49 Lee Pitts

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

49 Lee Pitts

Post by ANGCatFan »

Pitts is a 5-11, 182, redshirt Freshman cornerback from Oaks Christian HS, Agoura Hills, CA. A walk-on, Pitts was selected 1st team by county, conference, all-area by LA Daily News, and all CIF-SS by Fox Sports West. He had 34 tackles last year and 7 interceptions with 3 of the interceptions in one game to tie a school record. Pitts father, Ron Pitts, played 6 years in the NFL for Buffalo and Green Bay and his grandfather, Elijah Pitts, played 11 seasons in the NFL. Hudl video.

49 is the school record for all-purpose plays in a game set by Ka'Deem Carey against Oregon in 2013.

Last edited by ANGCatFan on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azcat49

Re: 49 Lee Pitts

Post by azcat49 »

Walk on after walk on it seems Ang. Thx for digging out all the info on these guys
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

I find it interesting that an All CIF Southern Section player from a very competitive program, Oaks Christian H.S., had no offers, or at least no acceptable offers. What more does a kid have to do?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Yep, great blood lines as well. Maybe he had some lower level offers? No doubt if you walk on at AZ you have a chance to play, especially on defense
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Finding info has been a piece of cake once the SID updated the roster. All of Pitts' information is from his bio, so all I really had to do was link his hudl video. This next week is different. 48 thru 41 are all open roster spots. I'll look at a lot of true Freshman, walk-ons, and coaches until we reach day 40.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

He came from a good football school that is coached well. He played baseball and football. His JR year he didn't play much and had a good senior season. He was not ranked and had no offers. Despite his good senior season, he had some mechanical issues and things he needs to get a lot better at. That's the reason for his walk on instead of an outright offer.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

chiefzona wrote:He came from a good football school that is coached well. He played baseball and football. His JR year he didn't play much and had a good senior season. He was not ranked and had no offers. Despite his good senior season, he had some mechanical issues and things he needs to get a lot better at. That's the reason for his walk on instead of an outright offer.
A player has to be very very good to make All CIF. I played on two CIF championship teams and only two of our guys made it, and both played for major college programs (one had a 9 year NFL career). So, it still strikes me as strange that a kid who played well enough to make All CIF (in spite of some flaws) could not attract scholarship offers. Upside potential?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

MrMeow wrote:
chiefzona wrote:He came from a good football school that is coached well. He played baseball and football. His JR year he didn't play much and had a good senior season. He was not ranked and had no offers. Despite his good senior season, he had some mechanical issues and things he needs to get a lot better at. That's the reason for his walk on instead of an outright offer.
A player has to be very very good to make All CIF. I played on two CIF championship teams and only two of our guys made it, and both played for major college programs (one had a 9 year NFL career). So, it still strikes me as strange that a kid who played well enough to make All CIF (in spite of some flaws) could not attract scholarship offers. Upside potential?

That's awesome. I played on one CIF-SS championship team and lost the other in the championship game. My Dad played on one CIF-SS champion team as well. I played with a few all CIF guys and some had some good NFL careers. I understand. He was not rated and that has some to do with it. I doubt there is any upside potential but we'll see. Lots of coaching up.