with 4 bowls in a row, a PAC 12 South championship, and national recognition for Ka'Deem and Scooby, but Coach Rod should be on the hot seat?

Do we want to compete for championships or to the be most entitled, unrealistic fan base?

Holding Coach Rod accountable for an underperforming defense and keeping Coach Casteel is more than fair. I'm personally willing to give them more time due to the massive number of injuries this year, but I certainly understand the frustration and the fans that want change now. Just look what Washington is doing with their defense in year 2 under Peterson.

But being ready to dump Coach Rod? Come on, Man.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ANGCatFan wrote:So I'm very confused. Most wins in a 4 year period, first time with 4 bowls in a row, a PAC 12 South championship, and national recognition for Ka'Deem and Scooby, but Coach Rod should be on the hot seat?

Do we want to compete for championships or to the be most entitled, unrealistic fan base?

Holding Coach Rod accountable for an underperforming defense and keeping Coach Casteel is more than fair. I'm personally willing to give them more time due to the massive number of injuries this year, but I certainly understand the frustration and the fans that want change now. Just look what Washington is doing with their defense in year 2 under Peterson.

I think our performance next year should dictate the termperature of Rich Rod's seat. It is not hiot now, and it should not be, but his 1 very good year does not earn him "untouchable, no matter what" status. Others obviously disagree.

1. How many times would we have made 4 straight bowl games if every team over the last 35 years made one for going 0.500?

2. Now how many times would it have happened if we had automatic wins scheduled for all OOC games?

3. How many PAC-12 South Division championships would we have won, had they existed before 2011? I have not looked back past Stoops, but we would have won it in his next to last full season in charge (2009).

4. The national recognition for Kadeem and Scooby are great. They have next to no bearing on my view of the regime's coaching success.

He's an exceptionally engaging dude, and he had a very good 3rd year, mediocre (but very respectable given the circumstances) years in seasons 1 & 2, and a bad one in year 4 (albeit with a lot of injury issues). Solid - not exceptional - and not the best stretch in program history.

Not the resume for a guy who should be a candidate for firing (especially at a program like ours)... but one that needs a good season in the upcoming campaign. I don't view the program as being in an appreciably better spot than after the 2010 season, and we all know what happened.... I really hope that does not repeat, as I sure as hell would prefer not to start over AGAIN.

But 2 bad years in a row in 4-5, IF that were to happen, would lead me to wonder when the 'program' is going to turn - and what is going to be the catalyst. Trends matter.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

ANGCatFan wrote:So I'm very confused. Most wins in a 4 year period, first time with 4 bowls in a row, a PAC 12 South championship, and national recognition for Ka'Deem and Scooby, but Coach Rod should be on the hot seat?

I don't know if this was in reference to what I said, but I should clarify. I don't think he SHOULD be on the hot seat. I just think that the media will put him there. Or at the very least the fans.

I'm with you ANG, not ready to dump RR at all.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Ang I think your example of what UDub is doing on D in year 2 even with an up tempo offense is exactly what is so infuriating about RR. with RR we have to be in the bottom 10% of D1 defenses with the 3-3-5
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

At least on this forum there was no talk of a hotseat for RR until he interviewed for another job. We were "lucky to have him". Now, it seems, not so much. I think the SC dalliance was a mistake on his part, and reduced his political capital at UA, and so now there is more "hotseat" talk. Is a hotseat warranted? No ..... but under the circumstances the talk is warranted.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Remember, RR pales in comparison to the next hire. That guy is always the perfect fit who will lead us to the promised land. Then, if we actually pull the trigger, he has to become a real human being. Then the fan base turns on his faults and pines for the next hire, who will be perfect and lead us to the promised land.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I hope Coach Rod stays many years. He is an offensive genius and that's not going to change. All of his problems, here and other places, stem from his propensity to tolerate bad defenses. I will say one thing though, RR's defenses, on the whole, tackle a lot better than Stoops defenses.

As far as we know, he's running a clean program and has his family invested here.

Hoping he makes a change on his staff (especially if our D sucks AGAIN next year) and stays for a very long time.

Putting flame retardant suit on.....
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I think the vast majority here can agree with that, keep RR, dump Casteel.

I have no hope for the 3-3-5 defense to get out of the 100s in Div 1 total defense any time soon. OCs have figured it out. Like I mentioned before, the old Desert Swarm Double Eagle Flex isn't used anywhere any more. Once a gimmicky defense is figured out it's useless. Same with gimmicky offenses.

The 3-3-5 also affects recruiting. No upper tier defensive lineman is going to want to play in a defense that funnels ball carriers to the linebackers giving the Scoobies of the world impressive stats. So you would think that LBs would love to play for the 3-3-5. UA had a couple of 4 star recruits at LB but both fizzled out. The starting LBs pre-injuries were all 2 star recruits.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Merkin wrote:I think the vast majority here can agree with that, keep RR, dump Casteel.

I have no hope for the 3-3-5 defense to get out of the 100s in Div 1 total defense any time soon. OCs have figured it out. Like I mentioned before, the old Desert Swarm Double Eagle Flex isn't used anywhere any more. Once a gimmicky defense is figured out it's useless. Same with gimmicky offenses.

The 3-3-5 also affects recruiting. No upper tier defensive lineman is going to want to play in a defense that funnels ball carriers to the linebackers giving the Scoobies of the world impressive stats. So you would think that LBs would love to play for the 3-3-5. UA had a couple of 4 star recruits at LB but both fizzled out. The starting LBs pre-injuries were all 2 star recruits.
.....and what good defensive recruit wants to play for a DC that doesn't participate in his recruitment. Oyyy Vayy.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote:I think the vast majority here can agree with that, keep RR, dump Casteel.

Does that mean that teams that play the 3-4 can't recruit linemen as well?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azgreg wrote:

Does that mean that teams that play the 3-4 can't recruit linemen as well?
Exactly! People freak out about the scheme it's the recruiting and conservative play calling! We need to play more aggressive when we did this year (Utah, USC and 1st and 4th quarter ASU) our defense actually looked half way decent
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

It's all about personnel. You either have guys who can win battles at the line of scrimmage and fly around and make tackles, or you don't. Our defense is on par with an average Mt. West Conference program. Our offense is on par with an average-to-above-average Pac 12 program because we have an offensive minded coach who utilizes a few skill position players well. That's why we're a mediocre college football program.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Guys.....the problem is the scheme. I've said this for four years now and finally some slow fans are just starting to get it. The problem with the scheme is that it's a glorified nickel even with the personnel. It's also very difficult to recruit d lineman. Very hard. These kids and HS coaches aren't stupid. They know what the scheme is as a primary function and lots of big dogs aren't buying it. I've always said....Casteel needs to just call it a 3-4....change the functionality, and the recruits will come. RR on a whole needs to step up the recruiting big time, but I'm thinking he flies the coop after next season and SoCal thinks all of this. The grapevine is ringing with RR not being around and it will affect the bottom line.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Starting to think that RR flirtation is going to hurt more than I initially thought. Football recruiting is a viciously competitive game, and any weakness is going to be exposed. You know every recruiter is gonna be like why go to Arizona when RR is going to bolt in a year or two? Ug. Somehow that didn't affect Miller any, he came through just fine with some monster classes. But this feels different. In the next year or two, when his kids are out of hs and college, RR HAS to have a 9 win season or else his seat will be so hot his pants will be on fire.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So who will want him? Unless he he has a decent season who might offer? Is his job at the UofA so bad that he would just take less next year chief?
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:Guys.....the problem is the scheme. I've said this for four years now and finally some slow fans are just starting to get it. The problem with the scheme is that it's a glorified nickel even with the personnel. It's also very difficult to recruit d lineman. Very hard. These kids and HS coaches aren't stupid. They know what the scheme is as a primary function and lots of big dogs aren't buying it. I've always said....Casteel needs to just call it a 3-4....change the functionality, and the recruits will come. RR on a whole needs to step up the recruiting big time, but I'm thinking he flies the coop after next season and SoCal thinks all of this. The grapevine is ringing with RR not being around and it will affect the bottom line.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You have no idea what you speak of. Honestly.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

It sounds like recruiting propaganda spewed by rival programs
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azcat49 wrote:It sounds like recruiting propaganda spewed by rival programs
Seriously. Where's RR going? If he wanted to leave the SC job was waiting for him. What's going to open up next season that will interest RR and more importantly - have interest in RR? If he keeps all the other coaches on staff and he goes 8-4 at best - where's he going? You think his staff sucks and his defense sucks but then you think he's leaving next season? Look at the ages of almost every coach hired and they were in their late 30's early 40's.

He needs to go 10-2 to garner interest and how is that possible if he's such a bad coach and his defense sucks and he can't recruit? Which is it Chief? And you thought Tate was going to flip to SC.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Guys.....the problem is the scheme. I've said this for four years now and finally some slow fans are just starting to get it. The problem with the scheme is that it's a glorified nickel even with the personnel. It's also very difficult to recruit d lineman. Very hard. These kids and HS coaches aren't stupid. They know what the scheme is as a primary function and lots of big dogs aren't buying it. I've always said....Casteel needs to just call it a 3-4....change the functionality, and the recruits will come. RR on a whole needs to step up the recruiting big time, but I'm thinking he flies the coop after next season and SoCal thinks all of this. The grapevine is ringing with RR not being around and it will affect the bottom line.

Unfortunately, I do and that's why I get hit up all the time and people who once disagreed now agree. The writing is all on the wall. Does anyone on this board actually believe that Arizona is RRs last job? Come on. You're fooling yourself.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
azcat49 wrote:It sounds like recruiting propaganda spewed by rival programs
Seriously. Where's RR going? If he wanted to leave the SC job was waiting for him. What's going to open up next season that will interest RR and more importantly - have interest in RR? If he keeps all the other coaches on staff and he goes 8-4 at best - where's he going? You think his staff sucks and his defense sucks but then you think he's leaving next season? Look at the ages of almost every coach hired and they were in their late 30's early 40's.

He needs to go 10-2 to garner interest and how is that possible if he's such a bad coach and his defense sucks and he can't recruit? Which is it Chief? And you thought Tate was going to flip to SC.

I thought RR was an elite coach, DC? Are you backtracking now? You finally see that the guy you made fun of in Shaw runs circles around RR. He didn't take SC for one reason and one reason only. That reason is not around next year. WVU will take RR back in two shakes of a coon's tail once DH takes off. He'll get bites no matter what next year. Sure, his stock is dropping because now CFB sees that he refuses to fire assistants, but there is always an idiot AD. Who told you I thought Tate was flipping? Interesting.....
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What was that one reason?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:What was that one reason?
I am assuming he was referring to Rhett, but we will see what Chief says. I think the one big reason he did not leave had a $ sign in front of it, and not enough zeroes at the end of it.

I am with DC on this one. Without a really solid season next year, RR is not going to have any more attractive options, and any options he might have (as a plan B or C candidate) certainly won't involve a big pay raise. For him to have a better opportunity (if that is what he wants), he needs to have a very good 2016.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

God I am over all this arguing, wake me up when Arizona makes a rose bowl. I might be sleeping for awhile
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

RR will always have suitors because of his offensive prowess as a coach. Arizona is not a top tier coaching stop. Most can argue it isn't a middle tier. Arizona is tough to recruit at because of the location and lack of tradition. So, RR can always do better than Arizona regardless of his record at Arizona.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Newportcat wrote:God I am over all this arguing, wake me up when Arizona makes a rose bowl. I might be sleeping for awhile
You should probably take a fandom break. We all want rose bowls and huge success but you gotta take the good with the bad.I enjoy Arizona football no matter what happens. My formative years where I was introduced to Arizona football and became a fan were 2003-2007. The very first Arizona football game I ever watched on tv was the 59-13 loss at home to LSU. I was hooked. In those 5 formative years of my fandom we were 19-39 with no bowls. Yet I was at all but one game as a student. I was at the 2003 and 2005 losses to Asu. So 33-20 with a 3-1 bowl record under RR still seems hard to believe sometimes. The time is right for RR to produce next year, but c'mon man...
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:RR will always have suitors because of his offensive prowess as a coach. Arizona is not a top tier coaching stop. Most can argue it isn't a middle tier. Arizona is tough to recruit at because of the location and lack of tradition. So, RR can always do better than Arizona regardless of his record at Arizona.
We may see... I do not agree.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:RR will always have suitors because of his offensive prowess as a coach. Arizona is not a top tier coaching stop. Most can argue it isn't a middle tier. Arizona is tough to recruit at because of the location and lack of tradition. So, RR can always do better than Arizona regardless of his record at Arizona.

I'm thinking that you now believe RR is an average coach then. So his lack of choices will keep him at Arizona until he retires? Do you think that there won't be idiot ADs out there needing a wildcard hire?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

I'm thinking that you now believe RR is an average coach then. So his lack of choices will keep him at Arizona until he retires? Do you think that there won't be idiot ADs out there needing a wildcard hire?
I think that Rich Rod has proven that he can be an axcellent coach, but his stock has dropped considerably, and most of the country still views him as damaged goods. It is a "what have you done for me lately' world, and outside of one nice season - he has been bad to mediocre for the last 8 years in the eyes of most college football fans (who have not read 3 & Out, and who would not give it much weight if they did).

If he does not start to have impressive, consistent success at Arizona (as viewed by the rest of the country, not the part of this forum that view 1 winning conference record and regular 4-5 P12 seasons as our 'glory days) - then no, I do not believe he will have offers to coach at better programs for more money.

Would he get a job somewhere? Sure... but not at a BCS conference program, unless it is a bottom-of-the-barrel one (think WSU, Iowa St, Kansas, etc.). More likely a non-BCS conference team.

Have impressive success here and attractive options open up to him... But not until then.

ntUSC was the perfect storm... a plan C choice at a middling BCS conference program, and even then they would not pony up enough money to give him a raise; they preferred to take their chances with Muschamp.

Until he rehabilitates his image with results the nation finds impressive, I think that is as good as it gets for him (as far as other options go).
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

I think that Rich Rod has proven that he can be an axcellent coach, but his stock has dropped considerably, and most of the country still views him as damaged goods. It is a "what have you done for me lately' world, and outside of one nice season - he has been bad to mediocre for the last 8 years in the eyes of most college football fans (who have not read 3 & Out, and who would not give it much weight if they did).

If he does not start to have impressive, consistent success at Arizona (as viewed by the rest of the country, not the part of this forum that view 1 winning conference record and regular 4-5 P12 seasons as our 'glory days) - then no, I do not believe he will have offers to coach at better programs for more money.

Would he get a job somewhere? Sure... but not at a BCS conference program, unless it is a bottom-of-the-barrel one (think WSU, Iowa St, Kansas, etc.). More likely a non-BCS conference team.

Have impressive success here and attractive options open up to him... But not until then.

ntUSC was the perfect storm... a plan C choice at a middling BCS conference program, and even then they would not pony up enough money to give him a raise; they preferred to take their chances with Muschamp.

Until he rehabilitates his image with results the nation finds impressive, I think that is as good as it gets for him (as far as other options go).
Exactly, and why I think RR's dalliance with SC was a dumb move. In poker terms, RR bet big on the flop with 9, 10 unsuited (poor to mediocre record), got called and lost. Pretty easy to see. He should have waited until at least the turn, if not the river, when perhaps he would have had cards worth betting (winning years). Now, he is left with a low stack (eroded credibility) which he will have to rebuild. I would love to have RR at my table. Easy money.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Wonder why some of the best players in SoCal are still committed to the Cats then if SoCal thinks Rich Rod will fly the coop after next season?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

because chief is a total chode and loves to stroke himself so hard on these boards...yet is still wrong a lot of the time.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Sid wrote:
Wonder why some of the best players in SoCal are still committed to the Cats then if SoCal thinks Rich Rod will fly the coop after next season?
Because RichRod is a terrible coach who is too good for Arizona? At least that's what I've gathered from Chief's other posts.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

MrMeow wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:

Exactly, and why I think RR's dalliance with SC was a dumb move. In poker terms, RR bet big on the flop with 9, 10 unsuited (poor to mediocre record), got called and lost. Pretty easy to see. He should have waited until at least the turn, if not the river, when perhaps he would have had cards worth betting (winning years). Now, he is left with a low stack (eroded credibility) which he will have to rebuild. I would love to have RR at my table. Easy money.
Interesting take. I like it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sid wrote:
Some of the best players in SoCal? Like who? Tate? Colacion? Tate is still getting pulled in USC's direction. His hope is that he thinks he can be the starting QB next season.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

Unfortunately, I do and that's why I get hit up all the time and people who once disagreed now agree. The writing is all on the wall. Does anyone on this board actually believe that Arizona is RRs last job? Come on. You're fooling yourself.
You get hit up by people who know less than you do. Parents of disgruntled players know less than most of the folks on this board.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Some people just get off stirring the pot
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dc4azcats wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
dc4azcats wrote:

You get hit up by people who know less than you do. Parents of disgruntled players know less than most of the folks on this board.
Wilson is disgruntled? News to me. Actually, the parents are very supportive of their kids and the program. I've yet to meet anyone in the last 6 years with real knowledge on Arizona football. That's my opinion. A lot of smoke is blown for profit.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Who said Wilson was disgruntled? You are the definition of a pot stirrer Chief
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Who said Wilson was disgruntled? You are the definition of a pot stirrer Chief

Hold your horses cowboy. Don't jump off the ledge yet. DC said only disgruntled player's parents talk to me. I told him Wilson wasn't disgruntled. Sorry you got confused in order to throw out your agenda. I know a lot of the players parents and hang out with ex players yet I'm such a bad guy pot stirrer. Haha. Oh, man it must be that time of year. :roll:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You only bark on one side of the fence, the anti RR side. Look I hate his defense and would love to see Caster and the scheme dumped so many of your comments have merits.

It just seems you work so hard to advance your anti RR agenda and we never hear about the good things in the program. You are not alone in speaking to players or family members and things are not all bad chief. Balance can be your friend, it's not like we are going to slip below .500 overall soon
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I love the off season!!
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

RichRod is like Chipotle stock right now, flying high last year, but a serious case of 7-6 E. Coli bringing it back down to earth. Next few years critical see to see exactly what kind of recruiter/developer/defensive improver Rich Rod is. I don't think Byrne would dare fire RR, even after 7 or 8 win seasons, unless the defense was giving up 60 points a game (a somewhat possibility lol), but agree with the above that he really won't have options that are going to be CLEARLY ahead of an Arizona position. He's not gonna go to Alabama or Ohio State level by any means, so it's just up to if for some reason Rich wants to do a lateral transfer for some reason. He seems to like it here, and the weather, and after 5-6 seasons, seems peculiar he'd want to have to rebuild yet again at another school.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I hang out with all the parents. In fact, I hold bi-weekly pot lucks and poker nights and they all come. Then on Thursday mornings me and the entire coaching staff hit up a sauna for a schvitz and then grab a big pancake breakfast.

You can trust me because I'm some dude on the Internet constantly claiming to be connected.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Sid

Post by Sid »

chiefzona wrote:
Sid wrote:
Some of the best players in SoCal? Like who? Tate? Colacion? Tate is still getting pulled in USC's direction. His hope is that he thinks he can be the starting QB next season.
Tate can compete for the starting position at Arizona. Not likely going to win the job imho, but one more serious concussion could open the door for the starting role during the season if he moves up to the #2 spot. SC has a stud player waiting in the wings with a huge upper hand, valuable practice time, knows the playbook inside & out....things to ponder I guess?

Star rankings of HS players are nice and all, but I honestly love the inside parents perspective I receive from my friends out here in SoCal. One has a son that plays LB for Orange Lutheran and has repeatedly told me we are getting a fucking diamond in a measly 3 star that just played in the CIF State Championship. Not a lot of offers & no big name programs on his suitor list, but the same could be said about Scooby? I can't freaking wait to see what this kid can do, what about you Chief?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:I hang out with all the parents. In fact, I hold bi-weekly pot lucks and poker nights and they all come. Then on Thursday mornings me and the entire coaching staff hit up a sauna for a schvitz and then grab a big pancake breakfast.

You can trust me because I'm some dude on the Internet constantly claiming to be connected.
Are you a deposed Nigerian prince who needs my bank account info to put his riches into?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Sid wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
Sid wrote:
Tate can compete for the starting position at Arizona. Not likely going to win the job imho, but one more serious concussion could open the door for the starting role during the season if he moves up to the #2 spot. SC has a stud player waiting in the wings with a huge upper hand, valuable practice time, knows the playbook inside & out....things to ponder I guess?

Star rankings of HS players are nice and all, but I honestly love the inside parents perspective I receive from my friends out here in SoCal. One has a son that plays LB for Orange Lutheran and has repeatedly told me we are getting a fucking diamond in a measly 3 star that just played in the CIF State Championship. Not a lot of offers & no big name programs on his suitor list, but the same could be said about Scooby? I can't freaking wait to see what this kid can do, what about you Chief?
I agree that Tate can compete but there are some things being held in the balance right now. That can change. Funny, I know a few OLU players and have worked with Northington. I know Fitschen, Lathan and a few others and I am close to the program. Colacion is a diamond in the rough but he is a bit raw and size will be a factor. He'll have to hit the gym and work hard with learning the scheme and his position. He is a natural though and was one of my favorite LBs out of SoCals. However, there are a few that are better than him. I was happy when he committed though.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Newportcat wrote:God I am over all this arguing, wake me up when Arizona makes a rose bowl. I might be sleeping for awhile
You should probably take a fandom break. We all want rose bowls and huge success but you gotta take the good with the bad.I enjoy Arizona football no matter what happens. My formative years where I was introduced to Arizona football and became a fan were 2003-2007. The very first Arizona football game I ever watched on tv was the 59-13 loss at home to LSU. I was hooked. In those 5 formative years of my fandom we were 19-39 with no bowls. Yet I was at all but one game as a student. I was at the 2003 and 2005 losses to Asu. So 33-20 with a 3-1 bowl record under RR still seems hard to believe sometimes. The time is right for RR to produce next year, but c'mon man...
I gotta take the good with the bad....please remind me when it has been good with Arizona football??? My first U of A game was watching Arizona play Penn State in 1999 in the Coronado dorm. I think it was a sign. Only one year since 1999 have we beat ASU and then gone on to win a bowl game. So not sure what everyone's definition of good and bad is but to me a good Arizona season is beating ASU and winning a Bowl game. So to me, been mostly all bad and I do not see things changing anytime soon with our piss poor defensive scheme.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Great logical comeback ASUHATER.

You keep believing that we can make a Rose Bowl with average/below average PAC 12 recruiting classes, basically no NFL talent along the OL and DL, and a terrible 3-3-5 defense....good luck with that. Let me know how that goes.

The time is right for Rich Rod to produce next year given it is year 5, he has all his recruits in, everyone knows the system, we get a bye etc but I will believe it when I see it. I am not buying into any optimism about Arizona Football anymore.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That is the only logical response to your whining.