Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Arizona @ Utah discussion thread

Post by azgreg »

Line opens at -14 Utah.
azcat49

Re: Arizona @ Utah discussion thread

Post by azcat49 »

That seems high to me. Vegas tends to know best but I was thinking about 7.5.

Utes have had a tough conference schedule and that win at Furd was impressive. This game is a must for both teams if they want a chance to rep the south

We need to win this week and then have Utah best USC that next week. Guess we will find out if they are looking ahead, which I doubt given the fact they have 2 losses in conference
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

I wouldn't expect nothing from UA of getting their collective asses handed to them on what coming. But on the bright side if UA keep playing shitty on offense and The defense play good when their no competition on the other-side. We will count our blessing and expect the worst. Utah is not a push over team despite their record, With their impressive victory over (then) 14# Stanford 40-24? I expect the same result as always.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

If Arizona finds a way to win this one, Utah is done in the Pac-12 South race this year. Arizona and USC are 2-1 in conference and Utah is 1-2. If Arizona wins, then they'll be 3-1 in conference and Utah will be 1-3. Colorado gets USC and either CU will be 3-0 in conference or 2-1, and USC will be either 2-2 or 3-1. So if Utah loses this game, they aren't coming back - too many teams to leapfrog. (My ideal is Arizona wins and then beats UCLA, of course, but then SC beats Colorado and loses to Utah next week, and Colorado loses to UW next week. That would put AZ at 4-1, USC at 3-2, CU at 2-2 and Utah at 2-3. Sprinkle in a loss for ASU at Stanford, and they'd be 1-3, and that would be a delight. Odds against all of this happening: 50-1, because I'm feeling generous.) Arizona needs better play at QB and a healthy Friekh or else Mazzone had better have a rabbit to pull out of his hat; if the line plays like they did vs. Cal after the first two series, it won't matter who's at QB. That's the problem for Arizona, because Utah has a mean DL and they can get after you. I expect this game to be along the lines of 27-17 Utah.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Stanford was overrated. We’ll see by the end of the season, but they are marginally a Top 25 team at best. Love is nowhere near as effective as he was and their defense is not traditional Stanford defense. By transference, Utah is no juggernaut either. But playing on the road is always tough. We have a chance to win if we can continue forcing turnovers. Particularly in the PAC 12, you can’t rely on previous results to provide strong guidance about future performances. That is to say anything might happen. We may be riding high on the way out of Utah. Or the doomsaying Eeyores may be proven right.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I love when people call Arizona fans eeyores. If you've watched Arizona football for a year, or 5 years, or 16 years like me, or 40 years like some fans... what other conclusion can you possibly draw?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Fast Foxes take on the Grizzly Bears in U6 soccer action Friday night.

Our star player, who I lovingly call, Lil Beckham, doesn't fake injuries and has a nose for the goal. We have a scrawny quick kick who gets out on front who we call Lil Messi. The greek girl is tough and its awesome hearing her greek dad ride her from the sidelines in greek all game. Lil CST isn't that athletic but has learned to get in the mix and steal the ball on Defense. Collectively, our defense is stout. Sure we're a middle of the pack team, but we're competitive.

Gonna be more fun coaching bunch ball/herding cats Friday night than watching Arizona football. Plus I'll get a damn good milkshake burger and fries afterwards.

Yeah, I'll eeyore this all night till proven otherwise.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Stanford was overrated. We’ll see by the end of the season, but they are marginally a Top 25 team at best. Love is nowhere near as effective as he was and their defense is not traditional Stanford defense. By transference, Utah is no juggernaut either. But playing on the road is always tough. We have a chance to win if we can continue forcing turnovers. Particularly in the PAC 12, you can’t rely on previous results to provide strong guidance about future performances. That is to say anything might happen. We may be riding high on the way out of Utah. Or the doomsaying Eeyores may be proven right.
When you've been kicked in the taint over and over again you learn to expect it.......and maybe enjoy it a bit.............
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

And here it comes again. Pump us up with an improving defense and have a game on the road that if you win and a few other chips fall you end up controlling the south
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Haha, change that . . . you guys aren’t eeyores. I don’t think Eeyore ever got upset at being called an eeyore. He knew who he was and embraced it. Ya pack of namby-pambies. :lol:

In all seriousness, everybody has their own coping mechanism, I get it.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

azgreg wrote: When you've been kicked in the taint over and over again you learn to expect it.......and maybe enjoy it a bit.............
I like you, you sick bastard.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

I wouldn't mind seeing at least 3 series with joiner or doyle at qb to mix things up and show Utah a run threat out of the qb position to get them off guard a bit. Teams not really respecting the edge at all vs Tate right now. Maybe Utes will be tired after a physical Stanford game on a short week; or maybe that's just wishful thinking and they blow us out 42-10.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

I don't see how we score enough points to win this game. I expect the offense to be as frustrating as ever to watch against a decent Utah D.

I will be looking to see if the defense has really improved. Kind of feel like the last two performances have been a little bit of fool's gold. USC couldn't get out of its way and that Cal QB made some horrible throws that turned into picks.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

DrWildcat wrote:I don't see how we score enough points to win this game. I expect the offense to be as frustrating as ever to watch against a decent Utah D.

I will be looking to see if the defense has really improved. Kind of feel like the last two performances have been a little bit of fool's gold. USC couldn't get out of its way and that Cal QB made some horrible throws that turned into picks.
Yeah the fact is outside of southern Utah, our offense is scoring 21 points a game. On the road, that just isn't good enough. Who would've thought this team with Tate this hear would barely be able to break 20 a game halfway through the season.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing at least 3 series with joiner or doyle at qb to mix things up and show Utah a run threat out of the qb position to get them off guard a bit.
Or even RhettRod, who really can't run as well, but seems to have a better touch on shorter throws than Tate does.

Just put Tate on notice he can't pretend he's Peyton Manning any more.