38 Malik Hausman

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

38 Malik Hausman

Post by ANGCatFan »

Hausman was covered on day 43 before being assigned #38.

Hausman is a 5-11, 168, blue-shirt Freshman cornerback from Bishop Gorman HS, Las Vegas, NV. Last summer Hausman visited Tucson on an unofficial visit and was hit by a drunk driver tearing both his ACL and LCL. The injuries caused him to miss his Senior season and may be one of the reasons he is blue-shirting. His Junior year, Hausman had 42 tackles, 3 interceptions, 3 pass deflections, and a fumble recovery. As a blue-shirt, Hausman can join the team the second day of camp, can not play this year, and his scholarship will count for next year's class. Also, just to be eligible for a blue-shirt, a player can not have taken an official visit or hosted a coach.

First, here's a video of Hausman and Tony Fields, a LB recruit in this class, talking about the accident:

And here's a link to Hausman's hudl videos.

243 yards passing was Brandon Dawkins' high last year. He completed 11 passes against Utah to set the mark with 1 TD and 2 interceptions.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Re: 43 Days Malik Hausman

Post by azgreg »

Sorry, but I was a big Tomey fan.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

azgreg wrote:Sorry, but I was a big Tomey fan.
Me too. Great coach, great man.

It's been downhill ever since.
Sid

Post by Sid »

MrMeow wrote:
azgreg wrote:Sorry, but I was a big Tomey fan.
Me too. Great coach, great man.

It's been downhill ever since.
Legend! The guy took a fastball to the freaking face in his fast pitch baseball league in Tucson and stayed in the game too. :D

Sported a huge shiner to practice and the football team loved it, tough as nails.....
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

It was time for Tomey to go. After the Holiday Bowl win over Nebraska he decided that recruiting was too much work.

Then when Cats didn't have depth, he decided tackling in practice wasn't a good idea.

Then took on Penn State in the Pigskin Classic.

Cat defenders found that putting a shoulder into the PSU ball carrier actually wouldn't make them go down.

Now that was the beginning of the end.