Wide Receivers

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

Re: Wide Receivers

Post by ANGCatFan »

Nice story on David Richards from Jason Bartel at SB Nation.
"When I get out there, I just try to make a play," Richards said on Monday. "I'm just doing my job. That's the most important part and I was able to stay out there and play and I was able to do what I needed to do."

"It's been a little different, but it's been a growing experience," Richards explained. "You gotta learn that everybody has a role in the offense and just doing what you need to do when your name's called."

"It's more of a group effort more than just one person doing it like in years past," he continued. "Now there's eight guys who can go out there and catch balls."

Richards is still one of only two receivers that doesn't have a touchdown catch this year, which isn't lost on Anu Solomon.

"He brings a lot, he's just such a big target," said Solomon. "He can do anything. Everyone has a touchdown but him and Trey (Griffey), so I told him 'I have to get you one'."

"That guy just gets open," Solomon added about Richards. "I can just throw it up there and he can go get it."
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This sucks.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

azgreg wrote: This sucks.
Damn, that does suck. Thankfully he's still young.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Damn.. Really like this kid's game. Come back strong Nate. You'll be even more of a stud next year.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

The injury bug inflicts its late season damage on us. We are deep at WR, but Nate was one of our go to guys.

Oh well, no time for tears, time to step up.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Nice Gimino article on Hill.
Amid four defenders, he caught a 47-yard Hail Mary - quickly dubbed the ''Hill Mary'' - from quarterback Anu Solomon to beat Cal 49-45 on Sept. 20.

''I hear about it every day,'' the senior said. ''I have to do something to kill the Hill Mary, or else I'm just going to be known as that forever. I'm not trying to be known off one thing. I'm trying to do something crazy so I can get that cleared.''
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Big fan of Hill and wished they used him more like they did T Miller last year. I think he. Ends up with close to 50 catches on the year and he goes big against ASSU
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Steve Rivera with a good article on Austin Hill. What Steve doesn't say in this article is that Hill's team first attitude has been one of the keys in keeping the wide receivers playing as a great unit instead of a group of competing egos.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Hill isn't putting up the 2012 numbers, but he gets the catches that count and he's also become a hell of a blocker this year.