Arizona @ USC Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bangkok Wildcat

Re: Arizona @ USC Discussion

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Arizona will win 45-38......an offensive storm....Tate, JJ & Co. win the LA battle of recruits. BTFD.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Yep, 40+ Point games continue with Tate. USC has talent of course but they’re far from a dominant team. 41-35 CATS
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Weather forecast is low to mid 60's with a chance of rain.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Some good nuggets from the All American

All from the U of A vs USC series of late

9 of the last 10 games in the series have been one score games
Underdog has covered 10 of the last 12
Road team 6-2 ATS last 8 games

USC Rush Defense vs similar rushing teams

#1 Stanford 6.54 yards per rush
#3 Notre Dame 8.02 yards per rush

U of A is #2 in rushing
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Either cryptic or hedging. Might need both in the future to show credibility. Remember when he said our center sucked and shouldn't have been offered and/or he should have been moved to guard. Rough month for our friend

What center? November has been a good month for me, buddy.
You don't remember your comments about Nathan Eldridge?
You did get me that it is November and not October anymore.

I said Eldridge needed to improve and stop making Alsadek help out so much and he is doing that. He’s improved over the year and that’s what you want to see. It still pains me that RR refuses to recruit a true center. 3 OL guys are graduating so the need is dire.
HaCats

Post by HaCats »

would be a godsend if Friekh would get granted a redshirt.....but sounds like that's unlikely. Really sucks considering he only played in one game as a freshman.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:Weather forecast is low to mid 60's with a chance of rain.
Perfect weather for Khalil to fuck up the Trojans.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

They're honoring Troy Polamalu at the game. Bet he leads them out. I remember two games ago at the Coliseum, it was the week after Kiffin got fired, Coach O's first game, and Keyshawn led them out in a Ronnie Lott jersey.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Really, really don't want rain. Nice, solid track. Let it rain on the way home...
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Please no rain, I would really hate to make the passing game much more difficult.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

It would benefit both running games.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

20% chance of rain on Saturday, 50% on Sunday.

It will probably be a downpour at game time...
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

at 8 pm Sat it says 64 degrees with a 7 mph wind and 17% chance of precip. by 11 it says 62 degrees with a 30% chance of rain.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I just hope Tate is smart and doesn't think he has to run over people to deliver pain. Beat their ass, that is enough pain
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:I just hope Tate is smart and doesn't think he has to run over people to deliver pain. Beat their ass, that is enough pain

He played against a lot of these fools.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:I just hope Tate is smart and doesn't think he has to run over people to deliver pain. Beat their ass, that is enough pain

And with. Isn't there 6 or 7 players on USC that played on Tate's HS team?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

chiefzona wrote:

Awesome.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Game thread is up
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Sid

Post by Sid »

btfd16 wrote:Do they sell beer for USC games? Or is that only Rams.
Yep, it's a Cardinal & Gold tent area inside the coliseum forget what tunnel thou? Pretty sure it's the tunnell off the 50 yard line cardinal & gold side. You can walk in with SC fans, I walked in with my father in law who was sporting SC gear. I was the only wildcat in there and it was awesome. A bunch of Bravo tv personalities boozing it up. No beer at the concession stands....
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Sid wrote:
btfd16 wrote:Do they sell beer for USC games? Or is that only Rams.
Yep, it's a Cardinal & Gold tent area inside the coliseum forget what tunnel thou? Pretty sure it's the tunnell off the 50 yard line cardinal & gold side. You can walk in with SC fans, I walked in with my father in law who was sporting SC gear. I was the only wildcat in there and it was awesome. A bunch of Bravo tv personalities boozing it up. No beer at the concession stands....
Good to know!
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

A wet track disciplines over-pursuing defenders. They tend to play more positionally sound because of the bad track, kind of like how you run with more leg height and less pure power on a muddy track, or go a little less on an outdoor hoops court vs a wood floor gym. USC is notorious for overpursuing. I'd prefer they be fully confident in their conditions so they do what they do.

Wet track also helps a running game and passing game because you know where you are going and the defender doesn't/you know where the point of contact will be on a block and it is harder for a defender to hold position. For undersized defenders, that is more damaging...they can't just count on bulk holding a position, and can be put on skates easier on wet grass.

For all these reasons, I hope for a clean track. I want USC "flying" to/past the ball, and I want our undersized defenders to have as much flexibility/maneuverability as possible.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

:roll:
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ESPN P12 Picks are in:

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/i ... ooms-large

Arizona (6-2, 4-1) at USC (7-2, 5-1)

Aschoff: In the game of the week, you have the unstoppable Khalil Tate and the possible No. 1 pick in Sam Darnold. The scoreboard is going to explode in the Coliseum when these two offenses meet. Tate is great, but USC’s defense will slow him late. USC 38, Arizona 31

Bonagura: Tate just finished one of the best months in college football history. That’s not an exaggeration. And former USC coach Steve Sarkisian wanted him on the roster as an athlete, not a quarterback. USC is more talented, but I can’t pick against Tate again. Arizona 42, USC 41

PS. Buddha has a good feeling about this one......
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Watching USC destroy ASU last week was pretty impressive. Especially with how well ASU had been playing defensively. They're starting to look a lot like last year's SC team that started off slow, but ended up playing like a team that could beat anyone in the country. I think we're running into a buzzsaw.

I see us losing by a score of something like 55-34.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm think USC wins but 2 things give me a bunch of hope. One: USC hasn't handled running QB's well this year and ours is pretty good and two: Darnold is a turnover machine.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

A bit off topic. I was umpiring a softball tourney today and Jordan Grandon was playing on one of the teams. He was wearing the colors as well.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Late money coming in on the Cats - down to -6.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

No clue why Darnold is viewed as one of the top QBs in draft. Is the QB class pretty weak?
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Frybry02 wrote:No clue why Darnold is viewed as one of the top QBs in draft. Is the QB class pretty weak?
I will give him credit that was a beautiful throw
prh

Post by prh »

Frybry02 wrote:No clue why Darnold is viewed as one of the top QBs in draft. Is the QB class pretty weak?
This is actually a pretty strong QB class, but all the Darnold hype is from last year combined with "prototypical" garbage. I think he's gonna be a bust but that's just me.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

The guys fought like Wildcats against a bigger, more athletic team. Feel like next year could be our year. Tate at QB all season. 5 PAC-12 home games. All these young guys coming back. Darnold and Browning go pro.

Let's get that crappy bowl game and win it and take the momentum into next season. Get some beef on the D-line from JC or recruiting.

Would like to see Tate roll the next three games and get an invite to New York, and be a Heisman favorite next year.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

UAEebs86 wrote:The guys fought like Wildcats against a bigger, more athletic team. Feel like next year could be our year. Tate at QB all season. 5 PAC-12 home games. All these young guys coming back. Darnold and Browning go pro.

Let's get that crappy bowl game and win it and take the momentum into next season. Get some beef on the D-line from JC or recruiting.

Would like to see Tate roll the next three games and get an invite to New York, and be a Heisman favorite next year.
Nice use of the assumptive close, but RR still has some work to do this year. Let's rebound win 2 more this regular season... which I expect we will.

USC will still be a bigger, more athletic team next year, regardless of who does not come back.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Arizona was down 28-6, Score 35 unanswers points to put the game into a tie 35-35 all, Lose by 2 TD.

We all got to be proud on how this team perform at the end.
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

I would categorize this as a moral victory! I belief Arizona is now 2-1 this year on opponent's homecoming game.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

cordera89 wrote:Arizona was down 28-6, Score 35 unanswers points to put the game into a tie 35-35 all, Lose by 2 TD.
I don't think you should do any more math.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
cordera89 wrote:Arizona was down 28-6, Score 35 unanswers points to put the game into a tie 35-35 all, Lose by 2 TD.
Down 22 not 35 and you should of did the right thing by correct it but nope you didn't put effort of trying.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

cordera89 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Down 22 not 35 and you should of did the right thing by correct it but nope you didn't put effort of trying.
I should have "did the right thing by correct it".....say what now? You want me to edit your posts into coherent thought? No thanks, that's not my job.

Also, down by 22 isn't your only mistake in that sentence I quoted.