Quarterbacks

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BMalo

Re: Quarterbacks

Post by BMalo »

Dawkins has done more than enough to win the starting job over a healthy Anu. Dawkins' threat to run pulled 2 defenders off receivers opening up Brown on the first down before we scored at the end of the 4th. He can make the throws, he just needs to not be so quick to throw it away. No way we were even in this game as late as we were if Anu started.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I'm a big fan of Solomon, but Dawkins took the starting job tonight.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azpenguin wrote:I'm a big fan of Solomon, but Dawkins took the starting job tonight.
Absolutely. He gives us the best chance to win right now.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Somebody explain to me where are the plays to Griffey and Poindexter? I know they were running well and the JJ news is fucked, but a little more passing up top . . .

I'm all in on Dawkins.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

BearDown89 wrote:Somebody explain to me where are the plays to Griffey and Poindexter? I know they were running well and the JJ news is fucked, but a little more passing up top . . .

I'm all in on Dawkins.
Poindexter got 2 catches in a row before he hobbled off the field. Don't remember seeing him after that.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Fishclamps wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:Somebody explain to me where are the plays to Griffey and Poindexter? I know they were running well and the JJ news is fucked, but a little more passing up top . . .

I'm all in on Dawkins.
Poindexter got 2 catches in a row before he hobbled off the field. Don't remember seeing him after that.
Yeah Poindexter got hurt early on and was out the rest of the game. Dawkins has got to find Griffey though. It was very curious how Dawkins was 11/11 to start off the game and then just fell completely off in the passing game.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I'm all in on Dawkins.
Anyone notice that the final play was go get it type of play to TJ. No idea why you wouldn't want Griffey on the side You are rolling to.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That Dawkins, Stiff arm to avoid the sack, "get off me", run to the right and then toss for 40 was a thing of beauty.

Anu would've been sacked or run out of bounds.

Love Dawkins.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

OSUCat wrote:

I'm all in on Dawkins.
Anyone notice that the final play was go get it type of play to TJ. No idea why you wouldn't want Griffey on the side You are rolling to.
We don't really know what they had planned; the bad snap broke the play.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:

I'm all in on Dawkins.
Yeah Poindexter got hurt early on and was out the rest of the game. Dawkins has got to find Griffey though. It was very curious how Dawkins was 11/11 to start off the game and then just fell completely off in the passing game.
Well and the 2 times he threw to Griffey were PI's on Washington. Dunno why you wouldn't keep taking advantage of that.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Okay, I missed the Poindexter injury. I like him. And then Griffey, for those who can pick it up, is he not getting open or can BD just not get it there yet, or something else?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BearDown89 wrote:Okay, I missed the Poindexter injury. I like him. And then Griffey, for those who can pick it up, is he not getting open or can BD just not get it there yet, or something else?
It looked like they were doubling Griffey with their safety over the top.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Fishclamps wrote:

I'm all in on Dawkins.
JJ was unstoppable on the ground, and it takes the pressure off the passing game.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

well we are going to need him at some point when BD get snicked on a play or he has an off game and we need Anu's arm
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

azcat49 wrote:well we are going to need him at some point when BD get snicked on a play or he has an off game and we need Anu's arm
folks are going to be calling for tate's shirt at that point. :D agree with @choochoo that dawk needs to find griffey (and samajie)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/i ... reer-start" target="_blank
3. Brandon Dawkins, Arizona: The Wildcats ended up falling 35-28 in overtime to Washington, but Dawkins delivered a darn near superhuman performance down the stretch to keep the underdogs in it. First came a 56-yard run in which Dawkins' long strides and impressive upper body strength made him resemble Colin Kaepernick in his prime. Then came a Houdini act of a play: Dawkins escaped a sack, ranged to the sideline, and then unleashed a 54-yard strike to Shun Brown while falling away with a rusher in his face.
Gimino

Post by Gimino »

Braxton Burmeister keeps setting big-time San Diego Section records (and be sure to check out the embedded video interview... kid has a winning personality, too).

Burmeister sets another San Diego prep record
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He seems to have all the tools but to be fair those records are not being set against the top level of Cali football.

What JJ Taylor did last year number wise was truly impressive given the level of play it was accomplished at. BB is playing like 2 or 3 levels down from the top.

Still he looks like he has all the tools to succeed at a high level in college
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I hope Dawkins gets healthy because he is the only qb who gives the Cats a chance at a win.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Could use Connor right now.

http://www.toddstarnes.com/column/footb ... tandsalone" target="_blank
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

carcassdragger wrote:Could use Connor right now.

OL.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Merkin wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:Could use Connor right now.

OL.

Whoops, duh, sorry about that.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I kind of like this Lev guy. he asks and points out tough things. I know he used to cover the USC Trojans so I am sure he is not shy like a lot of the other home town scribes.

I think it was him who asked RR about being 0-3 and the teams mindset when RR then bristled bak about nobody likes losing and that they wouldn't quit. Sure looks and sounds like some of the players have. Maybe time to ask that question again
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prh

Post by prh »

And in both of those instances, he's staring right at the receiver. It was really frustrating to hear Tim Brando rag on our receivers for not continuing to work to get open when the play breaks down. I'm watching, thinking "yeah they know there is no chance the ball will get thrown." Nice that Lev confirmed that thought.