77 Maisen Knight

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

77 Maisen Knight

Post by ANGCatFan »

Knight was originally covered on day 65 before being given #77.

Knight is a 6-5, 279, Junior JC transfer offensive lineman from Ventura College and Judge Memorial Catholic HS, Salt Lake City, Utah. A late add to this class, Knight visited and committed this week and plans to be in Tucson on July 9th to start working out with the team and prepare for camp. Because of how fast everything has happened we certainly need to be prepared that there is still an academic or clearing house issue that may pop up and keep Knight from being eligible this season. On the positive side, his hudl video of his one season in junior college is titled "4 for 3 Freshman Qualifier". So someone believes he will qualify and still have 4 years to play 3.

And, yes, 77 (the number Knight is wearing) is an open roster spot and likely his new number, but I'll make that change if or when we get an updated roster.

65 is the Arizona record for combined returns in a season set by Jackie Wallace in 1971 when he returned 41 punts, 13 kickoffs, and 11 interceptions. Last year, as a team, Arizona had just 8 interceptions total.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiefzona

Re: 65 Days Maisen Knight

Post by chiefzona »

He's a big boy who needs a lot of work. I think the bigger schools were leery of him for a reason. Because of poor and neglectful recruiting, Arizona is forced to take anything they can get at this point.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:He's a big boy who needs a lot of work. I think the bigger schools were leery of him for a reason. Because of poor and neglectful recruiting, Arizona is forced to take anything they can get at this point.
Dude please stop it.

You criticize RR and his staff for taking too many guys early last year. Now you are criticizing them for the opposite? How do you know they are not being more selective and having better conversations about needs and fit etc.

Maybe the staff thinks they can work with this guy and he deserves a chance? But you cannot say anything like that because he isnt your client right?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:He's a big boy who needs a lot of work. I think the bigger schools were leery of him for a reason. Because of poor and neglectful recruiting, Arizona is forced to take anything they can get at this point.
Dude please stop it.

You criticize RR and his staff for taking too many guys early last year. Now you are criticizing them for the opposite? How do you know they are not being more selective and having better conversations about needs and fit etc.

Maybe the staff thinks they can work with this guy and he deserves a chance? But you cannot say anything like that because he isnt your client right?
Dude....stop what? What planet are you on? Even the casual fan sees the neglectful and poor recruiting. It is what has helped to bring this program down. The only way it gets better is with recruiting because the player developmental side is nearly non-existent in most positions. I'm not criticizing them for the opposite l, I'm criticizing them for the obvious things that even first year coaches pick up on. It has nothing to do with anything but disgust. It's just plain deceitful. We are all allowed to have opinions and that is mine. You should hear what high profile people are saying off of the record....I'm tame comparitively.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Dude please stop it.

Dude....stop what? What planet are you on? Even the casual fan sees the neglectful and poor recruiting. It is what has helped to bring this program down. The only way it gets better is with recruiting because the player developmental side is nearly non-existent in most positions. I'm not criticizing them for the opposite l, I'm criticizing them for the obvious things that even first year coaches pick up on. It has nothing to do with anything but disgust. It's just plain deceitful. We are all allowed to have opinions and that is mine. You should hear what high profile people are saying off of the record....I'm tame comparitively.
So please tell us then what they are saying, since you throw it out there so much how in the know you are and how connected you are.
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Dude please stop it.

"high profile people"?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Dude please stop it.

So please tell us then what they are saying, since you throw it out there so much how in the know you are and how connected you are.
This isn't my blog. I know nothing. I've been wrong about everything. I'm an outsider looking in. Knight needs a lot of work but he has a foundation to start with. I hope he gets the good coaching and time that he needs.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

so maybe you should just stop pretending.

Good to hear there is potential with Knight
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:so maybe you should just stop pretending.

Good to hear there is potential with Knight

Pretending what? To have an opinion like everyone else on the board? We all have opinions and state them. This is a message board last I checked......there might be a bit of potential but he's starting late in the process. RR and staff do not have the best track record with "projects". It's more like throw them to the wolves and let them figure it out and then when that poor planned event backfires it's blame the players time. Wash....rinse....repeat.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

To be connected and to know "high profile people". Either tell us what they say or shut up.

I think you are a liar but would be glad to admit I was wrong if you showed any proof of that.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:To be connected and to know "high profile people". Either tell us what they say or shut up.

I think you are a liar but would be glad to admit I was wrong if you showed any proof of that.

I'm monitored and contacted by a lot of football people in Arizona and California. I don't state things just to impress you. I'm growing tired of being connected in any sense.....especially when it comes to Arizona football. Some of those people peruse this board. Anyway, let's hope Knight hits the ground running. Serious question...are you Machina?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

chiefzona wrote:I know nothing.
azgreg

Re: 77 Maisen Knight

Post by azgreg »

What a great time for this kid to be a Wildcat.