Roll right, throw to receiver running an out route

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RockyRaccoon

Roll right, throw to receiver running an out route

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Has that play worked once this season?

I can't recall Solomon completing one of those passes yet. It's not even that he's necessarily missing the throw it's just seemingly always defended perfectly.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
TuiTouchdown

Re: Roll right, throw to receiver running an out route

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Wasn't this the play we pulled on T Johnson's touchdown against Nevada? Also, I believe it was similar on Hill's first TD. The two DBS went with the WR streaking down the line, one man bit on Anu's roll out, and he hit a sideways throw to Hill. But I could be remembering it wrong.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

lol

This season it was run about 85% of the time when passing the ball, worked about 10%.

And yes, Anu is lacking in brain power.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

RockyRaccoon wrote:lol

This season it was run about 85% of the time when passing the ball, worked about 10%.

And yes, Anu is lacking in brain power.
Oregon sure made that play work tonight! We just need to execute it and push the passes vertical more!
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

What I don't get is that the offense was more open at the beginning and middle of the season. It is like RR shut the playbook down when games got bigger.

We killed Oregon (in Eugene) with wheel routes to our RBs. When is the last time you've seen that run?
I swear that we have thrown some posts and slants to the inside before. Where did they go?

I just don't get it.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Daryl Zero wrote:What I don't get is that the offense was more open at the beginning and middle of the season. It is like RR shut the playbook down when games got bigger.

We killed Oregon (in Eugene) with wheel routes to our RBs. When is the last time you've seen that run?
I swear that we have thrown some posts and slants to the inside before. Where did they go?

I just don't get it.
They ran the wheel routes a couple of times against BSU. Got some yards out of it but the Broncos were better about not leaving huge chunks of the field uncovered like Oregon did in the first game.