34 Jacob Colacion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

34 Jacob Colacion

Post by ANGCatFan »

Colacion is a 6-1, 218, redshirt Freshman linebacker from La Habra HS, La habra, CA. He had 90 tackles and 4 sacks as a Junior before he committed to Arizona and then 48 tackles and 2 interceptions as a Senior before tearing his ACL in the middle of the season.

Here is the ESPN analysis of Colacion (Cola to his friends):
Possesses the athleticism and intellect to play in long yardage situations; from off (OLB)and deep safety alignments, we see very good route awareness and ball skills; displays good hip flexibility, crossing over with eyes back to the quarterback; is able to make hands catch interceptions and pass break up plays.
We see a physical, high wrap tackler capable of generating the short space power needed to punish and knock ball carriers back where they came from. Comes to balance, not allowing garbage yards in space.
Colacion is a physical linebacker with the blend of speed and toughness we like to see when evaluating the position; shows very good point of attack playing strength along with outstanding speed/range to the sideline. His frame appears capable of supporting additional bulk over time
Cola is expected to be an OLB for the Cats. Which rival does he want to beat most? “My family hates USC as we are UCLA fans. My dad wanted me to go to UCLA, so beating USC will be an equivalent to attending UCLA.”

348 was Arizona's best passing game last year against Utah which was just about double the 178 yards per game season average.

Oh, and players report today and camp opens tomorrow, so the worst part of the summer is over and it is time for some actual football news.