Jeff Worthy

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

Jeff Worthy

Post by Puerco »

https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college- ... om-1128140

Good free interview with Worthy posted on Rivals. He's a really well-spoken kid. OKG.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
BearDown89

Re: Jeff Worthy

Post by BearDown89 »

Soft spoken, humble. Good for him. Hope he does well. Funny, he's anxiously awaiting the QB announcement like the rest of us.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

KId comes off well in that interview and I am rooting for him... We certainly can use him.

I'll wait before jumping in both feet with the OKG declaration... Kid has a lot of history that isn't getting erased as a result of one interview - but I hope he is as sincere and committed as he appears to be.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Another well-written article by Anthony Gimino, this time about Jeff Worthy
Worthy was one of the top prizes in Boise State's 2011 recruiting class, a four-star recruit out of Whittier Christian High School in La Habra, Calif., who turned down offers from UCLA, Arizona State, Oregon State and Nebraska, among others.

"I was an 18-year-old know-it-all," Worthy said.

"I thought I was the best player out there. And I was just an idiot. Plain and simple. I was an idiot. Just doing the wrong thing."

Worthy redshirted in 2011, was suspended for most of the 2012 season, was reinstated in early February 2013 ... and then almost immediately after that he got the call. Two days after announcing Worthy was back on the team, Petersen said the defensive tackle had been dismissed.

"The person I was then is not the person I am today," Worthy said.

"I needed to be a better person and do the right things and stop worrying about the parties and the girls and all that crap. That stuff doesn't matter, in retrospect, compared to this. This is my priority. Football is my priority."
Formerly McLurvin
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Really liking this kid's attitude. What'd he do that got him booted?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Puerco wrote:Really liking this kid's attitude. What'd he do that got him booted?
Looks like "undisclosed" was the answer. Probably "broke team rules" and other standard non-answers.

http://www.obnug.com/2013/2/6/3962094/j ... m-the-team

I'm excited for the kid. Sounds like he has a better attitude and will work hard given this second chance.