37 Xavier Bell

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

37 Xavier Bell

Post by ANGCatFan »

Bell was initially covered on day 47 before being assigned #37

Bell is a 6-2, 192, Freshman safety from Mater Dei HS, Santa Anna, CA. Last year he had 40 tackles (1 for a loss), 2 pass breakups, and a forced fumble. Bell has great length, covers the field well, and is considered a hard hitter so he is one to look at for early playing time.

Here is Bell after his commit last summer:
"It (Arizona) was everything I knew it would be and more. Going out there and seeing what I was getting into took my level of excitement from 100 to 1000. I can't wait to see what the future holds with this group of ballers we have in the Class of '17. We are for sure a group you can't look over without hesitating. Everything was great on the visit, but you know how it is when it's time to grab your jersey number, a helmet, and a pair of gloves and flick up. And when I walked out of the tunnel onto the field, I envisioned what it would be like to be a Wildcat on game day and I loved it!"

47 is Gronk's Arizona record for catches by a tight end in a season set in 2008. 10 of the catches went for a TD. Last year, Wood and Kern combined for 12 catches and 1 TD.