2017 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: 2017 recruits/commitment thread

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:i want a sonoran dog
I haven't found one here in Phoenix. Still looking.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:

There's an El Guero Canelo on the west side now. My son went a couple weeks ago.

51st and McDowell
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I know most of us have jumped on the Braxton Burmeister dog and pony show bandwagon here. I know he's an important part in our recruiting puzzle this year so I don't want to make light of it.But are there any other decent recruits out there we have a chance to pull in? I heard we were trying to flip a running back from Michigan and I know we offered a big offensive lineman from California. How are we doing with these kids and what else is simmering in the pot out there? Do we have any shot at some big defensive lineman? Oh and what ever happened to that flake of a defensive end from Arizona Western that wasn't eligible and went off to Eastern Arizona. Is he ever going to wear Arizona Red and Blue?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:

There's an El Guero Canelo on the west side now. My son went a couple weeks ago.

51st and McDowell
Thanks for the info.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Don't kill the messenger but he has changed his mind. Sorry to get people's hopes up. I am not one of those guys who just wants attention. I don't like reporting that is not true.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Well that fucking sucks.

Enjoy the rain and getting recruited over Braxton.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

lol ok then. so we just have dawkins and tate for next year then?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:Well that fucking sucks.

and sitting on the bench when he could be starting as a true freshman at Arizona.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Sooo yep

Dawkins
Tate
Werlinger
Rhett Rod

them's be our qbs.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:Sooo yep

Dawkins
Tate
Werlinger
Rhett Rod

them's be our qbs.
CFP here we come!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Rhett rod knows the playbook right?

Ha ow far are we from the cliff? Or have we gone over it already?
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Ha. I barely care and that's really disturbing. Me and my apathy can't fucking wait for RR to be gone.

Can we go back to talking about sonoran hotdogs?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Look for a 75% run/25% pass mix with those throwing arms.

CalStateTempe wrote:Rhett rod knows the playbook right?

Ha ow far are we from the cliff? Or have we gone over it already?

With daddy likely gone during/after next season I imagine he will redshirt then transfer.
Last edited by Merkin on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

threenumberones wrote:Ha. I barely care and that's really disturbing. Me and my apathy can't fucking wait for RR to be gone.

Can we go back to talking about sonoran hotdogs?
BK's and Aqui Con El Nene are my go to for Sonora dogs.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Update from Rosenblatt:

http://kokomoperspective.com/sports/nca ... 89a51.html" target="_blank
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin wrote:

and sitting on the bench when he could be starting as a true freshman at Arizona.
This reads like the message board for some shit basketball school after UA gets a commitment from a kid they had their hearts set on.

I don't like how these kids commit and de-commit all the time... but this staff is toast and he has to know it. He should have stayed decommitted the first time, because coming here for 1 year and then facing a regime change (most likely) would suck.

Kid got a better offer and do what almost every head coach does EVERY time he gets a better offer. And we all know damn well our HC would have.

(Putting on my UA Hoops fan hat) "the kid is a competitor and want to be the best. He is not afraid of competition."
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UA has had one QB take a snap in the NFL in the PAC era.

Oregon has had how many? Of course Akili Smith is one of the biggest busts in the NFL, but made millions doing it.

Easy choice if that was me thinking about a NFL future.

Oregon coeds are just as hot as UA coeds too.

Has RichRod been on the phone with BB besides a courtesy call? With all these players are recruits bailing it seems like he isn't even trying.

Tilford is probably thinking WTF am I doing?
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:

51st and McDowell
I went on opening day. Just as good as the ones in Tucson.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin wrote:UA has had one QB take a snap in the NFL in the PAC era.

Oregon has had how many? Of course Akili Smith is one of the biggest busts in the NFL, but made millions doing it.

Has RichRod been on the phone with BB besides a courtesy call? With all these players are recruits bailing it seems like he isn't even trying.

After the season we had, I am surprised the defections did not start sooner. Some will say that it's the lack of an extension for RR that is causing this - but I would not be in support of that move.

I think this loss will drop our class to 22-23 on the Rivals rankings.
Tilford has to be pissed at BB... I appreciate the kid sticking with us and hope he kills it here. He had some serious offers.

Do people really think BB would have started next year as a true frosh? I don't...
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Harvey Specter wrote: Do people really think BB would have started next year as a true frosh? I don't...
I'm not sure Dawkins and Tate can even hits the open nets in throwing practice. This reminds me of the Chuck Levy or the Ronnie Veal years.

Look next year for a year of games like ASU, where the Cats don't even attempt a pass during a half.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

C'mon..RR is not trying?...What evidence do you have he is not trying? That he is not calling or visiting the recruits? You can lead a horse to water....

We can win with Dawkins, Tilford and a marginally improved defense. Not having a running back is what really killed us this year. We've won with a crappy D before. If BB chooses the Ducks, well good luck to him..I am going to focus on the young men who stayed loyal and honored their commitment. I am gonna give the coaches the benefit of the doubt that they are still putting in the effort until it is proven otherwise. If we do suck next year, and RR is let go, I will support Greg Byrne and his next choice. I bleed Red and Blue and I can't help it. Stupid, I know.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Harvey Specter wrote:

After the season we had, I am surprised the defections did not start sooner. Some will say that it's the lack of an extension for RR that is causing this - but I would not be in support of that move.

Tilford has to be pissed at BB... I appreciate the kid sticking with us and hope he kills it here. He had some serious offers.

Do people really think BB would have started next year as a true frosh? I don't...

Nor do I. I'm no h.s. QB judge, but the kid played at La Jolla Country Day, a tiny less than athletically minor private school playing less than athletically minor competition. Had BB put up those numbers at Cathedral Catholic (Calif. State Champs), or the likes, then maybe - and only maybe.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Merkin wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote: Do people really think BB would have started next year as a true frosh? I don't...
I'm not sure Dawkins and Tate can even hits the open nets in throwing practice. This reminds me of the Chuck Levy or the Ronnie Veal years.

Look next year for a year of games like ASU, where the Cats don't even attempt a pass during a half.
BJ Denker started here when ANu was in the program.

Then again, there is a bit more pressure to produce in 2017 than there was in 2013.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UALoco wrote:

C'mon..RR is not trying?...What evidence do you have he is not trying? That he is not calling or visiting the recruits? You can lead a horse to water....

We can win with Dawkins, Tilford and a marginally improved defense. Not having a running back is what really killed us this year. We've won with a crappy D before. If BB chooses the Ducks, well good luck to him..I am going to focus on the young men who stayed loyal and honored their commitment. I am gonna give the coaches the benefit of the doubt that they are still putting in the effort until it is proven otherwise. If we do suck next year, and RR is let go, I will support Greg Byrne and his next choice. I bleed Red and Blue and I can't help it. Stupid, I know.
It is not stupid... it is being a loyal fan of the program. We have no choice but to hope for the best and deal with it.

I don't know how the coaches' effort on the recruiting trail can be proven, but I don't think our recent stumbles are the result of that.

It is the result of a program in shambles, and the lead recruiter for some of these studs leaving did not help.

If we end up on par with past classes (which appears likely), that's actually an improvement (on a relative basis). We are coming up on year 6, and there is no "promise of a rising program" to sell. We are paying the piper for past recruiting failures & shitty results that put us in that position.

As for "rooting on the kids that want to be Cats"... I am all for it. But there aren't very many kids that do who had other attractive options.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

UALoco wrote:

Not stupid, I'm with you 100% and the rest of these vultures make me sick. All of you sitting on the fence waiting for something to gasp its last breath so you can pick the carcass clean. I don't think a one of you put much thought into anything you wrote in this thread. At this point I hope that little sissy Burmeister goes to Oregon and gets a mouthful of karma shoved down his throat for the drama he's caused here. F#*k him and the white horse he didn't ride in on. I hope RR goes 9-3 and sticks it up all your rear ends. And if he does turn it around half the posters in here will still be griping and carrying on. Good luck to you all, you need it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
UALoco wrote:

Not stupid, I'm with you 100% and the rest of these vultures make me sick. All of you sitting on the fence waiting for something to gasp its last breath so you can pick the carcass clean. I don't think a one of you put much thought into anything you wrote in this thread. At this point I hope that little sissy Burmeister goes to Oregon and gets a mouthful of karma shoved down his throat for the drama he's caused here. F#*k him and the white horse he didn't ride in on. I hope RR goes 9-3 and sticks it up all your rear ends. And if he does turn it around half the posters in here will still be griping and carrying on. Good luck to you all, you need it.

Past performance predicts future results.

Please tell where what you have seen (recruiting, coaching staff, current roster, RR, etc etc) that informs your opinion, that RR can go 9-3 next year? objective evidence please.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Merkin wrote:

This reads like the message board for some shit basketball school after UA gets a commitment from a kid they had their hearts set on.

I don't like how these kids commit and de-commit all the time... but this staff is toast and he has to know it. He should have stayed decommitted the first time, because coming here for 1 year and then facing a regime change (most likely) would suck.

Kid got a better offer and do what almost every head coach does EVERY time he gets a better offer. And we all know damn well our HC would have.

(Putting on my UA Hoops fan hat) "the kid is a competitor and want to be the best. He is not afraid of competition."
I don't wish the kid any ill will. Just wanted him in a UA uniform and I think he'd have a much better shot at playing early at Arizona.

If I had said he was overrated or that I hope he gets injured, that would read "like the message board for some shit basketball school after UA gets a commitment from a kid they had their hearts set on."
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
Merkin wrote:

I don't wish the kid any ill will. Just wanted him in a UA uniform and I think he'd have a much better shot at playing early at Arizona.

If I had said he was overrated or that I hope he gets injured, that would read "like the message board for some shit basketball school after UA gets a commitment from a kid they had their hearts set on."
If that school was ASU - yes.

I get it... I wish he was coming here, too. And he would have had a much better chance at playing at Arizona - assuming our next coach runs a scheme he is well suited to.

And he also would likely not have been a part of a legitimate team until year 4 or 5 in the program, if ever. But those are things he should have known when he re-committed the 2nd time.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yeah, it's the fact that this is his second decommitment that is really chapping my ass. Change your mind once? Fine. Flip flopping again? I'm not a big enough person to wish him good luck.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
UALoco wrote:

Please tell where what you have seen (recruiting, coaching staff, current roster, RR, etc etc) that informs your opinion, that RR can go 9-3 next year? objective evidence please.

Tell me what evidence you have that UALoco has any idea what Tilford is thinking or that RR isn't calling the recruits but you didn't say anything about that because it seems to fit your negative narrative. I didn't say I thought RR would go 9-3, I said I hope he does and if he does you'll still find something to complain and whine about. Let me give you another example. I listened to the whining all season long about linebackers being inferior and oh god what are we going to do and the sky is falling and now those inferior linebackers are all gone and people are complaining that they're gone. See, it never stops. LOL
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

If Burmeister is going to Oregon, he may be way laid for awhile-Portland Airport is closed and It is snowing like a mofo right now and are expecting up to eight inches through Wednesday afternoon.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
UALoco wrote:

Tell me what evidence you have that UALoco has any idea what Tilford is thinking or that RR isn't calling the recruits but you didn't say anything about that because it seems to fit your negative narrative. I didn't say I thought RR would go 9-3, I said I hope he does and if he does you'll still find something to complain and whine about. Let me give you another example. I listened to the whining all season long about linebackers being inferior and oh god what are we going to do and the sky is falling and now those inferior linebackers are all gone and people are complaining that they're gone. See, it never stops. LOL
First off, learn to read embedded threads, and don't pick on UALoco. He is trying to stay positive and give the staff the benefit of the doubt.

As for the rest of us? The sky is not falling... it fell. And the only vultures are head coaches who get even richer, fatter, and happier off of the ridiculous market that is college coaching, I am sick and fucking tired of these guys making fortunes without any expectation of performance. Where in the fuck else can a guy make $2MM+ per annum, where firing 'for cause' has nothing to do with performance - and they are owed deep into 7-8 figures if they are terminated regardless of how unsuccessful they are. If it was a pay for performance world (like most of us live in) there would be a lot less venom coming from this poster.

Yes, many are negative in response to the very negative state of this program. Put keep enjoying have your tongue firmly planted up the backside of the current regime... Never been a rim job guy myself.

If they go 9-3 next year, I will be ECSATIC. And I'll even be disappointed if we follow it up with another great campaign in 2018 when RR leaves in the middle fo the night for a bigger paycheck from a high profile program.

This staff will earn whatever loyalty it gets from me... and right no it ain't earning much.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

tgrumpy2 wrote:Not stupid, I'm with you 100% and the rest of these vultures make me sick. All of you sitting on the fence waiting for something to gasp its last breath so you can pick the carcass clean. I don't think a one of you put much thought into anything you wrote in this thread. At this point I hope that little sissy Burmeister goes to Oregon and gets a mouthful of karma shoved down his throat for the drama he's caused here. F#*k him and the white horse he didn't ride in on. I hope RR goes 9-3 and sticks it up all your rear ends. And if he does turn it around half the posters in here will still be griping and carrying on. Good luck to you all, you need it.
Yeah, so what you're saying is that you're going to rah rah the program till the brutal end. Well guess what, we all want the program to succeed. Some of us just feel like there is justification to criticize the current state and that changes need to be made in order to achieve the success we all want. You might be happy with the results over the past five years, but I and about 50% of the others around here are not. I expect UA to average a winning record in conference and against ASU. If a coach can't deliver that, well then guess what? On to the next one.

Rewarding mediocrity only gets you more of the same.

So that either makes me a bad fan or you a bad fan. I know which one I believe.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

Puerco wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:Not stupid, I'm with you 100% and the rest of these vultures make me sick. All of you sitting on the fence waiting for something to gasp its last breath so you can pick the carcass clean. I don't think a one of you put much thought into anything you wrote in this thread. At this point I hope that little sissy Burmeister goes to Oregon and gets a mouthful of karma shoved down his throat for the drama he's caused here. F#*k him and the white horse he didn't ride in on. I hope RR goes 9-3 and sticks it up all your rear ends. And if he does turn it around half the posters in here will still be griping and carrying on. Good luck to you all, you need it.
Yeah, so what you're saying is that you're going to rah rah the program till the brutal end. Well guess what, we all want the program to succeed. Some of us just feel like there is justification to criticize the current state and that changes need to be made in order to achieve the success we all want. You might be happy with the results over the past five years, but I and about 50% of the others around here are not. I expect UA to average a winning record in conference and against ASU. If a coach can't deliver that, well then guess what? On to the next one.

Rewarding mediocrity only gets you more of the same.

So that either makes me a bad fan or you a bad fan. I know which one I believe.

I always hope for better and want better but the fact is RR is the for now the coach and this recruiting class for whatever it turns out to be is our recruiting class. I'm not going to wish for their demise. To me what you and some others are doing is like getting on an airplane and recognizing the pilot as someone you don't care for and hoping the plane crashes because you don't like the pilot. That makes no sense to me. This entire thread has been pretty much negative and I'm tired of it and put in my two cents worth. So yea I'm rah rahing to the bitter end and hoping for better. Oh well.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

No one here is hoping that RichRod fails. That where your whole premise is screwed up. We WANTED Burmeister and Johnson and the others to come to Tucson. We desperately WANTED him to do a great job this year. Unfortunately none of those things happened.

Now, since he's the coach here we all desperately WANT him and the team to be successful next year. But truth to tell, it simply doesn't feel likely to happen.

Personally, I'd have started the coaching search this year, because I just can't see a likely scenario where RichRod performs to a high enough level to save his job, which is a shame, because I like the guy. So might as well get started earlier rather than later. That said, I'll be cheering him and the team on as hard as I can, just like always.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Puerco wrote: That said, I'll be cheering him and the team on as hard as I can, just like always.
Yep, I have watched every game I possibly could and will continue to do so.

Just seems RichRod is mailing it in, and with the recruits bailing doesn't seem to be trying very hard to keep them since it seems the Cats lost 100% of those who were waffling.

With all those recruits bailing, and the transfers such as Solomon he couldn't spare a scholie for Kenny, esp. when the LB corps is extremely weak?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

hope for the best and plan for the worst. Love RR and support him as best I can but the evidence against him succeeding is pretty slim. Not many teams win with real freshman and he has lost more of his first 4 classes then he retained. Very few all PAC guys from his recruits, even fewer NFL type guys.

He and Rita are so engaging that they could have really made a splash together (as Amy Miller never really is seen and likes to keep a lower profile) but for whatever reason they thought the grass could have been greener elsewhere (or just wanted more green). Hopefully we surprise but I just kind of doubt it
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Outside of Tilford, are they even any true freshmen who can make in immediate impact? Maybe some of the WRs could get some snaps being they are taller than any current UA WR besides Poindexter.

Get ready to lose another:
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Merkin wrote:Outside of Tilford, are they even any true freshmen who can make in immediate impact? Maybe some of the WRs could get some snaps being they are taller than any current UA WR besides Poindexter.

Get ready to lose another:

My guess is Faoliu, Willborn, Jackson, and Casteel. Some will have to make an impact whether they like it or not. Poor depth will push everyone and some who shouldn't see the field, will.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

If BB decided to go to Oregon already you would think it would be all over Twitter by now.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:If BB decided to go to Oregon already you would think it would be all over Twitter by now.

When does class start there? Started today at the UA.

Looks like they already started too:

https://registrar.uoregon.edu/calendars/academic" target="_blank

January 9, 2017
Winter 2017 classes begin

BB still listed on the campus directory.

BURMEISTER, BRAXTON COLE student
burmeister@email.arizona.edu" target="_blank
Undergraduate - Eller College of Management - Pre-Business
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

He really was going to come here but changed his mind, he is not in Tucson.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like Oregon is just as much in the dark.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Since he is already missing school, maybe he will wait to enroll on the fall someplace.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

And another one gone. I feel sorry for what our next coach has to inherit. Rich Rod probably shouldn't have talked about how he realized recruiting is important and how great the players he has coming in are going to be. At this point, this class will be lucky to break the top 40 nationally.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

gronk4heisman wrote:And another one gone. I feel sorry for what our next coach has to inherit. Rich Rod probably shouldn't have talked about how he realized recruiting is important and how great the players he has coming in are going to be. At this point, this class will be lucky to break the top 40 nationally.
Yeah whoever takes over in 11 or 12 months will get a program that is nearly devoid of talent and worse off than when RR was hired. Which is why I don't see us winning more than 3-6 games a year for the rest of this decade.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

gronk4heisman wrote:And another one gone. I feel sorry for what our next coach has to inherit. Rich Rod probably shouldn't have talked about how he realized recruiting is important and how great the players he has coming in are going to be. At this point, this class will be lucky to break the top 40 nationally.
Why should this be a worry of concern that yet another recruit decommitting from Arizona. I don't see RR or Our staff moaning and crying about yet another decommits.

What funny is that National Signing Day is next month and we still have other offer from other recruiting prospects.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

One more gone, Faoliu decommitted.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Not at QB unless you think Rhett Rod is the future. Why should they moan, he gets his 3M a year. Remember when he said this would be the best class is AZ history, well the clock is ticking
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion