1 Tellas Jones

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

1 Tellas Jones

Post by ANGCatFan »

Jones is a 6'0", 206, redshirt Senior safety from Miami, FL. He was one of the breakout players from last year starting 11 games as the bandit safety and finishing 5th on the team in tackles with 55 as well as 7 tackles for a loss including 3 sacks. Jones is the next leading returning tackler behind Paul Magloire and also the sack leader of returning players.

He is scheduled to start tomorrow as the spur safety (Will Parks spot from last year), so look to Jones to be one of the big play makers this year. Now, I say scheduled, because Jones missed spring practice after being stopped with drug paraphernalia in his car and I have never read if his punishment is complete. He also missed the first game of last year for "unspecified violation of team rules".

According to Jones he has learned from his mistakes. Here is what he told SBN at the start of fall camp,
"It was definitely a depressing time for me and I did a lot of soul-searching and praying on it," Jones explained on Friday. "It was good for me too because I learned a lot from it."

"I’ve changed a lot since then. Football is very, very important to me. It’s important to my family, my friends, my teammates, and I owe it to them to do the right thing. I definitely don’t want to do anything to hurt those relationships."

"It feels wonderful to be back with my teammates and coaches. I feel the love and it’s just wonderful to be back."

"I know with these freshmen coming in, they don’t fully know what’s expected of them," Jones explained. "So I try to do as much as I can like helping out the coaches with coaching, and making sure guys are doing the right thing and watching film. If you want to be good at (football), you gotta do things at home to be where you want to be and take it to the next level."
Jones could be one of the leaders on defense. He has talked about filling the role of Jared Tevis, Tra'Mayne Bondurant and Will Parks of not only producing on the field, but mentoring and leading the younger players. If he does that this could be a big year for Jones and certainly better than letting his football career go up in smoke.

That is it! The countdown is complete and tomorrow starts another season of Wildcat football. Hopefully you learned something about several of the players or, if nothing else, the countdown helped the summer go a little faster. Bear Down for Zach!

1 is the number of PAC 12 South titles won by the Wildcats.

No. 1
Most Consecutive 100-yard Rushing Games: 16, Ka’Deem Carey, from Nov. 10, 2012 (vs. Colorado), to Dec. 31, 2013 (vs. Boston College)
Pac-12 record: Carey

VegasCatFan

Re: 1 Tellas Jones

Post by VegasCatFan »

As always, love the countdown. Thank you so much for doing it every year. I start getting excited for the football season when I see Day 99. Hope to maybe see some of you at a tailgate tomorrow before the game.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ANG, you are the fucking man. Thanks so much for the countdown!!!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Just an awesome job Ang. Thanks very much.

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY LET'S GET THIS THING STARTED!!!!!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Well done ANG as always.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Thank you ANG!
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

ANG for president. No, really.
wilbur1997

Post by wilbur1997 »

Thank you for doing this, ANG! This helps me get through the "boring sports season" (aka summer). FOOTBALL IS HERE! WOOOOO!!!
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Thanks ANG!!!!!
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

From the faint glimmer of hope that 99 brings us, to the "woo-hoo!" that 1 brings us... thanks ANG. It's a long offseason and this is always something that gets us through.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

An is the best. If there was an article, he posted it. For 99 days he grinder away in our behalf, keeping us entertained.

If we ever meet, beers on me till you pass out buddy!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion