21 Orlando Bradford

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

21 Orlando Bradford

Post by ANGCatFan »

Bradford is a 5'8", 206, Sophomore running back from Shreveport, LA. He played in 10 games last year primarily as the 3rd back rushing 47 times for 208 yards and 3 TDs. Bradford had his biggest game against Oregon St. when he carried the ball 19 times for 83 yards and all 3 of his TDs (a great RAP pick up for that one week). Bradford should see a big jump in carries this year (Wilson and Baker had 134 and 131 carries respectively last year) and he will have to prove he can carry the extra load.

21 is the Arizona record for career interceptions set by Chuck Cecil from 1984-1987. One of those interceptions will live forever in Wildcat history.

No. 21
Most consecutive games catching a pass: 42, Dennis Northcutt (Oct. 26, 1996, vs. Oregon St. to Nov. 27, 1999, vs. ASU); Bobby Wade (Sept. 18, 1999, vs. Stanford to Nov. 29, 2002, vs. ASU, missed one game due to injury)
Merkin

Re: 21 Orlando Bradford

Post by Merkin »

Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Nick hasn't been the most durable either. Not good
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Looks like JJ will be seeing the field more
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

:(
Last edited by dirtbags on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

good lord, what did he do?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

so at rb behind wilson all we have now is true freshman jj taylor, zach green and like 2 walk ons.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:so at rb behind wilson all we have now is true freshman jj taylor, zach green and like 2 walk ons.
Look at the bright side, none of them have run enough to get tired or hurt..........yet.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

must be bad...or our coaching staff doesn't play...to do this now.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

especially immediate dismissal like this, must be pretty bad. like sexual assault/robbery/violent crime bad with very obvious evidence of guilt.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Main Event wrote:
if he was arrested this afternoon...and it's only 3 pm...then that means the team decided to kick him off in a matter of an hour or two of being arrested. must be damning evidence.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

See ya...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Eugene Edgerson and Jesse Perry just shake their heads.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Stupid stupid.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Gilbertcat wrote:Stupid stupid.
Sounds a whole lot worse than "stupid".
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I don't know what else to say, kid needs waterboarding?
Sid

Post by Sid »

JJ motherfucking Taylor.....

Let's do this!
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Can someone tell me what type of psychological evaluation athletic departments can use when recruiting these kids?

I mean, they are offering a scholarships, room, board, training, etc. That is a huge investment. Not to mention that there are a limited number of slots so that leaves some other kid out in the rain. AND they are being put in close contact with the some of the youngest and most impressionable folks out there..college students.

Maybe the NCAA charges the conference some fee and in return they deliver an evaluation to all kids the schools are serious about. Of course it would have to be a collaboration with some recognized psychological board. They don't need to share any of the data, they can just provide some kind of pass/fail logic. They can also give some results back to the kids and maybe even some type of counseling.

Let's put the hundreds of millions that the schools, conferences, networks, etc. make and put it to good use...the mental health of young student athletes.

I hear you....Title IX makes this cost prohibitive...maybe it is time to treat "big time" college football for what it is ..NFL minor leagues..and separate the football programs from the schools, they can license back the trademarks. OK, that leaves all of the other sports out in the cold...well, the current system amounts to sports welfare and not really fair to the kids that are the "talent." In a free market, the fballers and bballers would be making much more and teams would undoubtedly run them through psy evals.. I would imagine a lot of these situations and one that have happened on other campuses would never have happened(Baylor) Ok, sorry about that tangent, I was venting...this sucks for so many reasons.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

According to Scott Coleman of Tucson News Now, Bradford is facing seven felony counts — three counts of domestic violence kidnapping and four counts of domestic violence aggravated assault.

Coleman also reports that the incidents happened "over the last several days", and Bradford was arrested Wednesday and is currently being processed at Pima County Jail
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

This sucks. Still gets his day in court, and if he's acquitted, then I hope he lands on his feet. If he's guilty, I hope he gets his life straightened out after the justice system is done with him.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

So he get arrested and dismissed from the team and possible facing Jail time. So were down to what now 4 RB on the roster now.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

If he's guilty, which there's probably a 98% chance he is since he was just slapped with 7 felonies and dismissed from the team.................I hope he eats shit. I understand there most oftentimes is no way to know that a kid is going to turn out like this when you recruit him. But universities, AD's, boosters and coaches continue to take some big risks with kids, some of who inevitably end up being exposed as animals, who have no business being on a university campus. If you're the mother or father of a daughter attending a university, I would not be too thrilled to hear her tell me that she's friends with football players, or dating one. And no my feelings have nothing to do with race, there are tons of white college football players who fit this description too. As well as white swimmers at Stanford too.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Well,

Its not bad enough that we are saddled with being in the lowest quartile of the team talent gene pools terms of PAC12 football but now we get to add to the maze of astonishment that we also have players that appear to be in the lower quartile of the intelligence gene pool.

I'm not even sure I could actually set out to **** up bad enough to get 7 alleged felonies placed against me. This is a case of a special kind of stupid.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I hope the girl is ok.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Very impressive.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

What's crazy is he was at practice today. You would think he would know what was coming. Special kind of stupid is right
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

azcat49 wrote:What's crazy is he was at practice today. You would think he would know what was coming. Special kind of stupid is right
Twinned with a special kind of arrogance.

I'm all about innocent until proven guilty, but if proven guilty...what a f'n waste.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Innocent until proven guilty BUT if these domestic violence charges are true (Which usually they are), there is a cold place in hell for Bradford.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

7 felonies and it's only a $20K bond? That would be over $100K out here in Cali.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

Kid sounds like he might have some anger management issues that have never occurred before. Wonder if there was so much pressure to succeed he sought help from some PED's that could effect mental state. It is also known that repeated concussions might have an impact on one's mental state. I refuse to pass judgement on the kid until all the facts come out and that includes some kind of psychological eval. All that said, I certainly sympathize with the victim being the son of a battered mother. I know not everyone feels the same about justice but I think rehabilitation should be just as an important component of our justice system as punishment. If guilty, he needs to pay his dues, get help, and then live a productive life away from UA.

I am not a bible thumper but there are some gems in there.

"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" -John 8:7
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I was wondering too if the anger issues came out of him being named co-starter then getting 3rd string carries, 1 v. BYU and 4 v. GSU.

Not making excuses, there is no call for what he did.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

'Domestic Violence Kidnapping'...?

Buh bye, douchebag.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

UALoco wrote:Kid sounds like he might have some anger management issues that have never occurred before. Wonder if there was so much pressure to succeed he sought help from some PED's that could effect mental state. It is also known that repeated concussions might have an impact on one's mental state. I refuse to pass judgement on the kid until all the facts come out and that includes some kind of psychological eval. All that said, I certainly sympathize with the victim being the son of a battered mother. I know not everyone feels the same about justice but I think rehabilitation should be just as an important component of our justice system as punishment. If guilty, he needs to pay his dues, get help, and then live a productive life away from UA.

I have never beaten or kidnapped any girlfriend, friend, or acquaintance. I have punched someone once while I was blackout drunk, but it was with boxing gloves on. But still, I think that qualifies me for being able to call a spade a spade. If he emotionally and physically abused a young lady, and also kidnapped her/forced her to stay somewhere, then he is a terrible person that needs to be punished. Hopefully, the punishment that he gets will ensure that he doesn't repeat the same behaviors, and he gets help dealing with his issues. I'm certainly not going to go out on a limb for him and make up some BS excuses about what else may have caused these seven felonies over multiple days.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

three of the seven top headlines on espn's cfb landing page right now are for criminal activity at pac-12 programs (UA, usc, wazzu). :?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

To Rich Rod's credit he doesn't tolerate certain behaviors but in the past he has put them on suspension and then let them work through the problem and then they're usually handed some other tasks by the coach to be reinstated. This was a flat no other alternative dismissal which makes me think there may have been something ongoing for awhile that we knew nothing about. When this happened it was Good bye Orlando. Those are exactly my sentiments, "Good bye Orlando".
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RichRod suspended Kadeem Carey for one worthless game v. NAU when he was arrested for misdemeanor assault on his girlfriend, along with getting ejected from a basketball game due to an alteration with security. Kadeem was also served with a restraining order.

Pretty good punishment actually although he was Kadeem mutha frickin' Carey he lost out on a chance to win the national rushing title.

Charges later dropped when he reconciled with her.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Merkin wrote:RichRod suspended Kadeem Carey for one worthless game v. NAU when he was arrested for misdemeanor assault on his girlfriend, along with getting ejected from a basketball game due to an alteration with security. Kadeem was also served with a restraining order.

Pretty good punishment actually although he was Kadeem mutha frickin' Carey he lost out on a chance to win the national rushing title.

What exactly are you getting at here? Ka'Deem had a kid with that lady, by the way, and being mouthy to security guys =/= kidnapping and felonious assault.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Ryan Finley posted the details on twitter if you are following him. Scratch on his car and a milkshake started the argument. I am mobile but otheraise would post them. Pulled her by the hair upstairs
gumby

Post by gumby »

RichRod could always go the Mike Leach route: Blame PD and media for "targeting" players.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/s ... legations/" target="_blank
Leach went so far as to say that the profiling was worse than the allegations of assault made against his players, noting that police have arrested only his players in incidents that clearly involved others.
Right where I want to be.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Merkin wrote:RichRod suspended Kadeem Carey for one worthless game v. NAU when he was arrested for misdemeanor assault on his girlfriend, along with getting ejected from a basketball game due to an alteration with security. Kadeem was also served with a restraining order.

"Pretty good punishment actually although he was Kadeem mutha frickin' Carey he lost out on a chance to win the national rushing title."

Solid!
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

qwertyus wrote:

What exactly are you getting at here? Ka'Deem had a kid with that lady, by the way, and being mouthy to security guys =/= kidnapping and felonious assault.
I think he's just supporting tgrumpy2's point, that this was an ongoing, systemic and therefore deeper issue with Bradford, while Carey's suspension was a show of being proactive by RichRod.

Although the security at Arizona games really can be difficult not to be mouthy at.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Enjoy getting your ass hole enlarged kid.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

at this point he's looking at at least 10 years in prison

UALoco

Post by UALoco »

qwertyus wrote:
UALoco wrote:Kid sounds like he might have some anger management issues that have never occurred before. Wonder if there was so much pressure to succeed he sought help from some PED's that could effect mental state. It is also known that repeated concussions might have an impact on one's mental state. I refuse to pass judgement on the kid until all the facts come out and that includes some kind of psychological eval. All that said, I certainly sympathize with the victim being the son of a battered mother. I know not everyone feels the same about justice but I think rehabilitation should be just as an important component of our justice system as punishment. If guilty, he needs to pay his dues, get help, and then live a productive life away from UA.

I have never beaten or kidnapped any girlfriend, friend, or acquaintance. I have punched someone once while I was blackout drunk, but it was with boxing gloves on. But still, I think that qualifies me for being able to call a spade a spade. If he emotionally and physically abused a young lady, and also kidnapped her/forced her to stay somewhere, then he is a terrible person that needs to be punished. Hopefully, the punishment that he gets will ensure that he doesn't repeat the same behaviors, and he gets help dealing with his issues. I'm certainly not going to go out on a limb for him and make up some BS excuses about what else may have caused these seven felonies over multiple days.
Ok..2nd person...ef him.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Details are just sickening.

http://tucson.com/news/local/crime/arti ... b7af2.html" target="_blank

Newly released court documents show that Bradford strangled her several times, at one point telling her, "say bye to your mom."

He proceeded to drag her upstairs to his bedroom and begin punching her in the ribs, saying, "tell me the truth or this is going on all night long," according to the court documents.
Bradford asked the victim if she was texting "another dude," pushed her onto the bed and began choking her, saying that if she didn't tell the truth he would choke her until she blacked out, the court document said.

The woman told police that Bradford let go of her neck, locked the bedroom door and took his shirt off, before punching her in the ribs.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

What a POS
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion